Just for fun.......

• I just spotted this site on a post in another area and gave it a try.
    http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/search.htm
    Would you believe it came back with only one possible dog for me - The Spanish Water Dog which is essentially the same breed as my Portuguese Water Dogs!
  • If I take away the non-shedding requirement, I come up with my current dog - Lady, a collie. She's perfect ... except for the shedding. My floors look like an old western movie with tumbleweeds blowing around, except the weeds are dog fur instead lol! Love her anyway!
  • Heidi, Porties are supposed to be non-shedding but they do lose little fluffs when they scratch. I don't have dust bunnies but Portie-bunnies that float in the air when the furnace fan comes on. Very appetizing when one fkoats onto a fried egg!
  • Ruth, If I add the non-shedding requirement on that web site, I get poodles and doodles. Actually, a doodle was our initial choice, but then we saw Lady at the pound and fell for her.

A neighbour has 2 Portuguese Water Dogs. They're wonderful! Beautiful temperment and lovely coats. Maybe out next dog ...

How did you come to choose Porties?

H
  • That was fun! Cept, I never heard of some of the dogs it returned... what the hoodledoo is a Whoodle? And a Xolitzcuintle? Sigh, it didnt return my babies.. Cairn Terriers...even though they don't shed, we cut them down for the summer..now they look like Dingos... ("I think a dingo eight my bybee" )