South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 06:36 AM   #1  

Default Tuesday Tattling

Good morning, good morning!!

Wake up you beachies!!

Ruth Hope that Harry is okay.

Hope everyone started their week of well. It was my first day of Phase 2 and went great. I had a tasty bowl of strawberries and blueberries with FF cool whip while watching basketball last night. I am going to have one item per day this week and see how the weight loss goes.

Only today and half of tomorrow at school. Then it is mommy time!! I am soooooo looking forward to slowing the pace of life this summer and spending time with my kids. My older DDs preschool is closed for the summer, so watch me start complaing around late June that she is making me crazy.

Hope you all have a great day- I need to hit the shower.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 177/154/135

HELLO! I'm back from my trip to Plymouth, MA. Had a really nice weekend with my sister and her kids.
I didn't do terribly but it wasn't south beach that is for sure. I ate a white bun one day and it wasn't worth it!! I ate low fat dessert 2 nights called Skinny Cow - they were like ice cream sandwiches but I'm sure they had some sugar. I also pigged out on Kettle Corn while watching movies!!
We watched Just Like Heaven and My Big Fat Greek Wedding. Very funny.
I want to get back on Phase 1 starting today.
Yesterday was my b-day. The big 40. I ate cake and ice cream last night but I didn't bring any home with me!
Today is doing laundry and getting back to the routine of being MOM. Looks to be a beautiful day here in Indiana and might plant some flowers this afternoon with my 2 little girls. Whats on your side of the beach today??
Old 05-23-2006, 08:22 AM   #3  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Happy Birthday Debbie!!!! I'm glad you had a good trip. It's nice to get away sometimes.

Kiko - on no more school for the summer!!! Enjoy your mommy time. I am jealous!

Looks like we've finally got some sun on this part of the beach. I think it's going to be near 80 on Saturday which is great b/c we're going to an outside wedding. I wish I wasn't stuck in this office today - I'll have to get out at lunch.

Have a great day Chicks!
Old 05-23-2006, 08:24 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I thought there'd be a bunch of posts by now, where is everyone today? It's a little warmer here today, but it still feels pretty chilly to me. All my flowers made it through the night, so that's good. I have the morning to myself, but little Maggie's nursery school class is coming to the farm after lunch, then it's swim lessons from 4 to 6, then I have to drive like a madwoman clear across town to meet some friends for a "girls nite out" by 6:30. It'll be a busy, but fun, day.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:27 AM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning fellow chicks, I finally have about 2 mins to post before I get my next call, I have been lurking around the last week and hope to be back on the beach starting Monday. Need to get stock up - so I can eat OP. Been trying to catch up on all the post so I can feel like I am part of the group again.
Ruth I hope that Harry is alright.

Well I have to dash the boss is walking around so it is hard to try to post. We are not allowed to be on the internet. I will try to sneak in again later. Have a great day chicks.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:35 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Debbie, the big 40! Happy :bd: Isn't it nice to know you are looking after your body? Enjoy the Mommy time.

Kiko, your mommy time sounds great too. Isn't that first taste of fruit wonderful when you switch to Phase II?

Kelly, enjoy the sunshine and please push some of it up here. It's 44ºF right now with showers predicted yet again. Tomorrow will be sunny, they say, and then we're back to rain. Oy!

Little Chick, it's so nice to see you posting again! I miss my fellow Canadian!

Harry is OK. He didn't get a concussion and they were able to sew up the gash in his head. Now we watch it as it heals. Healing is so slow in diabetics.

After working at the Greenhouse and visiting DH, I was wiped and had a two hour nap before supper. I went to bed at ten and was wide awake at 1AM. I hate when that happens! I think it was the cold tablet I took. I should have just got up, started the daily and done a whack of sewing!

Today I am off to the Greenhouse over the lunch hour so Lorraine can have her lunch and nap. It won't be busy so I'll probably be home around two. I fully intend to wash off the front porch so I can get the wicker out. It's been on my list for a week and I've been procrastinating because of the cold and rain.

Did I mention it's cold and rainy here lately? Just shoot me, OK?
Old 05-23-2006, 09:56 AM   #7  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

morning chickies!

Ruth-hope it warms up there, it's so nice to get out and sit on the porch

Cottage-enjoy your girls night, they're always so fun. And the field trip sounds pretty special too

Kelly-enjoy the wedding, i hope it stays nice for you but not too hot for the bride's sake

Debbie-Happy Birthday!! sounds like you didn't do terrible over your trip. And those skinny cows are really tasty and not the worst in the world so no guilt!

Kiko-wow our school doesn't get out til late June, enjoy that YOU time! and the yummy fruit!

As for me, not 1 stinking pound budged in May, well it did- up 1 down 1, like a mini yo-yo...I haven't been eating terrible but def not enough veggies, but I have def upped my exercise. So looks like going back hard core, I so want to lose they last 5-10 lbs. I have received a cople compliments on some newfound muscles so I'm enjoying that
Old 05-23-2006, 09:57 AM   #8  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Having another sunny day,might get a chance to do some walking if its not windy like it was yesterday. Got my closet done,I didn't find the handbag I was looking for.I must have given it away last year. We have 2 garbage bags full to take to the dump.

It was a bad night for snacking.I pigged out on Popcorn,Granola Bars while watching T.V.Not getting on that scale to see the damage,until next Sunday. I'm not going to be a victim to the old scale.

Hugs BB
Old 05-23-2006, 10:08 AM   #9  
hottie inside

S/C/G: 170/170/130

Height: 5' 4"

Good Morning Chickies.

We are looking for a warm day here, sunny and around 83. That will be a pleasant change from the raining and cold all Spring so far.

Sounds like everyone is pretty much sticking to plan and doing great. And happy 40 Debbie!

I am jealous of those of you that are off for the summer...that will be so nice. I will be stuck here at work...

I am going on my lunch to fulfill my mission of finding deck planters. They are planters that fit right over your deck rail. I figured that starting to plant my flowers this weekend would really make it feel like Spring.

Well, back to work for me. Have a good day everyone.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:22 AM   #10  
schmellie

S/C/G: 187/180/140

Hey everyone!

Glad to hear all you beachies are having a good day - me too! I weighed myself this morning (first time since last week) and have lost 5lbs in the first week of Phase 1. Very exciting! Especially given my friday night misbehavings, I'm feeling really positive and motivated. Yay!

Have a fab day everyone!!

xxx
Old 05-23-2006, 10:33 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 260/243/160

Hellos!

My it is a slow day here this morning. Today was weigh in, 3lbs! WOOO! Granted I didn't weigh last week. But still. My mom started SBD last Tuesday, since it was the day after our birthday she thought it was a nice gift to herself, with a lil suggestion from myself. And she's done well for her first week. Today will be more cooking and cleaning. I made that Orange Chicken that's listed in Entrees P2, omg *gags* It smelled awful and when I ate a bite I thought I was going to fall over. Left me feeling so yuck last night that I didnt eat dinner. So I do not suggest it. Even my cat wouldnt eat it. So yeah, I'll be doing twice the cooking today to make up for that flop. I found 3 more places that are hiring so I have to get my application materials together. I'm starting to worry about how much I've forgotten. Like will I be able to make it through the rigorous questioning at interview time? *sigh* I should bust out my textbooks and do a lil review for all these places that arent calling back. hehehe Lastly, weather still sucks. I won't be going for a walk - cold and still super sore feet. Happy Tuesday!

Ruth - I'm glad he's ok. And I hope the healing goes well.

Have a great day ladies!

-Jessy
Old 05-23-2006, 10:47 AM   #12  
South Beach Life Style

Schmellie~ Congratulations on 5lbs lost... YIPPYYYYYYYY

The Sun is out here, I am getting ready to weed eat some,, If it dont kill me,, allergies,, I will take my meds first then head out to weed eat.. All OP still.. doing well, cravings not here.. Later
Old 05-23-2006, 10:56 AM   #13  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

'ello girlies, we finally got some SUN! But the heat is still on so it must still be cold outside... booo!

I had a good day yeseterday, went to dave n busters with bf last night and won 5,000 tickets, haha. Stayed OP all weekend, 24 days now! I desperately wanna lose these last 3 lbs before may is over putting me at a total loss of 13 lbs for may but even if I don't I've already went 2 lbs over my goal loss so I'm doing good.

I had the weirdest dream that I found out that my gpa was a gay crossdresser. ha.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:09 AM   #14  
South Beach Life Style

Lottie~ LOL on the dream,, and Congratulations on the goal being met, you are doing so well....
Old 05-23-2006, 11:35 AM   #15  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

thanks
Closed Thread