Weekend on the Beach

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I'm getting tired of working Friday nights. My first change went pretty quickly and things were going well. On the second system I am still waiting for the helpdesk application to come back up so I can verify after the server reboots. It's been 2 1/2 hours so far. I'm about to put in my DVD from this weeks ER and start watching. That's one way to make sure it gets done.

I blew off exercising tonight. Brian still wanted to go on a bike ride but it was 98 degrees and felt pretty humid. I told him we would go in the morning before it gets hot. I sure hope I don't end up working too late. He won't let me sleep late anyway but I get tired when I don't get enough sleep. Sometimes I am just too old for this (and I know, 43 is not old!)

I spent quite a bit of time tonight working on swaps for Twilight Camp. I had gotten over 80 coats of arms off the internet and hoped Brian would find one he liked but he had to design his own. We ended up using PowerPoint to combine three gif files and then we found we could only colorize them in Paint if we used a tif format. It took me hours but at least it looks great. He will print out about 100 copies of his crest and cut out pieces of foam in the same shape and then glue it on and add a safety pin. The kids love trading these and it is fun to see what everyone comes up with.
  • Barb, I hope everything ran OK and you can grab a bit of sleep. I remember the all-nighters very well. I used to do jigsaw puzzles while I waited for a job to run past the original error We're talking a big batch system with 56 tapes here! The old days.

Well, it's not raining,,,,yet! I have all my potted plants loaded in the car to take to the sale. I took some over yesterday too. If they all sell, we'll make about $200 for just the plant part of the sale. The baking will also make money too and then there's the yard sale stuff. I hope the rain holds off. I'll go to the Greenhouse around 10 and hope I have enough time in the afternoon to make devilled eggs for the party tonight. If not, forget it. There will be tons of food.

Gotta hustle some breakfast into me and get over to the Church by 7:30. Wish us luck!
  • Best of luck Ruth with the sale.
    Today I made some custard for breakfast and can't wait to eat it. Didn't sleep well last nite. My job is going computerized and I work at home, so I picked up my comp yesteday. This weekend have to shop for a cabinet for it and my hubby will attempt to get it hooked up. He has to run another phone line. So glad that I took the weekend off to spend it preparing for work. A little nervous about the PC. Haven't work on one in 10 years and don't know Word at all but our class is next week. It will be nice when I don't have to drive in 3 times a week with gas prices so high. Other than that, I took off the weekend to spend with reatives in from CA and to clean. It is ant season hear so I have to find every hidden crumb that my kids have left behind. Possibly cleaning windows today and maybe washing come curtains, changing to my spring/summer quilt, etc. It has finally stopped raining, so I will probably go for a walk today. Sorry for rambling, and have a great weekend everyone.
    By the way, what happened to Weezle. Did she go away before her new job or is she just busy with it. Miss her posts.
  • Good morning all. Got a little bit of grocery shopping done this morning, but I'm still working on cleaning the leftovers out of my freezer. Should be a busy day ahead - going to help a friend paint her spare bedroom and then I really need to start cleaning the house because I have company coming next weekend.

This week was fun, but busy. The trip to Silver Dollar City with my sister and nephews was a blast. For those who have never heard of it, Silver Dollar City is a theme park with a country-based feel to it. It's got all the rides of any other theme park, but it's also a showcase for various craftsmen - pottery, glass blowing, woodworking, blacksmith, etc. When we went this week, they also had their Bluegrass and Barbeque festival going. So there was music everywhere and the whole park smelled like barbeque - mmmmmm! Don't want to talk about staying OP.

Barb - Hope the rest of your evening went okay. I hate having to troubleshoot or do stuff for work in the middle of the night. I just don't function that well.

Ruth - Good luck with the sale this weekend. I got to see the pic of the puppies on the post from the other day. How adorable!

Lindy - Hang in there with the computer training. I'm sure you'll be zipping around on your PC in no time! As for Weezle, I think she was having PC problems, and was only able to check in occasionally from her parent's computer.

Everybody have a great weekend!!!!
  • Good morning fellow beachers....
    Well I'm at work. I have to work 1/2 day on Saturdays. We are busier on Saturdays than the whole week sometimes. It's a pretty day so I'm expecting it to get busy soon. I hate having to work on Sat. I sure could get a lot done at home if I didn't have to work.
    I made pecan crusted chicken last night. I wasn't too impressed. The kids hated it. I don't know if I did something wrong
    I think I'll stick to cooking chicken on the grill. I'm running out of ideas for veggies though. I don't eat too many so I'm getting tired of the same ones each night. I usually do squash, green beans, limas, black eyes, broccoli and cauliflower. I can't wait to get to phase II so I can add more.
    I'm going to try to get more dairy in this week. Does anyone know about the dannon lite & fit flavored yogart? Lottie had mentioned it had less sugar/carbs than the regular ff unflavored.
    What about the WW yogart? Here are the ingredients:milkfat and nonfat milk, fruit base(peaches,crystalline fructose, inulin fiber, peach flavor with other flavors, food starch-modified,citric acid,suralose, potassium sorbate,annatto modified, kosher gelatin, sodium citrate, tricalcium phosphate,cultures, vitamin a, vitamin d. WOW if anyone can understand that your awsome!
    Anyway I'm just trying to find some dairy somewhere.
    We have the races tonight. Today I should be fine OP. Tomorrow I'm a little worried. We will take the boat out. Not sure what snacks I will bring. Gotta have snacks when we go out on the boat. Any suggestions? Remember I'm still on PI.
    Hope everyone has a great weekend!
    Thanks for all your support.

BTW, I got on the scale this morning and I've lost 2lbs in 6 days. Was hoping for more but I'll take what I can get!
  • Good Morning All -

I'm posting on Sat., so that means I'm a work. But it's quiet and I'm sure I'll get a lot done. I need to catch up anyway...becuase I'm leaving for Colorado on Thursday. I can't wait! Six whole days without having to think about work. That sounds so great.

Things are going well. I'm staying OP, trying to get exercise in. It is supposed to be in the high 70's here next week, so maybe I can do some walking by the lake. The only thing is I think I've gone nut crazy. I guess I just can't keep them in the house...or I'll munch on them all the time. I bet I had 3 servings of almonds yesterday!

Barb - I hope you can get in a little sleep!
    Ruth - best of luck with the sale
    Lindy - I miss Weezle too
    Jana - Silver Dollar City sounds like fun. I love watching glassblowers work.
    Wanna - in P1 you are only allowed plain, ff yogurt. When I was on P1, I mixed in a pkt of Splenda and a little vanilla extract and it was yummy. When you move to P2 you are allowed flavored yogurt. The Dannon Lit 'N Fit doesn't have high frutose corn syrup (which you should avoid) and it comes in a lot of diiferent flavors. As for veggies, I don't know what you (and your kids) would like, but how about mushrooms or spinach? Or sautee up some bell peppers and onions in olive oil. WTG on the 2lb. loss!!

Well, I've gotta run. No one is in the office today, so I'll check in later

to all and have a good weekend
  • Morning chicks!

I fell off the beach about a week ago. Partly due to terrible PMS - I think I jinxed myself by saying that it was going well off the anti-depressants. I had a mild crash. Part of the reason I took them was something called pre-menstrual dysphoria - besides getting really bad PMS - my seritonon crashes. I ran out of the vitamins that have been helping to control that and I was too busy to get more. Anyhoo - I should have got more right away. But I seem to be getting better so the only thing that will be hurt is my weight goal for the month!

Then everyone here is passing around this nasty flu virus and I've been sick for the better part of the week.

I'm working my way back to the beach so please hold my towel until Monday!

Hope everyone else has a better weekend!
  • anna: the plain ff yogurt I buy has 18 carbs and the dannon light n' fit has 10, what is the reason we can't have that instead? *confused*

Anyhow, I lost 2 lbs today! I snuck and weighed in on friday because I was miserable and just wanted to KNOW but it showed no loss but I weighed today (my official weigh in day) and I lost two lbs!) wooo! Halfway to my first goal!

Hope everyone is doing well. I've never done this much grocery shopping in my life!
  • lottie - first, WTG on being 1/2 way to your goal!! .

I'm not sure the exact reason (I'm sure the mods can jump in). But the P1 foods to enjoy list says:

"Fat-free plain yogurt"

The P2 foods to enjoy list says:

"Yogurt - artificially sweetened non-fat flavored yogurt (limit to 4 ounces daily and avoid varieties that contain high fructose corn syrup)"

It's probably not the carbs, but maybe the fruit that is usually in flavored yogurt. Just a guess.

How's your tooth??
  • Morning, ladies! I finally got to bed about 2:20. I figured if I put in my DVD of ER and started watching it that my coworker would get the problem with his cluster figured out. Brian let me sleep until 7:10. I did have to get up at 6 and let the cat outside. She doesn't understand that I don't ALWAYS want to get up at 6. Anyway, Brian and I went out riding after breakfast. The weather is beautiful (high will be 96 later) and we got in a 70 minute ride. We found a nice long path where we will be able to time him for a mile. He just needs to make sure he doesn't run over anyone. I told him we could go again tomorrow if we start a little earlier and he showers before church.

Ruth - Good luck at the church! Sounds like fun (but work too).

Lindy - Have fun with the computer. Word isn't hard. It's nice having a spellchecker.

Jana - Silver Dollar City sounds like a lot of fun. We have the Scarborough Renaissance Fair going on but I don't know if we can make it. There is just too much going on each weekend.

wannabe - For phase 2, I like Blue Bunny Lite 80 or Kroger Lite. You want something that is nonfat without added sugars like fructose. I only have the Kroger right now. It's ingredients are cultured pastuerized nonfat milk, apples, modified corn starch, whey protein concentrate, natural flavors, gelatin, tricalcium phosphate, phosphoric acid, citric acid, pectin, agar, cinnamon, sucralose, caramel color, acesulfame potassium, vitamin a palmitate and vitamin d3. The WW you listed has milkfat and crystallized fructose. I know I have posted the ingredients on Blue Bunny Lite before. I think it may not have the modified corn starch so it is a bit better than the Kroger Lite but I really like the French Apple Pie flavor I can get in the Kroger. The Tom Thumb store brand is not acceptable. I don't remember what is in the Dannon Lite and Fit so I can't help you there.

annarenee - I like it when it is quiet at work too. I've got two web based classes I need to take soon and I just need a little time to do it.

anchor - Sorry you've been sick. I hope your whole family gets well soon.

lottie - Remember this is not a low carb diet. The carbs from the milk are good carbs. My Kroger brand has 12 carbs (9 from sugar) but they are good carbs.
  • Here's the ingredients for Dannon Lite 'N Fit (blueberry...but I'm sure it's the same for all flavors):

NONFAT YOGURT [CULTURED GRADE A NON FAT MILK, MODIFIED CORN STARCH, KOSHER GELATIN, VITAMIN A PALMITATE, VITAMIN D3], WATER, BLUEBERRIES, CONTAINS LESS THAN 1% OF ELDERBERRY JUICE CONCENTRATE (FOR COLOR) MODIFIED CORN STARCH, NATURAL FLAVOR, SUCRALOSE, POTASSIUM SORBATE (TO MAINTAIN FRESHNESS), MALIC ACID, SODIUM CITRATE.

I hope this is an SBD OK yogurt...it's always on sale!!
  • barb, righto, keep forgetting that, I used to be on atkins. hard to get out of that mindset!

and thanks guys for the congrats
  • Hey gals!!

A quick check in as this is a BUSY weekend for us. It cracks me up that my kid is only 4 and we are already so busy! We had a dress rehearsal for her dance recital that is tomorrow. That was at 8:30 this morning. Now the baby is napping and then we are headed off to t-ball pictures and then a game. My dad is going to watch the little one while the big girl plays- as Barb mentioned is going to be HOT here today, so I prefer not to have her out in the heat for too long.

Plugging along here! Yesterday should have been my last day of Phase 1- I am extending slightly through tomorrow. (Yes Beachgal- I "listened" to your post. Thank you for your advice and looking out for my well being. ) ^ pounds down and my definite lowest since the baby was born, so I am thrilled!!

Barb I don't know how you do it!! You work so hard and always make quality time with Brian. I admire you!!

Anna Yogurt always confuses the heck out of me- I am going with Blue Bunny 80 when I hit Phase 2- it is always 50 cents at the 'ole SuperWalmart.

Anchor Get back on that towel!! You can do this.

Lottie It is hard to adjust your thinking around this way of eating. You are doing great BTW!!

Alright- gotta jet..... more later!
  • Dannon Lite and Fit sounds fine for phase 2. I think they must not sell it at my store. I know I've looked for it. I have to admit that I like the Kroger because it is always 39 cents! And I love the apple cinnamon flavor!

I've gotten 99 printout of shields cut out for Brian and 66 pieces of foam. He's been great keeping up with gluing the shields on the foam. I need to go buy some more safety pins since I know I need about 100 more. Brian is cutting sword swaps out but his design is 6 pieces and is a lot of work so he's going to do those on his own. I need to start working on my posters for the courses I'm teaching. And then make a trip to Dollar Tree. I love that store!

Brian has his first confession in an hour and a half. At least he showered after the bike ride.
  • Playin' poker tonight! wooo!