I'm going at it again

• A year ago (May 2005) I started South Beach and lost about five pounds, then my grandpa died very suddenly (suffered a stroke while at my house installing a water heater). I totally got off track and focused entirely on taking care of my grandma and mom, who took it really hard.

Next month, I found out I was pregnant , great news since we'd been TTC for over a year. I had terrible morning/noon/night sickness and ate whatever sounded good, then later just didn't really follow any particular plan. I did manage to make it through the pregnancy only gaining 20 pounds. I delivered a healthy baby boy in February. I got down to 215.5 lbs, 3 lbs above my prepregnancy weight, right away. But now it's crept back up to 218.

I'm nursing part-time but know that my calorie needs for the 12-15 oz of milk I'm making per day aren't that great and I need to start exercising. And I like SB and know it's a healthy way of eating, so I'm going to start it again later this week. I need a couple of days to inventory my kitchen, make a good shopping list, and go into it prepared. I don't want to end up living off cheese sticks and turkey. :P

So anyway... just wanted to say hello and let you know I'll be jumping right in here! I've been posting in the Pregnant/Nursing forum for a while now.
  • Welcome back to the Beach, HoosierHeather! Sounds like you're ready to make a great comeback this time!
  • back. We kept your Beach Towel and a selection of cabana boys for you.

Sorry to hear about your Father. What a shock to everyone!

on the baby boy! Do we get to see pictures? Please remember that Phase I is NOT for nursing mothers and check with your doctor.
  • Welcome back! I nursed Brian quite a long time and really enjoyed the bonding experience. I agree with Ruth that you should start on phase 2. Make sure you drink lots of milk and/or yogurt. You baby will actually get exposed to the healthy food through your milk so this will be good for him too!
  • Welcome back heather!
  • Thanks everyone!

Yes, I will not do the hardcore phase 1. I will be sure to get enough milk, that's my main concern. I mean, ME consuming milk, LOL... it gets confusing, whose milk am I talking about here?!

My husband is a skinny-minny but he loves the SB foods too. I just have to let him have some bread or rolls with the baked salmon and asparagus.