South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 11:55 AM   #16  
South Beach Life Style

Jessie~ Can we do online tutoring? that would be challenging?
Old 05-09-2006, 01:11 PM   #17  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Popping in again on my lunch. After this, I'm going to go post that shake recipe in the P2 recipes....I think I'll have another tonight - it was so yummy! Oh, and I checked the soy noodles, and the only ingredient was golden soybeans so that should be okay for P1, right? They weren't the best tasting things (I'd never eat them plain) but they were okay with the scampi sauce.
The hungry girl website is: http://www.hungry-girl.com/ (hope that's okay to post?) There is a lot of searchable stuff, there but you can also sign up to receive emails with reviews of new products & recipes. It's not geared to SBD but there's a lot of healthy things there that are easily adapted. I forget who originally suggested it here, but Thank You!

Kiko - on your baby being 11 months old! It's scary just how fast they grow up. Mine's just over 7 months.
Schatzi - hope you dry out a bit today!
Crockett - congrats on the test!
Smoke - Where about's in NY are you? (if you don't mind sharing) I'm out Batavia way and the weather is just ab-so-lutely gorgeous today....I want to go outside and play!
Cottage - oooooh!!!! What kind of PDA did you get??? I love those things I would be so lost without mine. I've got everything on there so I don't lose track of things as I seem to have lost so much of my mind with the birth of my littles. Let me know if you need any help - downloading programs for it has become one of my fav. hobbies.
Kyemom - congrats on the 2 pounds!!!
Dementer - congrats on your 30!!!! WTG :
Lottie - not sure if I welcomed you yet - so Welcome!! Good luck on your weigh-in.
Anna - have a good day!
Jessie - hope you get a chance to get out for another walk.
Old 05-09-2006, 01:29 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 180/177/145

Kelly, don't mind sharing. I live in Lafayette, NY, about 12 miles south of Syracuse, off Rt. 81 And you are right, it's absolutely gorgeious!! I've been inside all am cleaning. Going outside right now!!
Old 05-09-2006, 01:41 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 156/156/128

Height: 5'3"

Good morning! At least it's morning here in Hawaii...I hate the time difference here. Normally my kids let me sleep in til 8, but my two year old had me up and watching cartoons at 6:45 this morning. Blah! Hubby and I went for a walk/run last night and I felt so good afterwards. It sucked like no other during, but I was exilerated after and felt like I accomplished something. Sorry I'm not answering other, but it looks like too much for me to catch up on! I'll check out posts after mine, easier to manage
Old 05-09-2006, 02:45 PM   #20  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Its was a windy rainy day,coming down like cats & dogs,when leaving the treatment bldg,and the ride home wasn't fun either.Don't like driving in bad weather.

Leo's doctor,didn't like the raw blistering skin on his chest where the radiation is hitting. She going to come into the treatment room tomorrow and see if the x-ray machine is set up right.She told us that its going to be sore for a while,and gave hubby some kind of ointment to put on.

I'm lossing slowly again,was up [3] on Sunday and now I'm down again. Hopefully I can move that ticker weight down a little more than what is posted.

BOY!!! STRESS is really doing a job on my weight loss challenge.

Congrats to all the losers,and hugs and here to next week for the rest of us.

Hugs BB
Old 05-09-2006, 03:38 PM   #21  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

to Demeter for hitting the 30 lb. mark.

Congratulations on the SV and NSV's. Mentioning those I lost another pound so a total of 13 so far.

My new favorite breakfast is a piece of whole grain toast with Smart Balance, V-8 juice, and yogurt. When I am bored with that I will fix something different but for now working well. I am not much of a breakfast eater anyway and if I don't keep it very simple I will tend to have some skim milk and call that a meal Having the grain in the am doesn't kick any cravings in and keeps me satisfied. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to eat grains in the early part of the day. Enough

I take my MIL in today to get the results of her tests and find out if she has dimentia or early Alzheimers. My dad is going in for tests to determine if the spot on his lung is anything bad or not. Stressful day today with parents. Just found out one of my uncles has cancer, don't know the prognosis on his yet.

Everyone have a good day on the
Old 05-09-2006, 04:16 PM   #22  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just checking in from beautiful Nanaimo, BC.

I feel like a real wuss! I made it out here OK and visited with my pal Linda but then the damned cold got really bad, I actually slept ALL day yesterday and then from 8 PM to 8AM this morning. I'm pi$$ed over losing a day with my DD to a dumb cold. Today things are better and I'm at ME's house. She's nursing me and I'm really feeling better. It's 1:15 here so I am going to grab her dog, Sherman, and have my afternoon nap.

I'll try to pop in later this week. Be good chickies!
Old 05-09-2006, 04:47 PM   #23  
South Beach Goddess

S/C/G: 191/158/145

Thank you everyone for the congratulations!

annarenee: I'll be there part of the week & the weekend before you. We're hitting Denver for a couple of days & then on to Sterling.
My middle name is Renee, too!

Later, Chicks!
Old 05-09-2006, 05:17 PM   #24  
Recovering Sugarholic

Looks like no walk today, at least not outside. It's storming up a mess outside. I am on the 9th (top) floor of my building, and I can always tell when it's storming because the thunder shakes the building!! BLECH! Hubby also called and wants to meet at Chinese for dinner--SIGH. I am just sucking at the diet recently. Oh well, eat the veggies, not the rice, and I am OK.

Wonder if puppy would like to Walk away the pounds? LOL.

Jessie
Old 05-09-2006, 06:23 PM   #25  

Evening everyone. Sorry that I didn't get a chance to pop in before work. Had thunderstorms rolling thru & didn't want to turn on the computer. Had a busy day 'cause I had to cover for a couple of people that were out today. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Crock - Congrats on the test!
Smokepole - Surf & turf sounds great. Who do you think will win 'Idol'? I still think it's a tossup between Chris, Katharine, and Taylor.
Kye & Demeter - Woo-hoo on the weight loss!!!!
Anna - Good luck getting the bed into a studio apartment. Ought to be good entertainment value watching your BF try to get that done. Do I feel a funny story coming on????
Jessie - I really struggle with staying OP too. Yesterday I did great, and then today, I caved in and had a donut. I just keep telling myself to get back on track.
Kelly - Thanx for the hungry girl site. I'll have to check it out.
Aovercast - Kudos on running. I'd pass out if I tried to run now. lol
BeachBum & Bunna - on dealing with family illness. Hope everything turns out well.
Ruth - Ooooh. I HATE being sick while I'm on vacay. Hope you feel better soon, sweetie!

Welcome to all the new chickies that have posted in the past couple of days. Looking forward to getting to know you! Everyone have a great evening!
Old 05-09-2006, 06:49 PM   #26  
Live, Laugh, Love

Hey all, I'm still alive. Just wanted to pop in and say hi! Checking email from Mom and Dad's computer. Hope everyone is well! The new job is great so far! Talk soon (I hope)

Lisa
Old 05-09-2006, 11:46 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 180/177/145

Janna, I might have agreed with you until watching tonight's IDOL. That Elliott was good. I think he's the most improved. I'm afraid this wasn't Katherine's night. But I don't think she'll go home. Elliott is the underdog.
Closed Thread