South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 12:11 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 180/177/145

Shotzi: Thanks for the info. I printed that out. Ricotta is under cheese, with no limits, I hope. I went to fit day to start keeping track of my food/nutritional intake. I'm curious to see what I'm doing. Anyone else tried this?
Old 05-02-2006, 12:12 PM   #17  
South Beach Life Style

Yep, Fitday helps alot for me, when I get into a slump, and not sure why..
Old 05-02-2006, 12:37 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 155/152/130

Hi all!!
Well the ticker is down some.... I just need extra support to drag myself through this....I haven't really started p2 yet kind of p1.5 I want to get this weight off and feel that if I go to much into p2 I will mess up....any idea???

Waiting 1 more week to get my garden started... I tried to grow some things from seed and they all died except my red peppers (so far)...geez that irks me.....

have a great day!!!

where are the puppy pictures?
Old 05-02-2006, 12:38 PM   #19  

crock! your pics look great!!!!!
Old 05-02-2006, 12:50 PM   #20  
South Beach Life Style

Thanks mo berry... I took a big step to that,, I just dont do pictures.. but I need to get over that as well...as for P2.. just take it easy.. introduce one or two new things a week, if you see a weight stall evaluate what you added , then work from there.. I kinda end up doing 5 days p1.5 then the weekends are for pasta, and no bake cookies if I so desire,, odd how are plans actually end up.. but I keep it busy enough not to get bored, I get bored just way to quick,, with anything I do...Take Care.. and Good luck on moving to p2
Old 05-02-2006, 12:59 PM   #21  
RNMOM

Default Hi

Happy Tuesday! HOpe you are all doing well. I'm just doing a quick drive through today. I just got done from my run and need to get ready for work.
Congrats on the losers! You are all inspiration
Old 05-02-2006, 01:02 PM   #22  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Kyemom - Sure did! Starting Saturday, I will be Store Director of Hollywood Video. It sounds like they want to move me up pretty quickly, too, which is an awesome thing. I AM SO EXCITED!!!
Old 05-02-2006, 01:23 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgal
Congrats on the 65 pounds, SunLit! How are you *feeling*? You'll find tons of knowledgeable people in the Exercise forum who can tell you about muscle vs. fat. It's really interesting stuff! The one thing I know is to make sure you get enough protein and that you have to do strength training (weight lifting) to build muscle in addition to your cardio workouts. It's great that you're paying attention to that!
I'm feeling fine, Laurie. I do plan to check out the Exercise forum. I had just been reading a bit last night and found some articles that said gaining muscle is impossible on a reduced-calorie diet, so a dieter would have to eat more on days they planned to weight-lift, etc., etc. But that just seemed odd to me and I was concerned I'm just losing muscle, not fat.

I do pair plenty of strength training with my cardio workouts, so I think I'm okay for the most part. I eat lots of protein and I feel pretty energetic. Thanks for the advice!
Old 05-02-2006, 01:58 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsCrockett
Thanks mo berry... I took a big step to that,, I just dont do pictures.. but I need to get over that as well...as for P2.. just take it easy.. introduce one or two new things a week, if you see a weight stall evaluate what you added , then work from there.. I kinda end up doing 5 days p1.5 then the weekends are for pasta, and no bake cookies if I so desire,, odd how are plans actually end up.. but I keep it busy enough not to get bored, I get bored just way to quick,, with anything I do...Take Care.. and Good luck on moving to p2
Pictures are a hard thing.. you look great!
I seem to use 1 day on the weekend to eat or drink things I should not.. ...my weight is staying still right now.which I don't like, so I have to buckle down..last night I had whole wheat pasta w/meat sauce ...I was really full afterwards....I think I would like it better with icbinb spray and garlic...today is p1 all the way....because I am having sugar cravings....

I might need some sf jello if a cup of coffee w/splenda dosn't work....
Old 05-02-2006, 02:20 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Hey everyone,

This will probably be my last post before leaving for Hawaii!!! I'm so excited and am so proud of myself for having lost 26 pounds this year! I can say for the first time that I'm not at all embaressed to be seen in a bikini... saw a picture of myself from the boat party this past weekend and although I don't have a perfect body I like it curvy and a little soft. I still have 10 more that I could lose, but no pressure.

Thanks everyone for the support you've given me here... I'm amazed with how much confidence I have, although it helps to have my BF constantly telling me how hot he thinks I am ; )

Be back in a on the 11th... My goal for this trip is to jog 30 mins every morning eat tons of fresh fruits and veggies, and try to maintain.

Hope everyone has a great day! Can you tell I'm excited?
Old 05-02-2006, 02:46 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 173/168/130

Sarah, I'm so excited for you! Have a wonderful trip!
My DH and I were there a couple of years ago and it is just beautiful. Just be careful if you decide to body surf, you need to hold on to that bikini!!
Old 05-02-2006, 03:18 PM   #27  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Afternoon all;
Congrats to all the LOSERS & Willpower to you (those who are struggling).
As my window story goes on: Finally got ahold of the General Manager today and IF, now IF, no rain on Friday he will be here himself reinstalling my windows. That will take our time frame to two weeks since first installed. I have taken pictures, video and kept a call log and notes, just in case. Made copies of my checks too. Keep fingers cross they get fixed.
Well off to do some research on a book called "You, the owners manual" Saw a special last night and he was on Oprah yesterday, interesting.
Chat to y'all tomorrow.
Chipper
Old 05-02-2006, 03:19 PM   #28  

I just realized I hadn't posted today.

Things are going well. I had a rough morning (I didn't get home from the baseball game until 11), but the sun is out and I'm feeling good

I am happy to report I stayed OP last night at the game (I might have over indulged a little--I know I had more than one serving of nuts--). DBF and I brought our own food and drinks (yes it felt a little strange eating carrots and ranch dressing at a Cubs games, but I i refuse to pay those ballpark prices!!)

DBF has decided not to start SBD right now. He has a lot going on (read: stress) in his life right now, and doesn't feel he can stick with it. I told him I'll support him whatever he does. He said maybe he'll start after the move in the fall. He doesn't realize it, but he is kinda on SBD...since I do all the cooking

Well, I'm off to another staff meeting.

Have a good rest of the day chickies
Old 05-02-2006, 04:03 PM   #29  
We are all Beautiful!!!

It's finally raining here! Never thought I would be excited about that but we are so dry here it is getting scarey!

I'm still on the beach and OP! I was going to weigh in this morning but I drank a quart of water before I remembered to weigh. Oh well. I did have a little 8 year old visitor last night who had nightmares so I didn't sleep very well.

Have a good evening chicks!
Old 05-02-2006, 04:06 PM   #30  

ok I don't know this one, what is OP??? Please...

TY
Closed Thread