South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 06:08 AM   #1  

Default Talkative Tuesday

I might as well get us started! Happy Tuesday, ladies! Even though it's as rainy as could be here in Boston, I hope it's still going to be a great May 2.

I haven't posted on a daily in awhile, but my diet's going well -- I'm up to 65 pounds lost since January! I've been reading weird articles about exercising, though, relating to muscle gained and fat lost, etc. If anyone has any info on how to maintain lean muscle while losing fat, I'd be interested to hear about it.

Today's my busy day at work AND I have to travel to report on a meeting, then RUN to the office. Not sure how I'll get everything done, but in case I don't get back here, have a lovely day!
Old 05-02-2006, 06:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, SunLit, thanks for starting us up. We're going to have another sunny day here, but rain is due for later in the week. I have my W & M this morning at Curves, then I want to clean the house before leaving for work. I have to take the girls to their swimming lessons this evening, so I'll be getting home late. I'm glad I pre-made all those meals yesterday so I can just reheat something fast.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 177/154/135

Good Morning Sunlit and Cottage!

Both of you are doing awesome on weight loss!

Yesterday was my first day back on phase 1.

Today is Bible STudy FEllowship so I need to get ready and get the girls up and ready. We'll be home this afternoon and I hope the sun will be shining.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:56 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sunlit, thanks for starting us up.
Quote:
weird articles about exercising
How weird? Exercise builds muscles and ditches fat. I'm sure the chicks in the Exercise Forum can help.

Cottage, isn't it great to have meals prepared ahead? I must do more of that.

Debbie, I hope you have a good Phase I day again.

I can't talk much this morning because I have one heck of a sore throat and cough. Wouldn't you know it! I go three years without a cold and then get one three days before I am to leave for a trip West to see my DD whom I've not seen since 2003!

Enough crabbing. It's a lovely warmish day and Hersh and I coffeed on the deck. The wild plum is in bloom on the edge of the meadow and the scent is just wonderful.

Yesterday I took my special dog food in to Morna's and hand fed some to the fuzzy princess. ("Lucy" as a dog's name means "Spoiled Princess"!) I just hope she will eat for Morna because, if her milk dries up, we will be into bottle feeding seven puppies, a fulltime job.

This morning I need to wash my front porch because the guys will put out my wicker furniture while I am away. There are also three bushes needing planting, two Rugosa roses and a holly bush. It sure felt good to get all those daylilies replanted yesterday.

Hey! Nearly 8! I'd better get going while my coffee is working.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:24 AM   #5  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

I'm Baaaack - Not that anyone knew I was gone I've been knocked off my beach towel by a nasty bout of food poisining but I think I'm on the mend now. Still nursing some gatorade today, but I'll be back OP tomorrow. The only upside is that I lost a few pounds - really hope they stay off! I'm so close to my goal. My DD's bday is May 30th and I really wanted to meet goal by then, it's looking like I just may do it I've missed a lot here and hope I can just jump back on in.

Congrats on the puppies Ruth & Lucy!
Sunlit - hope your day isn't too crazy for you.
Cottage - good job on cooking ahead! That's one of the things that keeps me most on track....when I can do it, that is.
Barb - have a great day!
Old 05-02-2006, 08:24 AM   #6  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Ruth, If I were you, I would be over there cuddling puppies all day!!! Hehe. You are probably used to it, though! Are these pure poodle pups? We have a friend who "breeds" Labradoodles--for her enjoyment, really. They are sweet pups. We love our little mutt though. Maybe someday we will get him a playmate.

I am down 2 lbs since last tuesday--I started Ph1 yesterday so I am not sure that it isn't water weight from yesterday, but I am going to say that is May loss since I didn't record it until May. :0 Five lbs more until I am back to my November weight, and I think I can kick at least that off during Phase1. I went to a "salad supper" last night at church...there were so many desserts! Someone commented that my plate was "very green"! I enjoyed lots of yummy types of lettuce, broccoli and green bean salads, and one of these salads had toasted slivered almonds on it and they were heavenly! I ate a lot of that one!

Anyway, I should probably think about doing some work this morning...although not until I fix my coffee and start downing it!

Happy a.m...have a great, fit, OP day!

Jessie
Old 05-02-2006, 08:49 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 180/177/145

Good morning everyone. It's sunny here in central New York. Amazing!! It's a day to work outside and, like you Ruth, I'm thinking I need to clean those porches. Although I heard it's suppose to be 52 and rainy all weekend.

Well my scale moved that 1 lb. I guess that's a start. I am determined to keep at this phase 1 for 3 weeks. If I don't lose I don't know what I'll do. I have a couple of questions if anyone can answer them.

- Phase 1 recipes, how do I know how much is a portion. i.e., ricotta custard which is 1 c ricotta and 1/2 egg substitute. Can I eat all of it during the day? It's all on the unlimited list.

-black bean brownies. How do I count them?

Lastly, for now, how do I get my sticker to post and then, how do I move the slide. I can't find any instructions.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:26 AM   #8  

Morning, gals! I made it to the gym for a good workout of stationary bike and weight machines last night. It felt so good to get back there. This morning I had to drop the car at the dealer since the brakes are grinding. Unfortunately the mechanic said that the rotors on the Focus are designed to wear out when the pads where out so I expect it will be expensive. They'll call me this morning to let me know. We are in for some rain and storms this morning but they aren't here yet so I decided to walk home from the car dealer. It's a 35 minute brisk walk and felt good although I hate crossing so many busy streets. It seems like everything here is a 6 lane road or an Expressway.

I'm WFH today and have a busy day planned. Hopefully the storms won't interfere. Right now they look bad north of here so it may all pass us by.

smoke - Your ticker is posting just fine. To change it, you just adjust the number for current weight. You can always do a preview to make sure it looks right first.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:33 AM   #9  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Used my new DVD/VCR combo player,yesterday and got my 45 min of power walking done.I'm very pleased with it. My old one was to expensive to repair. Gee!! they don't make thing to last like they did years ago.

Bought a new large journal,not going to be used to add more food in it. I now have space to journal of how I feel,and what foods trigger me to eat more.I read on several weight loss sites how successful weight loss people,have journals not only for food, water and exercise but to post their feeling & behavior to certain events that happened in there lives[like Leo having cancer]and how to deal with them,along with finding what foods trigger uncontrol eating.

I hadn't the chance to read other posts from yesterday or today,but I will be back later to read them. Congrats to all the losers and hugs to all the others, Heres to next week.

Hugs BB
Old 05-02-2006, 09:41 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 260/243/160

Morning all!
Like the rest of the northeast, its an overcast blah day here in NY's Capital District, although it is supposed to get into the upper 60s. I have a few things I want to go out and buy today. Since wine is such a healthy thing, and is allowed on the diet, I've been attempting to get into the reds. (I already refined my whites' taste.) So I think I'm going to go buy another type of red for my nightly glass. Also, one of my fav bands has a new cd out so naturally I have to go buy that.
I really hope the sun makes an appearance. I really was hoping to go for a nice walk today, but the clouds and chilliness really make me want to curl up into bed. Really makes me kick myself for moving here. I miss the sun and sand.

Jessie- Good luck today! You seem really motivated. Send some of that motivation my way!
Old 05-02-2006, 09:57 AM   #11  
South Beach Life Style

IM up ,, Im up.!!!! the only way to hang with you guys is to be up with the chickens,, or be like Ruth and Shatzi,, they go wake the Chickens up...I can see them on there perch now..LOL

All is good here , I am studying for my Finals in Billing and Coding.. the test is at 4 pm today,,so I still have plenty of time to study... I just hate tests! i get to stressed out.. my neck and shoulders are so tense.. Take Care Everyone..
Old 05-02-2006, 10:50 AM   #12  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Congrats on the 65 pounds, SunLit! How are you *feeling*? You'll find tons of knowledgeable people in the Exercise forum who can tell you about muscle vs. fat. It's really interesting stuff! The one thing I know is to make sure you get enough protein and that you have to do strength training (weight lifting) to build muscle in addition to your cardio workouts. It's great that you're paying attention to that!

Ooh, pre-made meals, Cottage? Very smart!

Debbie, lots of encouragement to have a great, clean, OP P1!

Ruth! Good for you on working on those daylillies. Feel better, hon...it's awful feeling sick on a plane. Enjoy the visit with DD...sounds fabulous! I'll be sending lots of prayers and {{{{{{{{{{{{EAT, Lucy!}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} vibes Lucy's way!

Kelly! You poor dear! I'm so glad you're on the mend. Food poisoning isn't a fun method, but it sure does take the pounds off! I had Salmonella for a month when I was 13 and I lost more than 40 pounds!

Me:
Okay, I'm trying to not be afraid to post in the daily by replying to just the first couple people. We'll see how well that works. Usually I look at three pages of posts and just think !

I'm off to the wonderful city north of me where there's a Target! Have to get a planter for the patio and perhaps a couple other things here and there. Also have to stop by the pet store and get dog food and hay for the bunnies. Denali seems to be doing much better and we are not very sure that he is a spayed she. Long story...but after 5 years, it's pretty hard to change your pronouns!

I have therapy, a meeting with my psychi, and then tonight we hope to go to Lowe's to order all the stuff we need to put in our new shower/bathtub. I sure hope we get it in soon...the bathroom is open to the attic and walls right now, and so far I've found a huge yellow jacket, a big black beetle, and a big carpenter ant in the bathroom. I'm afraid of what I'll find next!

Have a great day, chickies!
Old 05-02-2006, 11:28 AM   #13  

CRAP!!!! I had this huge post and it went into cyberspace!!!!!

Sun,Cottage, Debbie, BB

Ruth, I hope this just a small cold...but nuthin can keep you down! Energizer Bunny lady! no bunny smilie so this'll haveta do

BG: I love tarshay's HAVE FUN

Smokepole: there are limits on dairy.. check the list here http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58183
The Bean Brownies I recall folks cutting the pan into 16 pieces and up to 2 being a serving.

Barb: good way to get in exercise! And those Texas hwys sure can get the cardio up I use to walk the Sam Houston Tollway :Yikes:

Crocky: Good luck on yer exam!

Kelly: Welcome back hon , glad you are better!

Jessie: YAY fer Green Plates!

Ok, somebody asked fer a Schatzi story the other day..so I posted what happened to me on Sunday on another forum... here goes:

We decided on strip steaks on the grill tonight which meant I had to go to the store...I tried to help a little person ... a dwarf lady who is only 6 or so inches shorter than me get some beans from a shelf..Now normally fer me its a 1 to 2 shelf climb ..... but the beans she wanted was on the top-top shelf sooo after calling and waiting fer someone taller I said the heck with it and went to the cooking aisle and got a ladle (this is what us short people do ) .... Dooo Dee dooo: I come back, hop up 2 shelves and proceed to push a can for her to catch with my ladle... Doo Dee Dooo ... We Are doin FINE... She wants something some Goya thingie thats a scoootch to my left... Doobie Doooo I shimmy my feet pushin whatever is in the way ...(shes catching it -- WE ARE GOLDEN!!!! GO TEAM) doopie dooo: I take my ladle and score her coconut milk crap ---Looop ! SHE catches it and then juuuust one more thing... instead of moving I reeeaaach over with my ladle.. and Schatzi and shelf comes tumblin down on Poor Dwarf lady.. :Well, here we were in the middle of these cans - just rollin and laughin! the two of talked like we knew eachother forever --she was badgerin me so much I said OK DwarfLady ya get these beans or my Ladle which do you want?? .. I hope I see her again - I can't remember the last time I laughed that hard. We picked up the stuff and reset the shelf in it's clampy thingie--only one side came unhinged .. I can't say we put it back in all the right places... A tall kid heard the ruckus and came over..apparently when I went to the courtesy desk to ask for help, he went to the wrong aisle.. He had the hard time keepin a straight face..
Old 05-02-2006, 11:45 AM   #14  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning all! I have hit the Day 3 "ick." I feel like my insides are bursting with energy but on the other hand, I just want to go back to bed even though I got a ton of sleep last night. No ketosis feeling yet, but still a little icky today.

I still have not gotten on the scale, although I had to tear myself away from it today. I had a staring contest with it and eventually let it win. Had a good work out last night. Ran 3 miles, but since I hadn't really worked out in about a month, my hips are hurting today. Otherwise, I just have minimal soreness from weights and ab work, which is a good thing. We REALLY have our first sand volleyball match tonight, and it's 79 and sunny today! I'm so excited!

I'm SO READY to get out of here! The woman who worked here before me (and has made my job a living ****) is the one replacing me until the end of the school year, so she's demanding all kinds of things from me. My boss (who 99% of the time sides with her) told her "Lisa will get done what she can get done." Thank God! About time he sided with me.

Well, lots of work to do and tons of drama here today so I'd better get back to work. My "a" key is sticking so I need to pop it off and try to figure out what's going on with it. Hope you all are well. Stay OP today!

Lisa
Old 05-02-2006, 11:53 AM   #15  
Kyemom

Lisa- Did you finally get a new job?? I have been gone for a few months...I guess I need a catch up lesson!!
Closed Thread