TGIF Chat - April 7

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • It's Friday! Whoops! I didn't mean to tell about the pizza! My cousin Ian was here yesterday late afternoon and I ended up opting out of book club and eating pizza! Oh well, I had only one piece and it was thin crust, whole wheat and vegetarian. Ian was here to check out the cottage on the Island for winter damage. I did NOT go up the Lake in the boat with him. It was too damned cold and the ice just went out on Tuesday! Ian is British and sometimes does things just to prove he is as tough as any Canadian.

Candice is supposed to come this morning to clean so I need to do my usual tidying. I'm off to footcare at the Clinic at one and need to do some errands after that. It's a good thing it's a cold and rainy (maybe snowy) day or I'd be resenting the time taken away from garden clean-up. I'm slowly working on moving my firewood into the barn. Right not it's on top of my day-lily bed and they are anxious to get growing.

Grab a and sit and chat about your Friday plans.
  • Good Morning, Ruth,
    It's going to be a rainy day here as well, but who cares - it's Friday! I'm skipping Curves this morning so I'll have time to take my car in for servicing before I pick up the girls. This afternoon we'll just have an Arts & Crafts day, we've been decorating their playroom for Easter. Tomorrow I have to go get my youngest granddaughter in NJ, she's staying with us until Sunday afternoon, and I'm going to a Party Lite Candle Party at my DIL's, too. I don't really want to go, but I'm doing my duty as a MIL. So that's what's happening around here.
  • Happy Friday everyone!

Hopefully work will be relatively calm today. Got a busy weekend in front of me though. I need to bake and decorate 6 dozen sugar cookies for Easter baskets they're putting together at church. I figure I'll get them baked tonight and decorated tomorrow. I'm also having company for dinner on Monday evening, so I need to get the house cleaned!

Ruth - Careful carrying that firewood around!

Cottage - Have a great time with the kids. Arts and Crafts time sounds like fun.
  • The Workweek is Almost over!!!! ...Strange Weather a Brewin here again..Startin to thunder- which means I'm gettin off the computer -takin my cawfee and my fur babies back to bed~~~
    I vill be back!!!!
    B
  • Morning everyone!
    Ruthie, I'm grabbing a cup of coffee too!
    Cottage - no Curves for me either today....I gotta go to work - 9-6 today, maybe I'll do some time on the gazelle later.
    Jana - 6 dozen.....better you than me - have fun!
    Me - I have a HUGE headache, I think it has something to do with the rain & my sinuses. I had 9100 piece truck last night & some idiot only schedule 7 people (that's enough to do half the truck!) We worked our butts off, but there are 3000 pieces left, so I have to finish that this morning - not looking forward to it. I spent most of my time in the office last night helping the Lost prevention agent look up receipts....let's just say my "replacement" - the one I call Junior, will no longer be with the company. He gave some one a $800 credit to their credit card when it was suppose to be $200. Our systems are not difficult, he had to punch in this amount....oyi!
    Well I'm off to start this work day so I can hurry up & get it done! Come on 6!!!
    Have a great day!!
  • Morning Schazti - how's the crack house?
  • Morning Chicks - I've grabbed my cup of and have a minute to sit and chat. Rainy and gloomy here, too. Sooooo glad it's Friday though
    Had to change ticker up 2 pounds - what's up with that? My calories have been up a little the past two days, but I definitely haven't eaten an extra 7000 cal. Hopefully, it's mostly water and will disappear as suddenly as it appeared
    MIL is taking the littles together overnight for the first time tonight (DD has stayed there a few times, but she's never had the baby overnight). Hopefully, DH and I will get some quality sleep in tonight and maybe a little somthin' somthin'

Soon - I hope your day at work goes fast. I can't believe that guy did it for $800 - that's not even close to 2.
    Schatzi - I'm so jealous that you're crawling back into bed for a bit.....it was so hard to get up this morning.
    Jana - good luck with the cookies!
    Cottage - have a great weekend with your granddaughter.
    Ruth - Ooops on the pizza. I agree with Jana, be careful moving all that wood around.
  • Ohhh, I ate too many grains yesterday! One of the few times I've been really careless in the last three months. I ate Triscuits with lunch, had a whole wheat turky taco pita for dinner and then ..... I made soft WW chocolate chip cookies and ate one (plus a scoop of cookie dough). The cookies are yummy, I found the recipe on in the Desserts section and decided to make my own sugar-free chocolate chips as well (I didn't make enough and had to use a handful of semisweet chips, too. Alas.).

Luckily, the preparation and baking of the cookies was more entertaining than the eating of them, so I didn't feel inclined to chow down. But my excesses of the past two days mean I'm up half a pound since Monday.

Kelly J -- Your 2lb gain IS most likely water. I, OTOH, could very possibly have eaten thousands of calories with my cookies!

Soon -- Yup, $800 and $200 -- no so much the same. Probably best to give him the heave-ho.

Jana -- good luck with those baskets!

Schatzi -- Lucky, heading back to bed with the furbabies. I'll see my kitties this weekend!

Cottage -- I never want to go to those Candle/Jewelry/Magnet/
    Purse/Decoration parties and then always end up having fun. I hope you will, too! (look for blueberry muffin scented candles, they're really good).

Ruth -- Mmm, pizza. Sounds disturbingly good!

I hope everyone's having a great day!
  • Good morning! It's raining here too but I'm hoping for some sunshine this weekend. We've got to put a second coat of stain on our deck. It's going to look really nice when we're done. I can't wait to start planting my flowers too! I'd like to plant some herbs, tomatoes, and maybe some cucumbers too.

My grandmother comes home from the hospital today. I'm so glad and I'm sure she is too. She's not used to being waited on. She's usually the one to be waiting on everyone else! I want to call the florist so there will be flowers waiting for her when she gets home. I'm hoping that will cheer her up.

Kelly~Enjoy your time with hubby! I know how that goes...it's usually far and few between(times alone)

Soon~ I'd sure hate to be that guy! That's a BIG mistake!

Jana~Do you think I could get your recipe for the Easter sugar cookies and frosting? I love to bake but for some reason I haven't mastered the "sugar cookie". I'd like to make some for my kids.

cottage~You sound like such a fun gm!

Ruth~That vegetarian pizza sounds sooo yummy! If I ever make it to ph2 I'd like to try it!

Schatzi~ hi...you lucky chick...getting to go back to bed.

To anyone I may have missed in posting....HAVE A GREAT DAY!
    Tara
  • Friday
    Happy Friday!
    I'm excited that it's Friday. Tomorrow we're venturing over to Omaha & going to the zoo & staying at a nice hotel Sat. night. It should be fun & I should get some good exercise 'cause that place is huge! *Note to Self: Bring some nutritious snacks.

Ruth: I hope it warms up for you soon.
    Cottage: Arts & Crafts sounds like a great, creative way to spend a Friday
    Jana: Have fun baking!
    Schatzi: Hope you don't get zapped!
    Soon: Hope you feel better!
    Kelly: Have fun tonight!
    Sunlit: Mmmmmmm. I think I'll go find those cookies.
    Tar675: I'm glad your grandma gets out today!

Have a great weekend!!
  • Good Morning Chicks!

Well, after eating OP all day yesterday, I fell off the wagon last night.

I got talked in to going out for Mexican at my favorite local spot and proceeded to eat the chips and salsa, along with the meal - a chicken tostada, chicken taco, and chicken enchilida Oh and rice - which I didn't eat much of. But I finished pretty much the whole meal. Which wouldn't have been so bad if I would've avoided the shells. Oh well. Then I went out for a few beers - stress reliever from a rough day at work. So needless to say I was super naughty. The scale hasn't moved - in either direction, so I will take that and run with it. :

Tonight is the fish fry, and I refuse to eat grilled fish - I think it is probably the most disgusting thing in the world to me. I just can't stomach it. So I'm going to eat OP all day and hopefully tonight won't set me back too far. Tomorrow is a new day, and I PROMISE I will behave and stay OP.

Okay okay, enough whining for one day.

Weezle - how did the weather fare out for you last night?
  • Good morning everyone!

Happy Friday- and to some- Happy payday!

Last night I got stuck taking over another girls shift so I was at work much longer than expected. I got really hungry around dinner time, so I ended up with a bran muffin and a nutrigrain bar. It was the best I could do! To me that was something I couldn't have prevented because there was nothing healthier to eat, and it wasn't something I could plan around. I'm not going ot punish myself!

Can you girls tell me if this is SBD safe:
    INDREDIENTS:modified milk ingredients, skim milk powder, cocoa, carrageenan, salt, artificial flavor, sucralose, acesulfame-potassium

I hope it is! It's so delicious!

I hope everyone has a great OP day!
    I'm starting PII tomorrow, and I'm really excited for it!
  • Hi
    Well, it's been a rough week and this is the first time I've had a chance to post. I hate that, it takes forever to figure out what you all are talking about! I guess I could be a nosy and interrupt your conversations by saying "huh?" "what was that?" I'll just have to go to old posts

Ruth, I'm with you, no way would I go out on water in the cold. I'm not tough and proud of it. Snowed here yesterday and I wanted to cry.

cottage, sounds like you'll be having a fun grandma night. I don't love home parties, I feel too pressured. You are a great MIL to do that.

Jana, I think I wouldn't be able to bake sugar cookies and take them anywhere, I'd eat them! I've never done sugar cookies before, I've never found a recipe I like. Have one you wanna share?

Schatzi, I'll try to tiptoe around here so I don't wake you. Are you running a crack house?

soon2b, hope you make it through your day.

Kelly, enjoy your extra winks in the morning.

Tara, the cookies sound good! Only a half a pound.....you'll be fine.

Demeter, YOU HAVE FUN!

Dare2, how do you NOT eat chips and salsa? I love Mexican.

jazz, sounds like you did better than I might have done. What is it that your eating with those listed ingredients?

Well, I'm off for about 12 days. My son comes home on leave from Ft Bliss this coming Tuesday. The whoe fam will be here over Easter weekend to see him. Then he goes to Iraq on the 20th. Last night I rounded up over a dozen large flags that I'm going to decorate our yard with before he gets home. I hope it will look good.
    It will be nice to have the time away from the ER, it's starting to get to me. We had 3 suicide attempts yesterday, and one the day before. We're a pretty small ER so this was highly unusual. The weather has been so dreary for the last 6 months that I wonder if that isn't part of the problem. Anyway, I look forward to some time to recharge!
    Happy Friday everyone!!! Enjoy your weekend!
  • Hello All you ladies!

You sound so seasoned and motivated. I am about to start SB and would love to glean from your experiences so I am along for the ride and thank you for being willing to share! :-)
  • Morning ladies-
    The soon-to-be mom-in-law is in town, so I am at work I leave early to go hang out with HB and her though, so the Friday work-day should go by fast! Now, I don't know about the weekend...We're going to see if we can find bridesmaids dresses -- and show HB's mom her dress. I go look for mine technically next month, but if I find something now...Unlike HB, I can't buy off the rack so I am thinking a different, long bridesmaid's dress in white. I don't know WHAT dressmakers are thinking making dresses be two sizes BIGGER than you are!!!!!!!!!

Ruth -- you had to go and mention pizza, didn'tcha??

Schatzi -- storms here all day too!

Jana -- now I want sugar cookies!

cottage -- I think you are a great MIL - I can't imagine hours of candles!

soon2b -- try to have a good one! feel better!

Kelly -- have fun! work off those 2 pounds!

Tara -- glad your grandma is going home!

Demeter -- I've been to the zoo there once and loved it. I ran with the monkeys (was it me or then behind the glass?)

Dare2 -- you'll be fine! Back on the horse!

jazz -- you did what you could. I don't know the answer -- I seem to remember something about sucralose, but can't remember if it's good or bad!

RnMom -- hope the weekend is better than the week!