3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Weekend chatter... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/79852-weekend-chatter.html)

chipper15173 03-25-2006 06:56 AM

Weekend chatter...

Ok, everyone I know it's Saturday and a sleep in day. I will wisper.
Feeling even better today. This flu going around can really knock you off your feet. I think I sleep better at night now with the quiting smoking. I still smoke, but only 2 a day. Big drop from 2 packs a day. Eating has been whatever. Scale will tell the story on Monday.
My plans for today are going to get me a new stove. Yea, I am so excited about that. I have never had new appliances, now I will have a stove, fridge, dishwasher, microwave. I am ready to cook good meals now. Well, DH is stirring, time to get myself in gear and start a great day. Birds are singing and sun is opening it's eyes and bright lights. Still chilly outside, but, that's ok.
Have a great day everyone.
Cathy

Ruthxxx 03-25-2006 07:04 AM

Quickie post as I have to make several phone calls. I just got some bad news about a friend who is in Africa on a fact-finding mission re AIDS. John was mobbed by a crown in Nairobi and is in hospital. Hospitals in Africa make me very uneasy!

Tonight is the dinner theatre at the Long Horn so I need to throw together some sort of 1870 city lady costume. Catch you all later.

want2babeachbabe 03-25-2006 07:35 AM

Dear Chickie Friends,
I haven't been here long and don't post much, but I want you to know that I thanked God for all of you this morning. It does me so much good and has truly helped me get through Phase 1 and into Phase 2 to check out the forums everyday. I see real people who are going through the same real issues with food that I do. I am so thankful for this website. I look forward to seeing what is happening in your lives each day.

Cathy-Glad you're perking up and way to go on the changes that you are making in your life.

Ruth-I'm sorry about your friend. I know that it is difficult knowing that he is so far away and in unfortunate circumstances to say the least. He will be in my prayers.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

-Dee

tar675 03-25-2006 07:58 AM

Good Morning!
Cathy~Keep up the good work! I know it can't be easy giving up smoking but it will be so worth it! Your food will taste so much better, you'll be able to breath and smell better. There are many plus'. I wish my dh would quit. He had me buy him Nicorette but when I got home with it he said he wanted the patches, not the gum! I still haven't exchanged it!

Ruth~Sorry to hear about your friend, John. That is so scary! I hope he is okay.I'll keep him in my prayers. Have fun at your theatre/dinner thingamagiggy.

Dee~I know what you mean about the board! It has been a real inspiration to me. The support I get here is great.

To anyone I may have missed in posting...Have a great OP day!

JanaM 03-25-2006 08:10 AM

Woo-hoo! I'm on vacation!!!! Looking forward to a whole week away from work. Have plenty on my to-do list though. I'm also going to use this week to get back on track SB-wise. I haven't been very faithful. :nono: Printed off a bunch of recipes from the forum to try this week since I'll have extra time to cook. I'm waiting for the Crustless Cheesy Broccoli Quiche to come out of the oven so that I can have breakfast.

Chipper - Way to go on quitting smoking. Keep up the good work! Hope you feel better soon. Congrats on the new stove. I just love new kitchen toys! ;)

Ruth - I can't imagine how scary that must have been for your friend. I pray that he's safe. Have fun at your dinner theater tonight - that sounds like fun.

Want2be - Welcome! I keep coming back here for inspiration too. Great board, ain't it? :D

Tar & everyone else - :wave: and have a great weekend!!!!

Kiko 03-25-2006 08:21 AM

Woohoo- the weekend is here!! This weekjust about kicked my butt, I am so glad that it is OVER!! I have a "bonus" 3 day weekend as my baby DDs daycare is closed on Monday, so I am taking a personal day. Works for me!!

Just took a bit of time to get caught up on post from the week. I hate that when I am back at work I just don't make the time to post!! it looks like lots of chicks are doing great with their weightloss! I cannot believe that the end of the month is almost here. What the heck??

We have an early birthday party today at a place called Pump it Up. My DD loves this place- it is indoor with huge bounce houses and inflatable slides. Very fun, but very loud!! After that, home for lunch and some cleaning. I also have got to get taxes done and sent off this weekend. Fun stuff...

Eating has still been a trainwreck. I need to do some serious thinking and planning this weekend to find some FOCUS!!!!!!!!!

Have a super day chickies!!

Ruthxxx 03-25-2006 08:22 AM

Chipper, :bravo: for cutting back on the smokes! You will be so much better when you are off them completely.

Dee and Tar, isn't it great to share lives, victories and problems? I look forward to reading the Forums every day and I'm pretty old and jaded and certainly not losing weight.

Jana, I'm still waiting for my crocuses! Maybe by Monday as it's going to be above freezing every day. That quiche sounds good - I must try it in smaller quantities.

Just talked to John's partner, Rob, and John is now out of the hospital and staying with some Anglican friends. He was supposed to fly home tomorrow but it'll be next week now. Whew! He has been volunteering at an orphange for kids affected by AIDS - kind of ironic that he was mobbed by the people he was trying to help but that's life in Africa, I guess. :(

Hey, the robins are actually singing which means it's truly spring. I just hung a mesh bag of dog fur outside for nest builkding. Last year I found a nest completely lined in black silk compliments of The Girls!

Big :wave: to everyone (like Kiko)who snuck in while I was posting. I'm off to do my PT exercises and then treadmill.

Happy Saturday!

pearshape 03-25-2006 08:39 AM

Good morning, chicks. This past weeks eating was not very good for me. Another failed attempt at restarting P1. Oh well, I'll try agian starting today. Needless to say my ticker is a big fat liar right now. But upwards and onwards, right? Right now I'm sitting here trying to efile my taxes but not having much luck accesing my online income information. Pain in the a$$! But, my little Percival is keeping me company inside my shirt, his favorite spot, so its not all that bad :D .

chipper: it's nice to have such a positive post to start the day. have fun picking out all your new toys.

ruth: glad to hear your friend is going to be alright. what an amazing person to do that sort of work. and I loved the little story about the dog fur birds nest. too cute. what a great example of recycling in action ;) .

want2be: i agree, this website is great. such a great resource. congrats on a successful P1. good job.

tar: love your avatar. she's adorable.

jana: i also have to get back on track. your b'fast sounds delicious. good luck this week.

kiko: "trainwreck" is a perfect description of my eating too this week. your not alone. lets make this a good healthy OP week. we can do it!!

everyone else, have a great weekend!

Schatzi 03-25-2006 08:43 AM

YIPPPPPEEEEE FER The weekend!!!! :dancer:

Chipper: You're doing great girl! New appliances!!! How exxxxciting!

Ruth: How terrible about John - good that he will be coming home for care! Dinner Theatah sounds Fun! I use to throw those Mystery dinner parties at home.. we had a blast!

Wanttobebeachbabe: :grouphug: we do have great chicks on our forum..I love to hear bout everybodies day.

Tar: Good luck to DH

Jana: Yay fer Vacay!!! Please let us know which recipes are keepers fer ya..I'm always trying the new ones. I made the crockpot pulled pork and it was delish! And balsamic greenbeans - yum last week... Gonna look for some new ones fer this week to try

Kiko: Enjoy yer 3 day weekend!

Enjoying my cawfee before heading over to Curves to git my exercise in!!!! Then some yard work...Enjoy the day Chickadoodles!!!!

Schatzi 03-25-2006 08:45 AM

:wave: Pearsy and Percival!! yesterday my eating was a trainwreck tooo :( but today back on plan!!!!!!!!!!!!!

soon2Bfab 03-25-2006 09:35 AM

Morning.....I'm glad I wasn't the only train wreck yesterday! I come home to find someone in my parking space (this lady is ALWAYS in someone's space!) So I knocked on the door & asked her to move the car. I waited for 10 mins & decided to park on the other side of the lot & call the cops to have her ticketed. She sends a child out to move the car (12, 13 yr old). I asked him if he was going to move the car & he said yes, so I thanked him. Then he looks at me & tells me that his mother wanted to talk to me. So I walk by & start to thank her & she -still in pajamas (at 6pm) hair a mess & clearly on something starts yelling at me not to knock on her door. So I told her not to park in my space & I won't knock on your door. I then go inside & about 10 mins later her & her friend (which together they were about 600lbs) come knocking on my door telling me not to talk to their children (?!) So I told her that I merely thanked him for moving the car, she was not listening & going off about how I don't talk to kids like that. So I told her that I was going to take parenting advice from a dope up (insert bad word here) that sends her child out to move a vechile. Then she proceed to want to kick my @ss. I told her I had already called the police & had no desire to engage in a fight while they were on there way & slammed the door in her face. So her & her friend take off, the police come & check on the kids....a 13 yr old, 7 yr old, 4yr old,a 18month old were left in the apt. They took the kids, but I'm not sure what happened with her since she left. I'll probably get jumped on my way out to my car or my car is tore apart....who knows.
I was so honked off about this last night that I ate everything in sight....5 pieces of pizza & 3 beers (yeah I know!)
So I'm off to Curves today (if the car is in 1 piece - haven't checked yet)
See you guys later!

beach bum 03-25-2006 09:44 AM

Good Saturday Morning Ladies:)

Oh!! What a week with driving around those rotiaries.Today & tomorrow will be our day of rest.

I'm going to the Christmas Tree Shop and buy some Easter Bunnies with chocolates for my grandkids,and than get some errands done.

W-I this morning I was surprised that I only went up 1 lb.Not going to change my siggy as I think it will be down tomorrow. Had to much Sodium again.Along with Cancer articles I read up on the Sodium and they say that you can't really lower the salt intake as the body needs it.
Really can't find a happy medium.
[The National Academy of Sciences indicates that the safe and adequate level for adults is approximately 1100-3300 mg of sodium daily.]

CATHY-Thanks:thanks:for starting us this quite weekend. It feels so good not too be driving anywhere. Happy your quitting,BE CARE of those ciggy,my dh smoked Kent lites[2 packs]that he gave up 12 years ago, and see what happened to him.That great a new stove ,we bought a flat top stove 8 years are and I :love: LOVE :love: it,its so easy to cleans and sometime I use it for an extra counter.

RUTH-Sorry:sorry: to hear about your friend John,send prayers for him & you.Thats a terrible desease,hope they will find a cure soon.

WANT-TO-BE-A BEACH-BABE-:welcome2: to this formut and the beach:beach: you'll love it here. We have wonderful caring ladies on this board.We're all in the same boat,rocking back & forth to get to the safety of the shores.

JANA- Have a fun time on your vacation. Enjoy the foods on the list and you'll do fine.

KIKO-Have a fun weekend,birthday partying and good luck in forcussing on the eatting wise.

PEARSHAPE-Don't be too hard on yourself. Maybe add bread/grain products once a day or every other day would do the trick.Phase 1 seems too harsh for me to do it over & over again. Try it and see if works.

SCHATZI- Have a wonderful weekend and have fun a curves.

SOON-HI :wave:Oh What neighbors,why did she take you parking space, we 're given in our the complex 2 spaces one for the owner and the other for company. Yikes:yikes: Don't let them spoil your weekend.

Hugs :) BB

batmomm2000 03-25-2006 09:50 AM

wow Soon, I wish I could help watch your back for you. Good for you parking spot aside, somebody needs to take a look at her

Glad your friend is coming home Ruth!

good for you Chipper-getting new appliances is fun! Esp whenyou're feeling better.

sorry to hear abou the "trainwreck" Kiko but glad to hear your review of Pump it Up, we've been meaning to check it out but it's a little far so we've been holding off. I think we'll go tomorrow!!

off to t-ball!! Have a nice weekend!

Barb0522 03-25-2006 01:24 PM

Hi, gals! I actually was done working last night just before midnight and then I got to sleep until 7. Wonderful!

DH told me last night that he was going to a Republican event this morning to decide on the state platform. I don't share his political beliefs but what really bothered me is that I wouldn't be able to make Powerflex since I'd have to watch Brian. And the next 4 Saturdays we have stuff going on so I wasn't going to make it anyway. I really wanted to workout today. :( Oh, well, Brian and I have been working on his project and in between breaks we have been exercising. He wants me to pick up another resistance band so we won't have to take turns and some lighter weights that he can use. So we are heading to the store after lunch. That should be fun at least.

want_it_bad 03-25-2006 01:58 PM

hello

:dance: good afternoon ladies looks like everyone is doing well
well today is day#3 :carrot: so far so good i was so proud of me last night my sister came back from the store with all that chocolet and i didn't eat a drop even with her waving it under my nose i weigh this morning and im almost down 2 pounds i know thats water weight but it sure does feel good to see those numbers go down not going to change my ticker yet i went to some yard sells this morning and gess what i got...i bough a treedmill ,exer bicycle and a ski mac all for 30$ there old but they work great now i have no excuess to walk oh oh now i know what motivats me to lose weight i went in "the crate " today and they have the cutes summer close there and darn it im going to wear some of them this summer i am i am I AM the 1st 10 pounds i lose my hubby is going to pay for 2 months of tanning so ill be tan in my cute new skinnyer close well i gess i need to hush hope you all have a really good weekend:crazy: