South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 10:53 PM   #1  
Pirate

Default Yo-Yo South Beach?

I remember a while back reading an article about yo-yo'ing on and off South Beach and how it can affect how successful Phase I is. Is there any truth to this that people know of? I am wondering because of all the other times I have tried and failed to stay on Phase I, sometimes even going 3 days and then quitting only to start 3 days later (pretty recently too, probably about 3 weeks ago I did this.. heh..). Does this affect how effective Phase I and South Beach overall will be? Just curious! I want to make this as successful as I can in the two months I have left till' graduation!
Old 03-23-2006, 11:17 PM   #2  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

I think your initial weightloss (the water weight) will be less if you keep re-starting phase 1. But if you are using phase 1 to help rid yourself of the cravings rather than just a big weight drop, I think it will continue to be effective. I also don't think it will make your overall weightloss any different.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:13 AM   #3  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Great response, Batmomm!

Exactly...as long as you do P1 long enough to get rid of your cravings, it'll always do that just fine, no matter how many times you do it. But if you are using it to lose weight, it will help you lose less and less over time until it's actually less helpful than P2.

Just use it for what it's meant...to help you get rid of cravings and set you up for success in P2. If you find you can't make it through two weeks (though I think we can all do anything for 2 weeks! Think of Sandi's sig: "If you want something, you'll find a way, if you don't, you'll find an excuse." I find it to be so true!), just do it until your cravings are gone and move on to P2. It's better to do that than to throw in the towel entirely.

And remember...success is just getting back up one more time after you fall. We all fall...it's a human thing...getting back up and trying again is how we make it to goal.
Closed Thread