South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 03:20 PM   #1  

Default your inspiration

I just had a moment. I always hear about people having them, and I thought I had them all the time, where I would just be do disgusted with myself. But I just left the bathroom and just sort of glimpsed at myself in the mirror...and I looked like a square. I turned to the side...and my shirt was going over my belly and then hung straight down like it does on a man with a big beer gut. And instead of wanting to eat and bury my troubles I became so determined. I'm doing this, and I'm not stopping until I'm back where I was 2 years ago. It was like an "ah-ha" moment. Usually people have them and then they start dieting, I think it's funny that it happened while I was dieting.
So what were your ah-ha moment? What inspired you to take this journey?
Old 03-17-2006, 03:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Well, not being able to find scrubs for my job really hit it home for me...I mean, I've always been overweight, but this is the hardest I've EVER tried at this. Also, the thought of not wanting to be a fat bride, when my boyfriend and I get married...the thought disgusted me to no end.

Andrew (my b/f) battled with his own weight problems before I met him. He was around 380 pounds, and he's managed to get down to 220 as of right now...and he's quite buff now, I might add! He inspires me on a daily basis. He never pressured me to lose weight, but he's one of the people I'm doing it for...well, not really FOR him, but for OUR future together.
Old 03-17-2006, 04:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 198/184.5/125

For me it was the fact that I have everything I ever imagined I might want - DH, DD, great job - but I was still unhappy. When I first met DH, I weighed about 125lbs and was the happiest I had ever been. I was in control of my life, looked good and felt good. As soon as I met him, I started eating like him. DH is 6'3" and skinny but can eat anything his heart desires. I immediately started gaining weight - with each lb I gained, the unhappier I got and the more I ate. I tried to go on diets but I was so depressed that I would give up before making any progress. 6 months later, I would realize that I was much heavier than before!! I missed not wanting my picture taken - we haven't even had one family pic taken since DD was born 20 mo ago. I missed going out dancing. I missed enjoying clothes shopping. I decided that I would much rather look good (feel good inside) than eat potatoes or ice cream. I still have a long way to go to reach my goal - but every day that I'm successful, I know that I've taken control of myself again. I know some day soon I'm going to want to go shopping for clothes, get dressed up and go dancing. I will get that family picture taken one of these days. One day I WILL wake up and step on the scales and won't have to calculate how many more lbs to go. I'm doing this so that I can say with confidence that my happiest days aren't behind me - they are in the near future!!!!
Old 03-17-2006, 04:05 PM   #4  

K:
Oh wow, I would have been mortified! Kudos to you though...the more the think about it the more daunting it seems to lose half of one's body weight. And you've come so far already: impressive!
Closed Thread