Protein powder?

• I don't recall coming across anyone talking about protein powder so I'm wondering if that's allowed. It's not a staple for me, just an occasional supplement. The one I have has 1 gram of sugar, 1 gr of fat, 3 carbs and 24 gr protein. Each scoop has 120 calories so I usually have it with water or sometimes skim milk if I need the dairy. Any info?
  • Muffin, based on what you've provided, it looks okay for SB.... Check the Dairy list in the Phase 1/2 list for any limits on milk.
  • And check out the recipe section for protein shakes.
  • Hi Muffin. I think several of us on SB use protein poweders.

I looked at several and then finally went to my local health food store and was able to find a sugar free whey based protein powder that has no fat in it. It is really quite tasty and mixes well with everything. It only has 80 calories a scoop and 20g of protein.

Took me a long time to find it but I am so glad I kept looking until I did. I have a hard time getting enough protein as I don't really care for a lot of meat. And I seem to stall if I eat very much cheese so it works out great for me.
  • Thanks everyone! I like what I'm using but what you use Sheba sounds good (low cal)...I'll have to keep shopping around.
  • Actually,, I found one at Super Wal-Mart! But stick to vanilla and chocolate if you're on P1, the strawberry may have beet powder in it.
    Try mixing sugar free vanilla protein powder with yogurt - mmmm.
    I posted a protein powder pancake in the recipe section awhile ago, came off a bodybuilder's site somewhere.
  • Are these protien powder things a substitute for a meal? I am just curious, I have never used a powder before but if it makes breakfast easier, I may start! The yogurt idea sounds quick and easy.
  • Certainly! A protein shake can be used as a meal. Just remember that you also need veggies for both fibre and other nutrients.