Wonderful Wednesday on the Beach 3/15

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • CACKLEDOOOODLE DEEEE DO DO !!!! Time to get up and conquer the day chickadees!....

Got to let the girls out and get a cup of cawfeeeeeee!

I'll be back in a min to catch up on yesterday's chat
  • I Need A New Computer!!!
  • Poor Freaky! Maybe the Easter Bunny will bring you a PC.

Schatzi, pass a coffee this way, please. It's much needed this morning. I had a horrible nightmare last night and woke at three with my heart really pounding. I hate when that happens! I did get back to sleep but can still remember the damned dream. It may have been a carb overload punishment - hot cross buns!

The Girls (mainly Lucy) are hollering and it snowed last night! So much for spring! Never mind - the sun will melt it when it shows.

Back later.
  • Good Morning Girls!

Freaky ~ I hope Ruth is right, and the Easter Bunny does bring you a new computer!

Schatzi ~ While your passing coffee up North, can you spare some for me? I'm running on fast-track today, and can sure use it!

Ruth ~ That's an awful way to wake up! I do hope you have a pleasant day today. We're expecting snow overnight Thursday into Friday, so we're not out of the woods yet, either!

I'd better leave now if I want to do Curves, and I have to get gas before I get the girls. See ya later!
  • Here ya go Ruth! a cyber cup just fer you! Aw , I hate nightmares.. no doubt as you get on with your busybee day you will put it behind you !

Freaky:
    When my puter goes on the blink I'm sooo lost! DH and my laptops are always up !

Cottage --- GO MY FELLOW CURVEYCHICK!!!!!!!!!

Soon: DAHLINK THIS IS FANTABULOUS NEWS!!!! Ah the Greeeatttt Schatzarina had predicted you were headed up that corporate ladder! U GO GIRL

Hoosier: 1 More day to go!!! Stick with it Chick
    BAtmom: Congrats to DS on his Green belt! I loved that line about WWwheat thins ingredients taking away the OP ness!

Weezie: Those pics were just awful! It looks like Springfields mayor is on top of things..saw him on the news last night making a case for federal aid...so lets hope that Springfield recovers quickly and will be better than before!

RNMOM: CODE BLUE CODE BLUE!!! WE ARE MISSING YOU!!!! NO NEW ER Stories???? Today is the 22nd bday of a baby me and my crew delivered in a Grocery store parking lot in the middle of the night in a blizzard.. baby was premature and it was touch and go -- but leetle Donna made it... Okay that's my EMT story so now it is your turn!!!

I finally broke down and bought Fitday PC..part of my reluctance was all the custom stuff I built in the free version--yesterday I had half our groceries out logging the cals/carbs etc info into the software! DH thought I was Nuts and I bought Leslie Sansones Walk away the pounds ... I have a big collection of VCR exercise tapes.. so now I gotta rebuild it with DVDs... oh. last night I made Beachgals recipe for Balsamic and mustard Green beans -- ABC DEeeelicious! Tonight I a making DH Chicken Man, Chicken Cordon Bleu... but I think I'm going to make the Chicken Florentine for meeeeee, .....
    Have a GREAT OP DAY GALS!!!!
  • Mornin' all. Just a couple quick notes and then off to Curves. After I get to work I'll get some It's kind of a morning routine now - get to work, read email, grab coffee & sit in the boss' office for a few to talk about 24 or American Idol. It's a great way to start the day, unless we had problems with jobs that processed overnight - then it's a whole other story.

Freaky - Sorry to hear about your PC problems. I finally had to suck it up and buy a new one about 6 mo ago. Haven't regretted it, even though shelling out the money for it really hurt. My problem these days is the response time from my ISP. It's....like....William....Shatner....playing..... James......
    T..Kirk .....invaded.....my......computer. Some days it takes forever to get from screen to screen.

Ruth - Geez. I hate nightmares! I'm one of those people who don't remember a lot of their dreams, so when I have a bad one, it really sticks in my mind for a while. Hope you have a better day!

Cottage - Hope you don't get too much snow. I'll be joining you at Curves shortly.

Schatzi - Whoa! I missed the story about delivering the baby in the parking lot. I'm sure you won't forget that one anytime soon.

Better scoot. Everyone have a great day!
  • Good Morning
    Wow is it busy in here already this morning. I am so thankful for all of your energy. I have not been feeling well for over a week and this mroning feeling really aweful but you guys really cheer me up. Thank You! Well I broke down and call my doctor yesterday. He couldn't see me as he is booked all week and going out of town next week. But he called me in a script. I never thought he would do that without seeing me (because of my heart condition) but he did. I am feeling a little better today but more run down then yesterday. SO hopefully after american idol tonight I can go to sleep.
    I ate really bad last ngiht. My mom's brithday and I had to cook. I exercised this morning and added weights to increase my workouts so hopefully that will conqer the calories eaten last ngiht. I did not feel like working out at all this morning but I did it. I am so happy when I conqer these little battles in my life.
    Ruth- I had a weird dream last night too. Mine wasn't bad though. It did make me realize i really love my husband and am still in love with him. So that was a good dream I guess but weird. It was about an old boyfriend/best friend. We have been friends for years but I have always really loved him but not in love with him. But in my dream he feel in love with me AFTER I lost all my weight and in the end I went to my husband and blew my friend off. The dream made me sad and happy- weird dreams! I ate carbs last night I wonder if that is what did it.
    WEll have to run, Have a great OP day everyone.
    Soon I have been meaning to tell you, I am an avon lady now too. I just started selling avon, maybe you can give me pointers. IT is a lot of un.
  • Good Morning everybody!!

Freaky: So sorry to hear about your PC, whenever I have those kind of problems I feel like I am missing out on the world. Hang in there!

Ruth- Have a great day and sorry about the nightmares. I hate them.

Cottage & Jana- Good job at keeping up on those workouts, I hope to have your willpower today.

Schatzi-Let me know about that Fitday PC, I have never heard of that. I must be out of the loop.

Everyone- Thanks for your continuing support and have an awesome day!

My scale at home is broken and I have no idea if I am up or down? I feel like I am down so hopefully I am. I have been so busy at work and so tired lately that I haven't had a minute to check in. I started my weekend of Thursday night so I had a ton of fun. I did do ok for the most part but at the bar I did have some sugary shots. I met a guy this weekend through a mutual friend and he seems super, super nice so that was pretty exciting. The weather here was so nice on Monday people were walking around in tank tops, and today it is freezing again. That's the North for you! I saw that Dunkin Donuts has a new coffee here that they put an extra shot of expresso in, and I really could use that, I think I will get it tomorrow morning. Going to Curves on my lunch break (hopefully), and I think I talked my Aunt into signing up. Yea!!

Hope everyone has a great, OP day.
  • Wow lots of posts......
    I'm very tired this morning...didn't sleep very well. Sister called me last night to tell me that her & dad had dinner (I haven't spoken with my dad for 3 weeks - which in my family is a HUGE deal.) Dad told her that she would give her $1500 for her wedding (hmm, hello I'm getting married too! & Unlike my bum of a sister, I work 40-50 hours a week.) He said he couldn't pay for it all because his "friend" Dreama and him are planning a trip out west. (Ok, hello again, I've lived up here for 2 years & you haven't visited me once!) OH and he plans to sell the house & MOVE IN WITH HER. For someone who is 62 years old, you would think he would have a better head on his shoulders. I feel like our parent/child relationship has flipped sides. I started eating ice cream last night....DF was brave enough to take it away from me....so I only ate about 4 spoons full (I did have the entire container on my lap!)
    CRAP ....late for work....see ya
  • Bella: here is the link for the free version: www.fitday.com
    It's a great tool in helping to determine the % of carbs/fats/proteins you eat-very eye opening to aid in educating yourself on how much of this or that you eat. For example, it really opened my eyes on how much Sat Fat I was eating In addition, it provides a baseline for how many calories you need to maintain your current state, and how many calories you are burning. (There is a feature to log your activities) .I hit a weightloss wall, and upon examining Fitday, I saw that I was taking in way to many calories - although I was eating SB way-- I suffer from Portion Distortion and was consuming tooo much of a good thing.. I also was taking in alot of sodium and not enough Potassium.. Not enough water--etc
    At any rate, like anything worthwhile, it takes some effort and time to log - but for me it has been an invaluable tool. The Free version is wonderful, but since I am really using it alot, I wanted more features that are available through the retail version...so I bought it fer 20 bucks

Soon: Darlin' for now, FOCUS on you ! your career, your engagement and what you want in your life..
  • Good morning everyone!

Freaky - I hate computer problems! I know I'm going to be needing a new one at home very soon, I just hate to shell out the money.

Schatzi - That's a crazy story about delivering the baby, glad the baby made out ok though. I need to get back to using fitday, I've used it before but I got lazy and stopped.

Mama - I'm sorry to hear you're still feeling bad. It sounds like you need several good nights of rest, your body needs it to fight off whatever you have. Hope you start feeling better real soon.

Bella - I hear you on the weather, it was 83 degrees here on Monday and today it's going to be barely in the 40's with a lot of wind.

Soon - I'm sorry about the situation with your dad. I don't have much of a relationship with my dad, never have and it's been very hard to accept that he doesn't want that kind of father/daughter relationship with me. But I've come to terms with it, not that it doesn't bother me from time to time. I know after Mom died, I struggled with it because I felt so alone, kind of like an orphan I guess. Maybe you could talk with your father?

As for me, I was completely OP yesterday and I exercised so I'm happy about that. I've changed my schedule around so I can devote my afternoons for exercise because I'm not a morning person and I just can't bring myself to get up at 5am in order to exercise and I don't have time in the evenings so afternoons are what work for me.

The kids had lacrosse practice last night. I have to admit that I hate the girls practice, the girls are so catty and at one another and the parents aren't much better. Our head coach for the girls is worse than any of the 12 yr olds, I don't think she's left the high school mentality behind. She's a good coach in that she knows the game but she's very clicky. The boys are so not like that and all of us parents get along wonderfully. I spend the majority of my time at the girls practice because Abby is there and it's her first year so she's been nervous and doesn't want me to leave. I just end up keeping to myself most of the time. It's just a stressful environment .

I finished our taxes last night, we're getting a refund from federal and we owe the state $179 so at least that's done and off my shoulders.

Tonight we are cleaning our house, it's looking like a pig sty which stresses me out so I need to do something about it!

Have a great OP day! I'll be checking in later, I have no work to do here at work which drives me crazy since I have so much I could be doing at home!

Tyra
  • Good Morning!
    My morning didn't start out very well. It must have been the full moon or something, cause I had a weird dream too. Only someone made me VERY angry in my dream and so when I woke up I was still mad. Then my little boy decided he didn't want to cooperate, so it was a big hassle getting him off to school. Grrrrr....

Then I stepped on the scale. Down another pound! That cheered me up! I'm still not awake, but I'm sure happier.

Schatzi: Pass the coffee this way!

Freaky: Sorry about your comp problems. My comp's got a mind of it's own sometimes and it's sure no fun.

Ruth: I miss spring. We had about 3 days of spring and now it's freezing again. Just doesn't seem fair does it?

Cottage, Jana and Bella: Have fun at curves!

Mama: Don't worry too much about dieting right now. You just focus on you and getting healthy. You sure don't need the added stress of worrying about staying OP.

Soon: Sorry about the family problems. You know, my dad went a little nuts once my brother and I both "grew up." It's like now that they don't have kids at home they can go wild and act like teenagers again. Silly parents.

3 darlings: Great job staying OP! And just remember, cleaning house can be a great workout!

Well, I'm going to go walk away some pounds, then it's laundry time. (oh boy)

Toodles!
  • Good morning chickies! What a night for everyone - broken computers, broken scales, bad dreams, lots of us sick.

My night last night wasn't too bad - but DD is coming down with a cold again! She curled up on my lap and just layed there forever last night! She has asthma so when she gets sick - it's no fun.

I hope everyone has a great day. Talk to you soon.
  • Good morning everyone! Doing fine today. I didn't get up and get on the treadmill, not really sure why, so I'll get on it as soon as I get home from work before my boyfriend and I go out for our anniversary dinner. I also weighed myself this morning, 3.4 pounds heavier than I thought I was. I had a moment of panic, thinking I'm never going to lose this weight, but I'm kinda calm now. Pretty much. Anyway, last night I made 2 recipes from the board: peanut chicken satay and black bean brownies. Loved the sauce for the chicken, it was quite tasty. The black bean brownies were odd: the first one I had was kinda tasteless, but this morning I had one and it tasted like chocolate. I think my tastebuds are craving carbs so much that they're just super sensitive. Who knows. I brought one for the afternoon and the inevitable chocolate craving. But I am absolutely terrified that things like those brownies are going to keep me from losing weight. How many is alright to have in a day? I cut the pan into 9 brownies. Oh yea, I also made marinated cucumbers from the board as well, which leads me to 2 questions. Two things that are called for in phase one recipes have added sugar/corn syrup: rice wine vinegar and fat free half and half. Are they still okay to have? Also, does anyone have any suggestions for mild vegetables to have in the morning? I will never tire of eggs, but peppers and asparagus are a little stomach turning at breakfast time. Are those stuffed mushrooms okay? It makes me wish I liked V8...maybe I'd like it if it were warm, like soup? I s'pose I can try.
    And, BTW, I love the anagram SBD since it has a double meaning, espescially considering the amount of veggies and legumes consumed. No more broccoli for me!
  • Hiya
    It's a morning post!!!!! Helps to be to work at 0'dark-thirty! 4 inches of snow overnight. Had to put the trunk in 4 wheel drive thingy to get up the hill. It's beautiful weather.........for December!

So, not much going on here. No good ER stories recently either. Just run of the mill boring, sometimes boring is good. Oh, the code button was pushed last week and I went tearing to the area..........."oops nevermind it was an accident"..........

OK you weird dreaming girls.....that's enough. Go to your happy place....with Ruth's latest fixer up guy............isn't that better?

Schatzi, I'll try to come up with something interesting today to share with ya. Cool about the birthday of your "OB experience". A couple of years ago a nurse and I delievered a baby in a car in the parking lot. That was a real rush.. Pretty unforgettable.

Ruth, do the doggies enjoy the snow?

I don't have any cawfee, but I'd send anyone all the snow they wanted.

Hoosier... a pound is a pound!!!

darlingmamma....congrats on being OP, I'm an afternoon exerciser too.

soon2B...sorry about the parent thing...it would be difficult

cottage...have fun at curves

freaky ...computer vibes your way.....

JanaM....sounds like a good routine, I've never watched 24 or Idol. Maybe I need a live.

Well, I gotta go push some drugs. Hi everyone! Have a beachy day!!!!!