3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   The Weekend Chatter - March 11 & 12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/78578-weekend-chatter-march-11-12-a.html)

Barb0522 03-11-2006 01:13 AM

The Weekend Chatter - March 11 & 12

I might as well start this since I'm waiting in Helpdesk **** right now. I reset my password on 15 servers the other day and forgot to synch up 1 domain password. So tonight I entered the new password three times and locked up the account. I call the helpdesk that should handle it (India) they route me to second level (Brazil) who tries to send me to another helpdesk with a routing sequence that doesn't include this type of reset and tried to send me to the system administrator who is the one who told me to call the first helpdesk! I just want to check out my servers and go to bed. I never had this problem when the helpdesk was here! Ok, he just gave me the pager of a U.S. guy and he's going to do the reset. I may get to bed yet!

Oh, someone asked about the scallop linguini recipe so I posted it in phase 2 entrees. I was really good. I added half a bag of spinach to the original recipe and think I'll try a whole bag next time.

Barb0522 03-11-2006 01:42 AM

Password is reset, servers are verified and I'm heading to bed! Talk to y'all tomorrow. :)

Maureennn 03-11-2006 06:50 AM

Happy weekend everyone! I have the whole weekend off (rare for me), so I'm going to the farmer's market this morning to get all kinds of healthy veggies. I need to get back ON PLAN. I have not only been eating poorly but have not exercised at all. Thus I had to move my ticker to the left!! horror of horrors.

But when I have lots of veggies around, especially when I prepare them before I need them, I do well on plan. It's reassuring to read this board and see that others do stuff like eat lemon cake (:) ) and then just get back on plan without beating themselves up. If I keep up with the cravings I'll have to go back to Phase I.

Beach I'm glad your dh is doing better. You are lucky to be in the Boston area. Brigham Womens saved my mother's life (literally) after a very severe heart attack 20 years ago. She and my dad just got back from a cruise two days ago!:hug:

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!:cool:

pearshape 03-11-2006 07:07 AM

Good morning, Barb and Maureen. I'm so happy. My house is all nice and clean. I did a spring cleaning yesterday. Threw out a bunch of stuff and cleaned things like windows and blinds. Now all I have to do today is spiff up the bathroom and do some laundry. I plan on working on a take home exam for a few hours today also. My bf's plane gets in at 5 so I have all day to futz around.

Tomorrow night I'm having friends over for dinner and am making all OP food. I'm making a baked ziti with soy sausage, roasted cauliflower with olive oil and pine nuts, and steamed broccoli. I'm not sure what to do about bread. I'm sure they'll want some but I couldn't find any ww stuff to serve. I may take a trip to Kroger and see what they have there.

Well, have a wonderful weekend, chickies!

Kelly J 03-11-2006 08:31 AM

Morning Chicks! It looks like it's going to be a beautiful day here in my little corner of the world. Going to run some errands this morning, then hopefully enjoy the rest of the day. I think cleaning can wait until tomorrow when it's suposed to be raining.

Barb - I hope you're getting a chance to sleep in right now.
Maureen - Have a great time at the farmers market. I can't wait for ours to start opening up.
Pearshape - Have a great weekend and enjoy your dinner!

mamahulk 03-11-2006 08:31 AM

Good Morning

Sounds like the weekend plans are in full force. My husband was off last night which is very rare. We took the boys to see Shaggy Dog. That was a cutier movie then I had antipicated. ALso it is 8:30 and they are still alseep. Not sure how with all my coughing. I still don't feel well but dh has been helping with the kids so that is great. I wish I could knock this cold I have so much I need to do around the house. Chris is off tomorrow not sure what we will do yet. Hopefully take the kids to see Curious George. Don't tell the kids but I really want to see that. I loved Curious George when I was little.
Still on plan, cheated a little last night but will get right back on plan today. Finally lost the 2 lbs I have been loosing and gaining for a month. Want to keep going this time. WEll all hope you have a great weekend.

Schatzi 03-11-2006 09:09 AM

Ahhhhh it's a loverly Spring Morn!!!!! sooo Many posts to catch up on..

lets see First :hug: :cp: to BB and DH! Sooooo Glad DH is going to be okay darlin!

Barb: Thanks fer startin us up! You're probably sleeping soundly right now! grrrr outsourcing..I've had nothin but aggggggrivation with it! :tantrum:

Crocky:
How ja do on that Math exam??? :write:

Maureen: :Welcome3: to the daily Chick Chat :gossip:

Pearseydew:
Dinner sounds ABCDElish!! :chef: Hoping you and DBF have a wonderful time reconnecting!! (:wave: :mouse: Theo/Wallace/Cecil/Percy and Alfredoooo)

Kelly:
Enjoy!!!

Mamahulk:
:cp: on your 2 pound loss!! :bravo:
Sarah is off hugging trees...and Ckb is off to the races!!!! :bike:
Hoosiermom: hope you had a loverly anniversary
Weezie: good luck on interviewing at Motherhood.. I know something will come thru for ya!!! :crossed:

:welcome3: ScrappinRn!!

Lindy, Soon, Cottage.. Well I'm now a Curvy Chick tooo! I went to my first workout this morning and loved it!!!! I opted for month to month to see if my enthusiam continues.. The ladies were all very helpful no pelvic thrusters in the bunch soon :lol3: or Tongue lady!! Soon..have you put your Avon books in Curve or area hair salons? Just a thought...

a BIG :wave: to all you other BOOOODACIOUS CHICKAS!!! :chicken:HERE's TO AN OP KINDA DAY!!!! :hat:

Ok gals.. CAWFEEEE IS A BREWIN :coffee: and It's time to get out in the dirt and play! :flow1: :flow2:

Have a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MsCrockett 03-11-2006 09:25 AM

Well last night I went to a banquet, for the National Wild Turkey Federation, Women in the Outdoors, $20 per plate, and $25 for your yearly subscription to Women in the Outdoors (WITO) by joinin at there banquet, that gives you what they call an early bird, which they give you $75 free of raffle tickets, I won two things, A Mallard duck figure, and a candle holder, I stayed OP had Green Beans and Salad,, and drank water,, even though there was a bar there, and I was surrounded by beer drinkers.. ... It was a fun night though. Alot of my friends were there, just chatted the entire night........

I passed my math test,,, not sure what with ,, just know I gotta thumbs up from the teacher,,,, shewwwwwwwwww....... :carrot: :carrot:

Take Care All

HoosierMom 03-11-2006 09:26 AM

I was naughty

Ok, I was bad last night with dinner, but not as bad as I could have been. We went to Golden Corral convinced that we could stay OP at a buffet. I was good for the most part, but I did have one of their yummy rolls that was placed in front of my face. And to make matters worse, I smothered it in the honey spread. YUM YUM! :devil: I figured it was a special occasion and if it messed me up too much, I'd just stay on phase one a little longer.

Well, expecting a turn in the wrong direction, I stepped on the scale and LOST ANOTHER POUND! :carrot: I'm so happy!!!

All y'all with beautiful spring weather, enjoy it. It's pouring down rain with the occasional t-storm here. :rain: I'm just waiting for the house to lift off of it's foundation and float away. I should be working out today. I kind of blew it off the last couple of days. Just didn't have the energy. But now it's all dark and dreary. Great weather to just curl up under a blanket and read.

Toodles everyone!

batmomm2000 03-11-2006 09:42 AM

morning grils!! yesterday was soo beautiful and I got to wear shorts all day-glorious!

Today's supposed to be nice too and we've got to go to my 5 yr old first t-ball clinic and from there rush over to his tae kwon do green belt test, phew then we can just chill out and enjoy the day..

My personal trainer is insane and now i was like I've been riding a horse for week, lol

Countess 03-11-2006 10:04 AM

Good Morning Beachies!!!

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Saturday I'm working most of the day but going out to an all you can eat crab leg dinner with my hubby and a big group of friends. I will eat the salad and crablegs, pass on the potato and bread.

Sunday is a day for my hubby. He has been wanting to go and watch a Civil War reinactment since we moved to the states and for one reason or another we haven't been able to go. There is one about an hour up the coast from us and we are planning to go.

I'm still staying off the scales until Monday but I don't feel like I've lost. I think I added too much fruit and grain back into my diet too quickly. I tried to go back to almost the levels I was at before I fell off the wagon after Thanskgiving....HUGE mistake, I'm just not sure how to correct it? I'm going to try just one grain and one fruit a day for a week and see how that goes.

Broomy 03-11-2006 10:35 AM

Morning Girls

Well the predicted snow never came during the night:( . Looked out at the deck through the pounding rain this morning and it was covered in slush I was sort of hoping for a dusting of snow; we don't get to see that kind of thing very often in California and snow to us is kinda pretty. Guess, I will just clean the house it is so nasty out. Probably will run over to Curves after breakfast though...been bad and only gone once this week. Then I'd love to hop a tanning bed and get toasty.

Barb-Don't ya just love tech support?? Hope you're getting some good sleep now.

Maureen-I love going to the farmers market every Saturday. I almost bet ours is closed today:( though with this cold nasty rain.

Pear-I'm envious that you got a spring cleaning in..I'm lucky just to get my weekly once over in. Keep saying I'm going to tackle my linen closet so the towels aren't all bungled up:lol: Have a great visit with DBF.

Schatzi-Glad you liked Curves. Have fun gardening. I have weeds that need pulling...maybe I'll luck out and this rain will stop tomorrow??

Bat-Sore legs? Been there where you have the class or training session from ****. It doesn't feel like it now but, it'll be worth it in the end.

Big Hi and Happy Saturday to everyone else!!

Off to fix breakfast.

Sue:)

weezle 03-11-2006 12:01 PM

Good morning everyone! I slept in until 10 today! WOO HOO! I'm feeling really good, too. Today is going to be a hard day because I'm going to lunch with my friend Abdul who's in town this weekend and there's not much there that I can eat and be healthy. I'm going to see if he'll split my tater tots with me or something. Grilled cheese is about the healthiest thing they have there. Then after lunch I'm going to a party that's going to have sweets and cheese trays. They're having a chocolate fountain (I gave up chocolate for lent) and all kinds of yummy treats, and the cheese tray is my nemesis. Hopefully they have a veggie tray too, otherwise I don't know what I'm going to do. Ugh. I'M NEVER GOING TO LOSE ANY MORE WEIGHT!

After the party, I'm going to come home and work out. I'm hoping the severe storms that we're supposed to have don't come through here. It's supposed to be 74 today. I would LOVE to go running. I just don't think it's going to happen though.

Well, not much to report over here. I need to get ready to go so I can go tanning and meet Abdul for lunch. Talk to you all soon!

Lisa

Muffin02 03-11-2006 12:18 PM

Hi Everyone! It's a gorgeous, mild day here in CT. I did an early workout (The Firm's Jiggle Free Arms and Jiggle Free Buns)...and soon the kids and I plan a walk, probably by the beach.

Sat. nights my DH cooks for us...we send the kids to their room with their snacks and we have a nice dinner and watch a movie. Not sure what he's making for tonight yet but it's usually some fish or beef, or something that I can work with phase 2.

Have a great day all!

Debbie0522 03-11-2006 12:31 PM

Hi Everyone. We went to Don Pablos last night. All 6 of us. It was really fun. My 2.5 year old kept hugging my neck and you could just tell she was so happy! (We don't get out much! LOL!)
I got chicken fajitas, did not eat the rice, and only ate one tortilla but lots of guac, beans, cheese, chips and salsa and chicken. SO GOOD. Then I helped eat the Chocolate volcano cake for my sons b-day! I have got to be really good now for awhile.
I had eggs for breakfast and I'm going to have grilled chicken and roasted vegetables for dinner.
I have been doing laundry and cleaning and hope to scrapbook later when I get enough stuff cleaned up. It is rainy and grey here. My hubby is out running errands and I'll enjoy having him around later.
Both boys will be gone this evening so we'll only have the little girls. I rented a movie for us called Flightplan with Jody Foster. There are lots of movies I want to see. I never saw the 2nd Zorro movie and I LOVED the first one. We also got a movie called Radio with Cuba Gooding Jr. that is supposed to be really good.
Tomorrow is church and then work at the Y until 4:00.

Muffin02 03-11-2006 12:39 PM

Debbie,
Radio is an awesome movie! We have Zorro 2 for tonight...but we didn't see the 1st. Last night we watched Yours, Mine and Ours with the kids.

Have fun scrappin'....I scrap too but it's too nice here today to do it!

3darlingsmomma 03-11-2006 12:46 PM

Hi everyone!

I had a busy Friday so I wasn't able to get online. I am officially done with our Girl Scout cookie sales :cb:
, I feel as if this big lift has been taken off my shoulders. All our money worked out to the penny and all is deposited in the correct accounts.

Ally's ankle is doing much better. She's wearing a brace and can walk without crutches, slowly but she's not ready for running yet.

I made the crock pot chili this morning with ground elk meat and I just ate 2 bowls for lunch. It is so good, I had to make a double batch because Ally loves it too.

We're getting together with friends tonight for dinner so I know I won't be on plan, I'm just going to eat small portions of whatever she serves. She asked me to make brownies which I did, not sure if I'll be able to turn them down or not, lol.

My son has a sleepover party to go to tonight, he's a bit nervous, he's not used to being away from home much. So I told him that we'll just pack his stuff in case he decides to stay but if he wants to come home later, I'll come get him. I think he'll be fine because all his buddies are going too and once they start having fun, he'll forget about missing home.

Not much else to report. The weather is beautiful here, I'm going for my walk in a little while, I need to let the chili digest first!

The scale is not budging, not sure what's going on, I'm wondering if some days I'm not eating enough because some days I don't even want to eat that much.

Tomorrow is another busy day. Abby, my youngest daughter, has Girl Scout Sunday at church so she's got to sing and then we're putting on a coffee hour afterwards. I doubt I'll be online until Monday when I'm back to work.

Have a great weekend!

Tyra

pearshape 03-11-2006 02:19 PM

Hey chicks! Just checking in to take a break from laundry. For b'fast I had scrambled eggs with lots of spinach and zucchini. I topped it off with salsa and monterrey jack cheese. Yummy! I had a light lunch of yogurt, 1/2 apple, 1/2 C grapes, and flaxseed. And I've already had 4 glasses of water...may not be much but it's better than I've been doing. My bf gets here in 3 hours! I can't wait.

KellyJ: It rained here all morning but the sun is finallly out. I agree that cleaning is best done when its rainy...then curl up with a book and some tea in a nice clean house ;) !

mamahulk: congrats on the 2#!! I hate it when they're stubborn like that! But at least you won this time! :D

Schatzi: I changed my avatar just for you. Cecil is getting so big now, he's still gentle and sweet but the other day I caught him taking a bite out of his brothers ear hehe!! He's learning!! Have a fabulous weekend. How's you're man chicken doin'?

Congrats on passing the math test, Crockett! That's soo hard, I know. I think it was you who asked a while ago about spices to liven up brown rice. I make mine in 1/2 water 1/2 chicken stock. Some people use all chicken stock. You can even throw in a dollop of smart balance for some buttery flavor. Just stir when it melts.

HoosierMom: Being a little bad at a buffet is a huge acomplishement. I lose all willpower and just pig out. So I stay away...mostly! :lol:

batmom: have a fabulous weekend with you're fabulous weather! :)

Broomy: That's too bad about the snow. I love snow and this winter has been a dissapointment. When I moved back to So. CA in December I'm going to really miss it!

weezle: I have an ex named Abdul and just hearing that name gives me the willys! He is a real jerk who put me through ****. But I'm sure you're friend is a great guy. Just the association with that name :dizzy: .... Have a great day!

muffin: have a fabulous weekend!

3darlings: I went through my own battle with the scale the last few weeks. it will move, just give it time. Stubborn things they are.....:devil: !

RNMOM 03-11-2006 03:43 PM

Hiya

:wave: :wave: Just a quick drop in to change my ticker and say hi. Did a quick read and just wanted to wave hi!
It's my weekend to work in the ER and it's fairy busy! Will check back later!

Kiko 03-11-2006 04:06 PM

Hey there, hi there!

Beautiful day here in Texas, DD is out in the backyard loving the sunshine- thought I would hop on real quick and see what everyone is up to this weekend. Not much here- just the way I like it. :lol:

DH had a make-up dance class today, quick trip to the grocery store, and home for the baby's nap. I have gotten her a bit of her schedule this past week, so she is pooped! We are heading to my mom's for dinner- she is doing Weight Watchers. so it will be an all OP dinner for me.

Tomorrow DH is off for our daughter's baptism. Her doctor's appt went great yesterday. She is up to 17 lbs and is as healthy as can be. :) Her weight is in the 25%- the nurse said she is just naturally petite. More power to her! I would be thrilled for her if she never had to worry about her weight. :)

Okay- DD is yelling from outside- back to soak up some sun. :sunny:

RNMOM 03-11-2006 05:56 PM

Schatzi my dear..........

Just wondering if you couldn't please give us all a dose of humor.............like a repeat of when your little neighbor girl walked in on you whilst you were weighing yerself nekked................??????????????? I was sitting here at work and that whole post came into my head and I started just laughing. (my co-workers think I'm looney) Anyhoo, there's so many new faces and they really need a dose of your humorousness........! Oh, I've getting funny looks again from co-workers cause I have got another case of the giggles just thinking about it:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

mamahulk 03-11-2006 06:20 PM

Hi everyone

Do the terrible 2's ever end. I think even my 6 year old is suffering from terrible 2's. Everything I have asked all 3 of them to do today has been a war. Believe it or not they are fighting over the vaccum cleaner. Yes I am glad to have help but is it worth it when I have to referre in the middle of a running cleaner? My goodness I never knew vaccumming was so exctiting and worth getting in timeout over. Yup here we go again- you meanie, I'm goona tell on you. My 6 year old just came out of the small bathroom and said this is my lucky day, I just caught 2 bugs behind the toliet! Wow that is so exciting!
Glad I had a decent day so far with eating. I still feel pretty lousy so i know that is killing my appetite. I hope when I am feeling better I don't eat too much, that scares me.
WEll better run the 2 and 6 yr old are working together to vaccum the dining room- I have hardwood floors!!! Yikes

ckb1432003 03-11-2006 09:36 PM

Hi chicks! The races were awesome. I stayed OP all day long!! I'm completely exhausted though and off to bed...will chat more tomorrow.

crk05 03-11-2006 09:57 PM

Hi everyone! :wave: :wave: :wave:

It feels like a million years since I've posted in this thread, and since it's a lazy kind of Saturday night I thought I'd drop in and say hello and let you all know that I'm still alive, LOL. I hope you all are doing great!

My life as a grad student is chugging along. I just got through a major presentation so I'm one more step closer to graduation. I can't wait, only four more months! I also have several law school acceptances in hand, and I'm deciding between two schools which offered me very generous scholarships...I'll be visiting both in the next couple of weeks and I'm so excited for the opportunity to get out of town!

Good night, everyone! :beach:

Schatzi 03-12-2006 06:16 AM

DAYLIGHTS A BURNING :flame: CHICADOOODLES!!!!!!!
I spent like 5 hours outside fertilizing, redistributing mulch, watering weeding! What a work out! . Today I have another set of ambitious projects to complete... We're planning to grill ny strip steaks (EL YUMMO!) on the Barbie tonight...
Where the Freakn freak is Freaky??? :shrug: Check IN Freaky!!! We're missin our morning lark!!

CRK: :cp: on havin yer pick of schools! Missy Smartie Pants!!!! :hug:

Pearsy!! My Godrat Cecil is sooooo cute :love: Thankyou fer postin a pic..
I must make that feather boa collar fer him..however, I think he would look better in Tourqoise instead of bright PINK!!!

3D hope ya had a great dinner date! :cofdate:

Countess
: Seeing a civil war reenactment is on my list tooo.. better chance to see one now that we are livin in the South.. When in Joisey we got to see a lot of Revolutionary war ones... A favorite is the Xmas reenactment of Washington Crossing the Delaware. We would go on Xmas eve eeeearrrrrly morn to watch it with a thermos of hot cocoa...
:welcome3: to the Daily chat Muffin/Countess

Morning the rest of ya chicks! :flow1:

RnMOM!
YAY ! Ihope yer back fer good now! yes! soooo many new chicks in the coop! All righty.. Here ya go darlin: back by popular demand, heres the post you requested

Full Frontal FlabFlaps" :fr:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...84&postcount=3

and ya probably weren't around fer this one called "olympic interviewing" or "don't step on my Velcroed Shoes" ... so I hope it makes you smile darlin' :dz:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...59&postcount=2

YAY!!! THE CAWFEE IS READYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!! :coffee:

mamahulk 03-12-2006 08:44 AM

Good Morning everyone.

My youngest is still sleeping and my older 2 area at Nana's and Dh is still sleeping too. Very qiet here I am enjoying it. I am going to the store today and buying something for this darn cold. THis has beent he wqorst head cold I think I have ever had. SO hopefully soon I can get back to my routine. ihaven't excersised in days. I usally would but my sinus's are so painful I can't imagine moving and bending. Ok enough of my whining. I will check in later. Have a great morning everyone. :D

MsCrockett 03-12-2006 09:19 AM

Weighed In This Morning I LOST 2 LBS

I Am Not Feeling Well , Head Cold I Slept For 11 Hrs , I Am Feeling A Little Better That Yesterday, But Still Not Up To Snuff Yet,,, Take Care All......................

Kiko 03-12-2006 09:23 AM

Mama Ahhh..... a peaceful house- gotta love that. Hope that you can get some relief for your cold. Hopefully you can get everyone in your house healthy at once.

Christina How exciting that you have law school options! It is good to hear from you, you need to check in more often!

Trying to get some caffeine :coffee: in me to get the day started. DH had to go into work for a couple of hours (grrrr...) but will be back in time for church. Both girls need bathed and freshened for the baptism. I made of a snide, unsupportive comment to my DH yesterday that we still haven't had a chance to talk about and resolve. It was my fault and I know it, but I want an opportunity to talk about it before we are with all of our family at the church, Stupid me.... although it happens, right??

Okay, if I procrastinate much longer we will be running around trying to get ready and look presentable. I guess I must curl my hair as we will be standing in front of the entire congregation- the thrown back ponytail may not work. More later......

Kiko 03-12-2006 09:24 AM

Woohoo Crock on 2 more pounds gone FOREVER!! :flow1: :flow2: :flow1: :flow2: :flow1: :flow2:

Muffin02 03-12-2006 11:03 AM

Hello,
Sorry you're not feeling well crock...feel better soon! Congrats on the weight loss though!

Kiko, I hope your dd's baptism goes well, Congrats!

I skipped my workout today to clean instead...the heavy duty kind of stuff. We're just hanging out for the rest of the day. Have a good one!!!

cottagebythesea 03-12-2006 11:22 AM

:dance: I'm doing the Happy Dance today, my scale shows I've lost another 3 whole pounds! Finally!!! I'm going to wait til tomorrow to change my ticker, just to make sure, but that will make 4 lbs I've lost so far this month! I guess all my "moaning and groaning" was for nothing. :o Maybe that dessert I ate Friday night was just what I needed to shake up my metabolism! :dizzy:
Yesterday was really busy, all the kids and grandkids were here all day, and we took full advantage of the 70* weather to play outside and grilled steaks and salmon on the BBQ. Today it's much quieter, just Jake and I, and it's rainy and dreary outside. We had breakfast at Cracker Barrel, and now I'm doing the laundry while Jake is getting the taxes done. We're filing pretty late this year, usually we have our refund back and have spent it by now! Later we're going shopping at the Flower Warehouse for Easter decorations.

MamaH and MsCrockett ~ Take care of your colds today. I hope you're both feeling better soon! :hug:

Kiko ~ Have a nice time at the Christening with your family today, and I hope you and hubby get a chance to talk beforehand. :)

Christina ~ It's nice to hear from you again. Glad things are going well.

Hello to everyone else, Jake is calling me, and I've gotta go!

RNMOM 03-12-2006 01:05 PM

Schatzi

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: Did you:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: get the:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: job?????????????:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: (breathe Tauna breathe)

diamondgirl175 03-12-2006 01:12 PM

How do you get the glittermaker name graphic to appear? I can't get mine to show up. HELP!

beach bum 03-12-2006 03:16 PM

Good Sunday Afternoon Ladies

Well!! We're home from the hospital,and my DH has cancer on the top of his left lung. He has to go back to the hospital doctor on St Patricks Day.Than the radiation and kemo treatments start. He has to go 5 days in a row for 6 weeks of radiation and kemo,and than we go from there. The doctor told us that the cancer is to close to the artiers & blood vessels to operate so that out. R & K are the only way to go.

My son was up here over the weekend ,so I could go on line to post to you.

We have to think positive and win this dreadful disease

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WONDERFUL WOMAN WHO TOOK THE TIME OUT TO POST US WELL WISHES & PRAYERS. WE REALLY APPREICATE IT.

Hugs :) BB

JanaM 03-12-2006 03:54 PM

Beach - So sorry to hear about the bad news from the hospital. We'll continue to keep you and DH in our prayers. :grouphug:

batmomm2000 03-12-2006 05:11 PM

hugs to your family Beach! Positive thoughts can and do work wonders-we're all thinking of you!!

cottagebythesea 03-12-2006 05:31 PM

beach bum ~ I'll keep you and your husband both in my prayers. :grouphug:

Geekchicalways 03-12-2006 05:38 PM

My prayers go out to you! :hug:

My weekend was uneventful, my legs are killing me from the gym and I today I had a pretty good OP day. I think the week will be easier (and probably a better "official phase I" start) because I am so busy all the time I can't snack. ;)

I had a quick question. My workplace has lunches to purachase every day and one is a Tuna Wrap with lettuce and tomato. COuld I buy the tuna wrap and just eat the tuna out of it? It's just plain tuna with mayo and cellery in it, mixed and then wrapped. I would think this would be okay? If so, it'd be so much easier to do. All the other lunches are very unhealthy, haha. Do you think it'd count as a Phase I lunch?