Panko breadcrumbs

• Over the weekend, in addition to finding catastrophic treaties (See daily thread. Ruth, you mentioned repercussions -- I think my digestive system has officially repercussed), I also found another product that might prove usefuls for SBD chicklets.

I've seen panko breadcrumbs mentioned by other posters as SBD friendly, but I found Ian's Whole Wheat Panko breadcrumbs, which seem like they might be an even better new friend for us!

They have whole wheat unbleached flour, malt extract (don't know if this is bad or not), yeast and sea salt for ingredients and in 1/4 of a cup have 0.5 g fat, 70 calories, 23 mg sodium (pretty low compared to others, 14 g carbs, 2 g dietary fiber, 0.5 g sugars, and 3 g protein.

As an added bonus, they're pretty yummy.
  • THose are what I use. If the other breadcrumbs have white flour in them then they are not supposed to be allowed in any phase. What did you use them for? Just curious and wanting ideas.
  • I sprinkled them on swordfish, then baked it. Growing up, my family always put breadcrumbs and butter on fish before baking. In more recent years, I bypassed the topping entirely, but wanted to try these.

There's a recipe for baked chicken on the package I might try next. I wasn't sure about other panko/breadcrumbs, because they never seem to specify what kind of flour is used on the brands I've seen.