South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 09:30 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 163/150/129

Good morning everyone!

Mama, What a worry for you about your son! I hope that you get the help you need at the doctor's this afternoon.

Freaky
, My son (now 13) used to watch those horrible Power Rangers shows years ago. I thought they were the most boring and poorly done things ever, but he loved them.

Well, I still haven't gone to the YMCA, plus last night at work I ate 6 truffles. I am blaming it on PMS. 220 calories, 32 carbs.

Ruth I am going to buy the silicone muffin pan for sure! I think the whole idea of baking in that squishy pan is too good to resist anyway.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Old 03-06-2006, 09:36 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Mamahulk ~ I hope you get some answers regarding your son's prolonged illness. I don't blame you for your anger and fustration, I'd be demanding some better treatment, too.

Hi Pearsy, bella, 3darlingsm, usmchoney, Kiko, and Sunlit!

Kiko ~ No, Cindy isn't my daughter. She's a good friend of mine who's a veterinarian and very active in Polo and Fox Hunting. When she started a family, I started taking care of the girls whenever she needed a sitter, and this past summer she begged me to become a full-time nanny for them. I adore the girls, they're as close to me as my own grandchildren, and they call me their "surrogate grandma."
Old 03-06-2006, 09:48 AM   #18  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Maureen, be sure to put the pan on a tray or you'll have an oven disaster! I think Sears has a 12 cup one with a metal rack to hold it firm. They were
C$50 though and the ones I got were C$10 for a six cupper.

Soon, your sister wounds like a real winner - NOT! Seems to me you will be doing enough for her wedding and shouldn't be expected to give an elaborate gift too! Just my opinion.

Mamahulk, I do hope the doc can do something for your son. You sound very tired and frustrated.

SunLit, careful with those treats! If they have sugar alcohols they can have repercussions. I hope your 2.5 pounds stay lost!

3darlings, I hope you can head that cold off before it gets rooted. Water and sleep maybe? I find ginger tea sometiems helps. I'll know Lucy is preggers when her boobs start to swell. I gould get her tested when she's 3 weeks but it's 100 bucks so....

Bella, what a relief to get those exams done with! Now about the breadsticks . I must confess they are one thing I just cannot have in the house. The crunch of celery is just NOT the same!

Kiko, what a nice relaxing weekend you had! I hope the sleepover goes well - I can hear the giggles now.

Usmchoney, could you take a fruit dessert to the party? Maybe with sf valilla pudding as a sauce?

Pearshape, I'm glad the extra pounds are leaving. I may try that pesto pork chop recipe soon. I do like that new cookbook and also the Sonoma one.

Cottage, sounds like a busy day for you! Being a surrogate grandmas is great - I'm like that with the kidlets in our Church group.

Kelly, how nice that your husband cooks with you. Harry loved cooking and we did a lot of that before his stroke.

Gotta get cracking. I'm going away towards the end of the week and have a ton of stuff to get through before Thursday morning!
Old 03-06-2006, 09:52 AM   #19  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

good morning gals~

I've almost finished my coffee for the morning so i feel that I can face the world. Normally I run off to the gym first thing after breakfast so I can never just sit and enjoy it. Well today I meet with my trainer and get some buff arms for summer. I'm really excited although I way overdid the raking yesterday (yes we still have a ton of leaves) and my arms are already sore...

Soon-would you post pics of the cake you make? I'd love to see it. I think it's wonderful that you can do so much to help your sister but yikes she certainly isn't shy about asking huh? lol

Kiko-you asked the other day about my hubby and the restaurant, let's say he's more of a manager than a chef. Sounds like your's def is more gourmet

Everyone have a great OP day!!
Old 03-06-2006, 10:02 AM   #20  
South Beach Life Style

Good Morning Ladies~~~Monday WI

Today was my morning weigh in,, 2 more lbs. that makes the first month of my new life a loss of 20 lbs................... today is exactly One Month,, and I am adding a Bannana This week, that makes 4 carbs.. Oatmeal, Rice, Apple and Bannana... Has anyone noticed how SWEET the Yellow apples are versus the Red ones?

Take Care All....
Old 03-06-2006, 10:02 AM   #21  

Yay for Quiet Weekends! YAY for busy weekends! YAY for the weekend being over! You chicks crack me up !!!!

Freaky: Power Ranger movie! You are a good mommie!!!

Soon: I think you should get the sister of the year award!

Mama: I hope little one gets feeling better soon!

Kiko:
Ah yes the shoemakers daughter goes without shoes! I say DH should whip up a culinary delight for you!!

Pearsydew: I'm sure you'll drop those pesky TOM weight!

Ruth: YAY for squishy silicone muffin trays!

Sunlit: BACK AWAY FROM THE BLUE BUNNIES!!!

Maureen, Kelly and Bella

Cottage, Batmom, Crocky, 3dmomma, usmc!!! morning my lovlies!!!!

I spent time getting the garden beds ready...as DH tinkered with our home computer set up...which means no connectivity yesterday... No plans for me today... I'll just see how it unfolds!

Have a great day chicklets!!!!
Old 03-06-2006, 10:18 AM   #22  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

You girls have me cracking up over here. Please don't get the impression that DH ventures into the kitchen often. It was such a special event that it was worth mentioning. He used to cook before we were married (and pretty well, too) but the last few years his work hours have really picked up and now it's mostly up to me. He did so well though, I may have to start pushing him in there to help more often.
Old 03-06-2006, 10:41 AM   #23  
South Beach Life Style

Hey I got a Butter Question, I really dont care for the taste of "I cant believe it is not Butter" What do you guys use?
Old 03-06-2006, 10:44 AM   #24  

MsCrockett - I use Smart Balance Light unless I need to bake and then I use Smart Balance.

I actually managed to keep up with my water this weekend. My eating was OP but had too many starches and not enough veggies. Better than many weekends though. I always weigh the most on Monday's and I am down a pound from last Monday so that is fine with me.
Old 03-06-2006, 11:01 AM   #25  

I'm with Barb...Smart Balance or SB lite!
Old 03-06-2006, 11:16 AM   #26  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I use Becel Light but I don't know if you can get it in the USA. I do prefer it to ICBINB!
Old 03-06-2006, 11:25 AM   #27  
Saved by the Grace of God

S/C/G: 225/210/150

Height: 5'6"

Smile Good morning!

Good morning everyone! Day 5 of phase one and I'm dying for some cereal, but I will overcome.

Did anyone read that article on water?
http://www.3fatchicks.com/diets/water.php
I don't know about anyone else, but it was good news for me. All weekend I carried around bottles of water drinking as much as I could and it still wasn't enough! So I'm not going to stress about it anymore. Plus I don't have to push myself to drink pure water. I've got these flavor packets from wal-mart and they are wonderful. It's the wal-mart brand of the crystal light on the go packets. Only these are free of everything. No calories, fat, sugar, etc. Plus they taste just like kool-aid. Has anyone else tried these?

I'm going to my first TOPS meeting tonight. We'll see how that goes. Maybe I'll officially join next week.

Well, I guess that's all for now. Y'all have a wonderful Monday!

Toodles
Christine
Old 03-06-2006, 12:11 PM   #28  
I'm In Exile

S/C/G: HUGE/HUGE/Semi-Normal

Phase 1 is over, I'm on to Phase 2, 25 pounds lighter.

HooiserMom - Good luck at the Tops meeting. Keep drinking that water!!

MsCrocket - I'm casting another vote for Smart Balance and Smart Balance light, both my husband and I prefer them to ICBINB, congrats on the 20 pounds!!!

Schatzi - have fun in the garden, can I give you my address?

Battmomm - raking leaves is a great way to get started on the arms!! Good job!

Sunlit - hope the weight loss stays off.

3darlingsmomma - I've been avoiding Girl Scout cookie sales for weeks now, I know it will all be over soon for another year, I need to stay strong!!!

Freaky - I sit thru bad SciFi movies with my hubby all of the time I feel your pain

Soon - you are an awesome sister

Mama - hope your kiddos are feeling better soon

Kiko - my hubby does all of the grilling and a lot of the salad chopping but unless I want side dish veggies BOILED I have to step in and take care of those! I had to teach him how to pre-heat an oven, he always wondered why that little light kept going off and on and off and on

Cottage - sounds like the surro grandkids will keep you very busy and entertained

I'm sure I forgot some people but I haven't figured out how to scroll back more than a page

I hope everyone has a fantastic week on the Beach!!!
Old 03-06-2006, 12:14 PM   #29  
South Beach Life Style

Contgrats on the 25 lbs COUNTESS
Old 03-06-2006, 12:48 PM   #30  
Mom to 3 Great Kids

Crock & Countess - Congrats on the weight loss!

Well, I had my first piece of fruit today, a small banana and ever since I ate it, I've had a stomach ache!

I've finished all our bills and now they are on my fil's desk for him to go over. At least now he can leave for Florida without the stress of the bills being finished. Now things will be horribly slow here at work which I hate. I end up cruising the internet to pass the time.

I plan on making a double batch of crock pot chili when I get home. Both my daughter and I enjoyed it so much, I'm making more this time!

I am not getting enough vegetables in my diet either. I really need to work on that. How do you guys get in your vegetables? Mostly with salads?

Tyra
Closed Thread