South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 04:26 PM   #1  

Default Anybody Else Re-Start With Phase II?

Hey all! Briefly, I started up SBD Jan 3rd and faithfully followed PH 1 lost 7 pounds I think and then a month on PH 2 lost four more.

Just returned from a vacation where I was on what I call "North Beach Diet" meaning, I just ate whatever the heck I wanted without any mindful thoughts whatsoever.

Now I (along with my new North Beach 2 pounds!) would like to return to the plan but I'm wary of starting PH 1 again, because I've seen so many threads of people "starting it 500 times" and all that.

PH 2 I find much easier to follow. Does anybody just go back on PH 2 after a prolonged cheat? I've come to the conclusion that weight loss is not about perfection, rather, how well you bounce back from inevitable falls from the wagon.

I met up with an aquaintence on my vacation who had lost 80 or 90 pounds last I saw her with a fasting program, it was all back, and she was planning on doing it AGAIN....the diet merry go round is just such a drag...
Old 02-27-2006, 04:34 PM   #2  

When I have cheated, I stay on phase 2 and just work to stay OP. I might cut back my servings of grains/fruits for a few days but I don't go back to phase 1. After the holidays though, I did decide to go back to phase 1 for two weeks since the cravings had gotten bad. For me, I use the presence of cravings to decide if I need phase 1 again.
Old 02-28-2006, 05:45 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb0522
When I have cheated, I stay on phase 2 and just work to stay OP. I might cut back my servings of grains/fruits for a few days but I don't go back to phase 1. After the holidays though, I did decide to go back to phase 1 for two weeks since the cravings had gotten bad. For me, I use the presence of cravings to decide if I need phase 1 again.
That's good advice! If I can't stick to PH 2 without craving stuff I would probably benefit from doing PH 1 again. Thanks!
Closed Thread