South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 04:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 142/135/120

Height: 5'3"

Default Tuesday Coffee Clutch

Morning,

Wanted to mention that although I don't usually post in the evening I do take a moment at the end of the day to ready everyone else's posts for the day. I thank you for your responses to my posts as well. Mornings seem to be the only time I can spare a few moments to type a post.

So last night I broke a tooth. A whole side of a back bottom molar just fell off all the way to the gum line. Ouch, it's a rough month for me financially already in March and I'm sure this is going to cost a bundle. Had the same thing happen on a different tooth in October and it cost over 500 dollars and that was after insurance. Had to have the tooth capped. I hope they can even cap this one without doind a root canal considering how it broke. So, I put a call in to the parents and said ummmm, I might need a loan tomorrow.

My sister's birthday is the 3rd of March, my niece is the 10th, my son is the 20th, and my brother is the 27th. My son's party is already planned. Did I mention this month is financially killing me!!!

Oh well, I'll let you know how it all turns out in the next episode of Freaky's Life: Living on the Edge.

I hope everyone has a great day.
Old 02-28-2006, 06:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ooh, Freaky, OUCH! , that sounds so painful! I sure hope it doesn't end up costing you a bundle. When it rains, it pours, doesn't it always seem that way? You'll get through this, though, with a hug and a prayer.

I have my weight & measure at Curves this morning, and I know the scale isn't going to be too nice to me. I dread going, but it will be just what I need to keep me on track. Yesterday was a great day OP wise, so I'm off to a good start, anyway. I'll catch up with you all later.
Old 02-28-2006, 06:48 AM   #3  

I just wanted to pop in a say hi.. we are crazy busy here at home and I just don't find time to post too much - but I am reading when I get time. I hope everyone is feeling good and working well towards their goals.. take care

Freaky.. I hope your tooth can get fixed soon. It is woeful when your teeth are sore.. hugs to you

Cottage... I an sending you good vibes for a motivating measurement and weigh in.

I personally am doing ok.. happy to have kept off the two kilos this month and looking for a better month in March as we start to settle down.
Old 02-28-2006, 06:51 AM   #4  

Freaky, hope everything goes well at the dentist today. Root canals are no fun, and expensive.

Cottage, way to hang in there with getting weighed and measured. Even if it's not the result you want, at least you'll know. I avoided that part of the "Curves experience" for a while, but I finally got weighed and measured last week. Glad I did.

Well, off to work. I did well staying OP since I was home yesterday. Work's always a mine field of bagels, donuts, cookies, etc., so we'll see how today goes. If someone offers me food today, I might have to hit them over the head with my 32 oz water bottle! Everyone have a great day!
Old 02-28-2006, 06:59 AM   #5  

Good Morning Gals!!

Freaky Hoping it isn't too expensive! I hear you on the finances- I cannot wait for this summer when we get a bit of a break with childcare expenses. It is a beating!!

Cottage Good luck today at Curves.

Jana and Marianna Good morning!

Me- The scale (that would be me!) is up this morning. I am going to weigh again tomorrow morning to see what I lost this month. I am not too happy with myself as it seems that everytime I hit a mini-goal or start doing well I screw it up for myself.

Anyhow- need to get moving as I am sitting here in my robe and need to get ready for the day! Have a great one!!
Old 02-28-2006, 07:31 AM   #6  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicquitas~~

Just finished a scrambled egg and ww toast. Yum!

Freaky, I feel for you on the tooth. I broke one a couple years back eating popcorn. I escaped with just a crown but it still cost $$$. Maybe you can give cards to all the birthday folk with IOU's in them and explain you're having a bad month but would love to treat them to something special later on.

Cottage, good luck with the weigh & measure. Who knows? Maybe the scale and tape will surprise you!

Marianna, Jana and Kiko, good morning! Glad to see you all on the Beach!
Old 02-28-2006, 07:33 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 177/154/135

Good Morning from Indy. Feel like I'm catching a cold. I cannot be sick today! I have to work on my lesson then wake up the girls and go to Bible Study Fellowship. Then stop at the store for lunch food. Home to babysit my good friends 2 kiddos for a little while... good thing as they play w/my kiddos. Just home stuff to do until evening when I have a PL show to do. I have to get up in front of people and talk, etc. and hope that I don't have a runny nose! I don't feel bad really, just know there is something going on in my nose!
You won't believe........okay, sure you will......... I ate a couple of small pieces of that left over pizza yesterday! UG! well I heated it up for my daughter who didn't eat it and it was just sitting there and I was so hungry and didn't have anything planned (okay key word there) for me! I was out of chicken and turkey, etc. which is what I usually would have.
If you know Donatos.... it was that really thin crust but loaded w/pepperoni. Okay, that was the worst of the day. At work, the girls got Steak N Shake and it smelled so good but I came home and ate my roasted veggies!

FREAKY: I feel so bad for you and the tooth! I know how you feel about the money and I am terrified of dental work. I hope your parents can help you and I'll hope you don't have too much pain until it is fixed.

Cottage: Have fun at Curves! So good to keep track of measurements and you might be happily surprised!

Marianna: Good Job keeping off the kilos!

Jana: Have a good day at work and Just say NO! I'll join you in drinking lots of water today!

Kiko: Good Morning! Looks like you and I are hanging around the same weight!
Old 02-28-2006, 07:44 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Tuesday morning, Chickies.

Freaky, I feel your pain! I seem to have spent half my life and $$$ at the dentist the past year. Hey, my sister's birthday is March 3 too!

Cottage, good for you! I'm sure you'd rather stay here in the coop and play but I admire you for sticking with Curves. I wish there was one close to Delta.

Marianna, nice to see you pop in and also to hear you've kept off that 2 kilos! Is it still really hot over there or are you moving into fall?

Jana, I find being at home harder than when I am out and about somehow. Yesterday turned into a bit of a carb fest, alas!

Kiko, is that a new avatar? Sweet little girl! I'm with you on screwing up! Never mind, March is OUR month!

Mamacita, you asked me something the other day and I didn't answer, nor can I remember what it was. Was it about puppies? "We" are expecting April 30.

Debbie, of course we believe you ate pizza. Good for you to 'fess up! Just glug a lot of water and focus on mindful eating today and forgive yourself.

It's gloriously sunny here and my kitchen smells wonderful from the bouquet of pink lilies I bought myself last week. They were all in bud and are just wonderful now. I try to have flowers on my kitchen table even in winter. In the summer I go nuts and might even have four or five bouquets.

This morning I go to pick up my darling Lucy after her assignation with Baggins out west. The breedser thinks she needs to lose a bit of weight so I'll take her to my vet to get a baseline weight. I've signed all three of us up for March weightloss targets! After that, I need to clean and disinfect her carrier case. A neighbour is getting a rescue Shar-Pei today and definitely will need a crate until the critter gets socialized. Those "Wrinkle Dogs" can be difficult and she may have bitten off more than she can chew.

There's a big batch of split pea soup in the crockpot right now, just the thing to be cooking on this sunny but freezing cold day. It's -17ºC/1ºF right now. I'm sure glad my car has heated seats on days like this.

Happy Pancake Day/Shrove Tuesday/Mardi Gras!
Old 02-28-2006, 07:57 AM   #9  
Mom to 3 Great Kids

Good morning everyone! Just wanted to drop in real quick, I have the day off of work. A schedule mental health day of sorts. But really I just have some errands to run so I'd better get to it. I'll stop back later on.

Freaky - Dental work is so expensive. We don't have dental coverage and my oldest daughter had to get braces back in October and then my son busted out his two front teeth in November. Needless to say, we had to hit our savings for all that. My son didn't need root canals for his teeth, they just got bonded and we'll cap them when he's about 14.

Tyra
Old 02-28-2006, 08:01 AM   #10  

Good morning all. March tomorrow..time to ease back into the fitness routine following my week off...vicious sinus infection. Took all the energy I had just to hold me head up, let alone exercise! And of course a few "comfort foods" crossed my self-pitying lips while I was home sick. No excuses in March.

Freaky...my dental office is great about working out divided payment plans. As long as you communicate up front and are regular with payments...they will likely let you string it out as long as you want to. Sorry you have to go through it...I don't have much counsel on the hassle....grin and bear it sounds a bit cliche!'

Cottage...I feel your pain. But look at all the success you have already had! I am giving you the advice I gave myself this morning...stay the course.

Marianna, Jana and Kiko, and Debbie...I will be joining you with with the extra water today.

Mamacita - I just had the same breakfast....One hour into my day and on plan!

Ruth..I can smell those flowers. In MN...I NEED SPRING badly!
I figure I am 2-3 weeks away from outdoor cycling....my passion. I need at least 40 + degreees to gear up and go out for a ride.

So its "FAT Tuesday," but we don't have to make it that for us.
You all make me smile....and reconfirm that I want to make success mine and share in yours too.
Meg
Old 02-28-2006, 08:06 AM   #11  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Good morning, chickies! Well, TOM is here and I'm swollen like a balloon! I hopped on the scale the other day and weigh 209 still. That's 6 lbs so far this month. Today is my busy late day. I have to turn in my project tonihgt and give a short powerpoint presentation on it. I'm gonna start working on that in a few minutes. I can't wait for the weekend and it's only Tuesday morning ! Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-28-2006, 08:46 AM   #12  

Morning Morning Morning!!!!!!!!!!! Wow the Coop is a Cluckin this Morning!!!!

Freaky:
Yes Yes! Most Dental Offices will set up a payment plan with you to ease the financial burden...If they insist that the crown be paid in full upon insertion you could wear the temporary fer a bit longer than usual...

Cottage:
on yer weigh in!!!

Jana: ah yes office life! We are a food obsessed nation! Keep that water bottle handy

Debbie: BACK A WA Y FROM THE PIZZA

Ruth: Your house sounds divine!!! When will we know fer sure that Lucy is preggers????????? I knew a Shar-pei breeder..cute dogs --but they are a handful!!!!

Focused:
Quote:
You all make me smile....and reconfirm that I want to make success mine and share in yours too.
Back atcha Darlin!

Pearsy: Good luck with your presentation!!!!

HI Kiko and Marianna and 3dmom!

Ahhh Nuttin like fresh ground Cawfeeeeeee ..Today's the first day since Friday that I'm feeling like myself..I have really bad ears..and well, they've been acting up.. and well just felt all around draggy...so all those things I was gonna get done are on the docket for today!!! Tonight it's Cola Chicken or Ham steaks fer dinner.... Ok Chickies..have a Loverly Day all!!!
Old 02-28-2006, 08:52 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

FAT TUESDAY!!

Well, it's living up to it's name. My weigh & measure at Curves wasn't good. I changed my ticker and am hanging my head in shame. My counselor and I talked over my goals, and this month I'm going to concentrate on drinking 64 oz. of plain water every day, working out 5 days a week, and losing 5 lbs. I know I can do it, I've done it before, and maybe after looking at the new number on my ticker, it will give me a swift kick in the arse to stay on track.

to everybody, and have a super day!
Old 02-28-2006, 09:16 AM   #14  

freaky - Good luck with the dentist. I'm really lucky to have dental insurance but I have maxed it out several years due to root canals and crowns. I'm at the age where most of my old fillings are having to be replaced with root canals and some of my crowns are old enough they will have to be replaced soon!

cottage - Thanks for your reply to my post about fasting. That sounds reasonable and was pretty close to what I was thinking about having tomorrow.

Marianna - Great job with the loss!

Jana - I know what you mean about work. I make sure I work from home on Thursdays because that is the day they do the monthly birthday/anniversary celebration. Since they rotate the treats it is hard to resist (especially when they do pie).

Hi, Kiko! Isn't the weather gorgeous! My weight is up after what I ate at the Trainer Development Conference on Saturday. I hoped it would be down after the soup for dinner last night but I just realized the vegetable broth was not reduced sodium! I bet I could use reduced sodium chicken broth instead. I'm going to work on my water today and hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Morning, Mamacita, 3darlings, pearshape and Schatzi!

Debbie - I can't resist pizza either. I was an assistant manager at a pizza place during college and ate it every day and I LOVED it. I never gained weight either but that was probably because it was very physical work. Not like sitting at a computer all day. Good job on resisting the Steak n Shake.

Ruth - Give Lucy a hug from me. I love puppies. We have the cutest ones at the shelter right now.

Focused - One of the managers at work just got back from a week in Louisiana. She always goes and rides on one of the floats (in a small town, not New Orleans). It sounds like so much fun.

Me - We've got a den meeting and a neighborhood meeting tonight. We're just going to have to split up and Brian and I will go to the den meeting. I would have been nice to see everyone but I know they were planning lots of desserts at the block party and I just don't want to be tempted.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:41 AM   #15  

Good Morning Chickies -

Freaky: OUCH! I hope everything goes well @ the dentist.

Cottage: Good Luck at Curves today

Hope everyone else has a good Tuesday!

Well, I finally made it back to the gym last night (after three weeks). I was dreading getting on the scale, but was quite happy to find out I had lost another 6 lbs. I am now at 209...which means if I meet my March goal of 10 lbs, I'll be under 200. I can't remember the last time I was under 200 (maybe 10 years ago when I was in high school?) Anyway, I had decided I would buy myself this really expensive gym bag as a treat for losing 25lbs...but I think I'm going to buy it now. Hopefully this continued weight loss will keep me motivated to stay OP.

Well, I've got to run and actually do work at work! bbl

Have a good day chickies!!

-A
Closed Thread