This isn't legal, is it? Pork Rinds

• Iusedto work with a lady who said she was doing South Beach, but she always kept a big supply of pork rinds at her desk. I guess she figured because this was an Atkins snack that she could have it too. I don't think she lost very much weight. Pork rinds aren't legal on South Beach, are they?
  • No. Pork rinds are high in fats and SB is all about low fat (except the healthy fats) and lower carbs by choosing whole grains, etc.
  • EEEWWW!! Puffed pork skin/fat, whatever! Yuck and definitely not legal!
  • PORKS RINDS!!! EEEWWW!!!!

Really, do people really eat them?! Why on earth would someone want to eat pork rinds, of all things! I just can't imagine resorting to that, when there are so many yummy foods around to eat. And they couldn't possibly be healthy for you.
  • If you didn't know they were pork skin, they are light and airy with a crunchy texture and add the salt and it's pretty tastey...until someone informs you of what you just ate then it's like ewww...why didn't you tell me before you gave me a sample?

I had it at a local festival, they were frying them up in a huge cast iron cauldron over an open fire and giving samples to people as we passed by them.

Sarah
  • Pork rinds, ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
    I don't think they're legal, I'm thinking too much fat...
  • Bad fats! Avoid like the plague!