South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 05:03 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Monday Chat on The Beach - January 9

Good morning, Chickies.

I was in bed before nine last night and woke at 4:30. I think I may have needed a good sleep as I'm running behind. Just call me H-Ko! My busy weekend caught up with me.

Yesterday's visit with my family was just great. Tayler is nearly six and is a very sweet and well behaved little girl who still has a real spark of mischief in her. Wendy served some sort of egg, ham and cheese brunchy thing with a salad so eating was nearly OP.

I did not get the basement cleared properly for Romano and his merry men but Claire (darling friend) is coming at 7 and we will shift some stuff. They need to get at the walls. I'm leaving it up to the guys to move any shelves and the freezer away. I am so glad I put my darlings in the kennel because they'd certainly add to the noise and confusion.

Coffee needed here. I'll be back once the chaos gets underway and I need to escape.
Old 01-09-2006, 06:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning, Ruth, and all you Chicks that will be posting in today!

I'm just catching up on what's been happening here over the weekend. Gotta go to Curves in a few minutes, but I'll be back. Sounds like another fun-filled busy day at your house, Ruth!
Old 01-09-2006, 06:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 142/135/120

Height: 5'3"

Morning Ladies. Just finished my exercise for the day. It was my first attempt to do my usual workout since having strep throat for the last few days. Whew...it was very hard and I felt like a newbie exerciser!!! Glad it's over for today and hope the next day is easier. Off to work soon and on to another whirlwind week as per the usual. This is day 7 on SBD and I'm still feeling okay with it all...HURRAY!!! My son has piano lessons after work today so it's a long day and a late supper. It's a good thing I worked hard this weekend preping meals. Hope you all have a safe and healthy day.
Old 01-09-2006, 06:47 AM   #4  
RNMOM

Default Hello ladies

Good morning Ruth, hope you have a great day with Ramano......sigh.....You always have some wild project going on, you're amazing!

cottage, have fun at curves, exercise for me will you?

freaky, glad the strep throat is getting better, that stuff really gets you down.

Hi all other ladies still getting beauty sleep. I was rudely awakened this AM at 0330 by some evil city worker who is driving a 50 million ton road grader and blade clearing the streets. I swear he's taking out my curbing. I know I should be grateful for the cleared roads, but it's so dang LOUD! We had a great snow storm here yesterday. I love snow..........until about April then I've had it. Anyway, my weekend at work went fine as far as food goes. I brought food from home and when it got stressful I ate lots of sf jello. Probably ate more nuts than I should but it wasn't sugar and for me that's all important.

Well, I'm off to stoke the fire and snuggle with a good book. I start my classes today, but I'm doing them all online, even though I live two blocks from the university. I can go to class in my jammies!

Hugs to all!
Old 01-09-2006, 07:16 AM   #5  
gotta lose it!

Morning everyone!! I'm up early today!
New boss starts today.....hopefully this will go well- let you know later.
Went to the movies yesterday & saw The Ringer (don't waste your $ - it was ok, wait for the dvd) I ate too much popcorn! Oh well..new day!
My little Phoebe (cat) is on my lap just purring away...what a little sweetie.
Well..gotta finish my coffee & get to work!!
Ruth - Have fun with all those men in your house!
RNmom - wish I didn't have to leave my house!
Hi freaky & cottage!!
Chat w/ you later!
Old 01-09-2006, 07:24 AM   #6  

Moooorning All you Morning Larks and lurkers

Ruth: I'm sure Rrrrommmano would do anything fer ya... You watch that knee dear

RNmom: If ya live in a snowy place its a good thing to like it til April . One snow storm a year is fine by me... Today it's gonna be 66 F and I couldn't be happier ok, what course is this one??? More of those "osteoportytinotisfrinkminkle" words???

Freaky/Cottage: I'm with you gals, I like to exercise first thing in the morn..such a feeling of accomplishment and you don't haveta think about getting it down through the day.

DH chopped up all this wood that had been lying in a wood pile fer it looks like years.. and we had a roaring fire going most all yesterday to get rid of it. cuz it was that ugly petrified buggy crap...I was helpin him and saw all these HUGICAL Prehistoric lookin beetles with lobster claws on them I got soooo skeeved and did my Indian gallop about dance saying Ew Ew Ew..
Today first day back to Phase 1. We're all stocked up and I got a lot of preparing to do!! But first CAWFEE!!!!
Old 01-09-2006, 07:59 AM   #7  
I painted my avatar. :-)

Morning ladies. I am only up this early(being unemployed, ) for one reason.....
I GOT IN AND HAVE CLASS!!!!!!
Those Appeal board people knew what they were doing letting me!
Only downside is I am limited to 3 classes, had to sign an academic probation agreement and take some idiotic, to me anyway, Strategies for Success class. Sigh. You cant win them all, but hey.....I am on my way!
Would have let all you chicks know when I found out, but things have been crazy with school shopping(new clothes, yahoo!!!!), getting books, and my room organized.....
So I am off to myself and get some breaky. And if I can sneak it in, a trip the woman dr. Not sure though, cramping now and might be cutting it close...

Ruth-One of these day I am going to be able to hire a hunky male to be in my house all day!

Cottage-Wish I could get my exercise done in the am, kudos Chick.

RNMOM-seeing as how I have no english class this week(prof is taking medical leave) I can go to that class in jammies.

soon-good luck with the boss. I am not looking forward to getting a new, lol

Schatzi-My son does that spiders. They freak him out. Other bugs he deals with fine, but spiders.......its so cute I have to laugh everytime.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:16 AM   #8  

OK, I'm back from my workout and just finished breakfast. Day 8 on Phase 1, and I've only lost 4lbs so far. I can't figure out why, I'm swilling the water, exercising, and following the Plan. Oh, well, at least it's detoxing me. I always seem to lose faster on Phase 2 anyway. But I'm going to hang-in there for the rest of the week. It could be that I'm retainiing water, as some things I've been eating have been a little high on sodium.

Today shouldn't be too bad. I have to pick up the girls at noon, and then take them to their swim lessons at 5. Today is their mommy's late day at the clinic. I have leftover Kale & Cauliflower Bake for my lunch, and Fireside White Bean & Sausage Soup for supper, and am taking along some red pepper hummus w/ zuchinni and celery sticks for snacking.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:18 AM   #9  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Good morning chicks!

Monday already! I am feeling very tired and cold today. Last night it got chilly (for FL) and we didn't turn on the heat in our apartment, so it was around 50 degrees in there this morning. (I know, maybe I'm a wimp) I did NOT want to get out of bed!!! Also, DH's alarm went off at 5:30 and he snoozed it SEVEN times before actually waking up. I asked him why not just set it for later but apparently he likes the pleasure of snoozing it a few times. Ughhhh. So my last good hour of sleep was ruined!

Well, this weekend we celebrated our first anniversary and it was pretty fun. We went out to eat and I did go off program to enjoy the dinner and some wedding cake. I felt it the next day! Ughhhh! It was worth it though. This year has flown by!

I have to go for now. Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-09-2006, 09:07 AM   #10  

Christina, Happy 1st Anniversary!
I think you're entitled to cheat a little on a special occasion such as yours, and enjoy a special meal. And of course you have to eat the cake! Bad luck if you don't! Don't worry about it, just get right back on track now and you'll be fine.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:11 AM   #11  

Congrats on yer First Anniversary!! May you and hubby have thousands of happy moments together this year!!!

Wenchy! So happy that you got in Follow yer dream girl!!!
You painted yer avatar??? It's Beee-U-Tee-Ful, sigh you are talented!
Old 01-09-2006, 09:14 AM   #12  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning chicks!

Just a quick drive by for me. My assistant called in sick again so here I am! Glad I got a lot of rest this weekend.

I was very OP all weekend and managed to exercise yesterday. I have personal trainer Mon/Tues/Wed this week.

Has anyone ever had a colonics done? Without going into graphic detail I was wondering if you found it to be helpful? I'm considering it since I'm on the organics and getting the toxins out of my body kick. Let me know.

Have an OP day!
Old 01-09-2006, 09:19 AM   #13  
Kyemom

Morning beach babes!!! It is supposed to be nice here today to SCHATZI!! Of course I wore a huge coat cause I never watch the news before work.bundled the kids up too..lol!! My classes start today also...taking 3 online classes..so class in my jammies too, RNMOM!! Or classes at my desk at work is more like it!! So, did everyone have a good weekend? I did the big cleanup that I posted I was gonna do. I got rid of 5 lawn & leaf bags of "fat clothes"...My closet looks so much better!!!! I even taught my son
(8) to wipe down baseboards...so my house is clean..and I got help... My DD bunny rabbit died on Saturday.. Don't know why..she was fine Sat morn and Sat afternoon, she was in her cage dead...it was weird..DD is so heartbroken. Her first loss. Anyway.....Have a beachy day, and RUTH be good with RRRRommmano...or bad if you feel like ie..hehehe!! Wenchy- Good luck today!!
Old 01-09-2006, 09:33 AM   #14  
beachbum

Hi Chicks

New week to getback OP after using the sugary meds.,that brought my weight up.
Nothing new at my end same old. Going to start exercising a little more intense than I have been doing last year,plus adding new equipment[stepper ] instead of biking everynight.

Was busy the last couple of days,and didn't have a chance to go over all of the post. I feel lost some how.

Ruth- I don't know who Romano is,but I find out eventually.Don't over insert yourself,moving stuff in the basement.

Cottage-have fun at curves,never could get myself to the gym.I like to exercise in private.Cottage losing 4 lbs this terrific Big Congrat

Freaky-Take care of that sore throart,usually something else follows.

RNMOM-Don't like snow, we had over 96" last year and I hoping for a MILD winter. Even though I broght some YakTrax for walking,I ready if it comes.

Soon-Have a fun day, I used to love having my kiddy on my lap.

Schatzi-In can see you now. EEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKing over a little spider.Calm down with another cup of coffee.My DD was trying to squash one and if go loose and she kick it while wearing slippers and broke her toe in the process..

Wenchy-Happy to hear that the board of appeals excepted you in there school. That wonderful news.Even though your have to take extra clases your in.

CRK- Happy anniversary

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 01-09-2006 at 12:51 PM.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:14 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 270/212/170

Height: 5'9

Good mornin' ya'll

Hope everybody is doing good!!!

This weekend was pretty good, was not op for me though. I was pms'ing and I just didn't care. But it doesn't look like it has effected me yet? Wait and see. But the weekend was filled every minute!! Went shopping w/ my mom and babysat my niece Sat night. She was a pistol, very defiant all evening long. She’s 7, I’m chalking it up to the age. But man it wore me out!!!!

DH & I went to see Narnia Sunday. If you haven’t read any of the books you will still find this movie interesting!!! I haven’t read them for a good 15 years, so I forgot most of the story. It is a really good movie.

Well, I heard client come in, gotta go. Everybody have a great day!!!!
Closed Thread