South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 01:33 PM   #46  

Hi everyone. I'm new to SB. Started on Sunday and have already lost 4 pounds. I was is FA (Food Addicts) an offspring of OA for a year and a half. It's REALLY STRICT-no suguar, no flour, no carbs (except oatmeal) no fun! The mantra of one day at a time is so true. Once I reached my goal weight I just couldn't do it anymore. I didn't go crazy (believe it or not) but gained all my weight back in 8 months.

So this time decided to do something that I could live with for ever. I hope this is it.

?? for everyone. Does this plan work?? I see so many people who joined years ago and have lost very little weight.
Old 01-05-2006, 01:46 PM   #47  

It's worked well for me. If I'd been stricter the last 6 months I'd be at goal already but I am no longer overweight according to BMI.
Old 01-05-2006, 03:25 PM   #48  

Barb, Great Ideas!!!!
Synergy: Everbody is different.. so what works fer you may not work fer me.. Some do well on WW, others on Atkins, I like SB because it stresses whole foods and keeping your sugar level on a even keel. It sure has helped me with a steady level of energy, and some of the mood swings we all get.
We all have our slip ups, sometimes we aren't as faithful to the plan as we should be ...*sigh, to err is human! And what ever plan works fer ya, it comes down to Move more- Eat less.. I use calorie counting along with SB as I really have "Portion Distortion" --What I think is 1 Serving, could feed a 3rd world country!
What ever you decide, you'll find a "room" on 3FC to get information, support, and gain a few friends along your weightloss journey!
Good luck!
Old 01-05-2006, 05:13 PM   #49  

Schatzi, thanks for the reply. Right now I am having problems with the portion thing too. I have an electronic scale that I used all the time in FA. Everything was weighed and measured. Couln't go over a fraction of an ounce. Hated it/loved it. And now I realize I miss it. Portion control is very hard for most people. I would be so happy is SB said how much is a portion.

What I was used to is:
4 oz protein = one portion
2 oz cheese = one portion
8 oz ff yogurt = one portion
8 oz vegs = one portion
1T oil = one portion

I just don't know what to do with things like beans. I sure won't know what to do with rice, wheat etc. in two weeks.

After just five days on this plan I know I need some more parameters.

I'm so glad I found you guys. Thanks for the help
Old 01-05-2006, 05:36 PM   #50  

Synergy, What you've listed is excellent! For beans and rice, I go by what the package says which is usually 1/2 a cup = 1 serving. What I did (and will start doing again) is running my food through www.fitday.com, the food database here http://www.3fatchicks.com/food-calorie-counts/ . There are so many tools out there to help us figure out the calories, and amounts that work for us. Yes, it can be a drag at first..but QUITE eye opening as to how many calories are in something.. it was worth the extra effort - heck, WE are worth that extra effort!

These sites also have aids like how much you weigh now, what you want your weight to be, and how many calories to "limit" yourself to in order to reach your goal weight or milestone ( just be realistic, and resonable).

It can be overwhelming at first Synergy... We will help you.. take baby steps to make the changes you want fer yourself !
Old 01-05-2006, 06:49 PM   #51  
barb

Height: 5'7

I have tried ww and really have had not had great success. You are right when you say what works for you is what one should pick. I love sb because it encourages the healthy eating. I like not eating the sugar and processed foods. I know this is a great life style and I do hope I am successful with it. I want to use this as an example of good eating for my family too. The first week is a killer so far. I do remember it gets easier. I am so happy at the end of everyday that i am successful. The weekend may get harry but I am so focused. Anyway 4 days down whoooo. Have a great night ladies.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:37 PM   #52  

Today I had cottage cheese for lunch and 3 slices turkey bolongna for a snack. I had a cup of soup for lunch that I thought was curried lentil and halfway through I noticed some wild rice in it. So I am hoping that It does not affect weight loss. I do not have cravings for starches or sugar. so I am hoping that the cup of soup will not matter much.

I drank 64 oz of water at work and then went to the gym for an hour.

My dinner was a steak and ceasar salad.
I need to have more water tonight.

I am drinking water to try to stop the phase one headache that I have been having. I hope it ends soon. But I do not feel bloated and my energy is good.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:39 AM   #53  

Today i couldn't face eggs for breakfast due to the heat so I had some low fat vanilla yoghurt and I ground up 12 whole almonds with some cinnamon and nutmeg in my mortar and pestle... very yummo.. breakfast and an arm workout in one.

I snuck onto the scales today and I have lost 1.4 kilos since starting on tuesday.. woo hooo makes me feel happy that I am going well.

Hope everyone else is great
Old 01-06-2006, 06:06 AM   #54  

Tomorrow I have my son's birthday party. I am nervous that I may be tempted to cheat. I am going to get veggies and dip and hummus and low fat cheese and I will slice up cucumbers to put the cheese on. People are bringing some dishes and I am buying a sandwhich tray. I am going to try to make up something yummy for mysellf to eat. Maybe I will make the taco bake and make a nice taco bake salad to enjoy while people eat other things. The wine will bother me more than the food. I will have some crystal lite on hand and remind myself how good I will look when I meet my goal. Wish me luck chickies!
Old 01-06-2006, 07:05 AM   #55  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Chilichick, the taco bake works OK when scooped out with cucuber slices or chunks of peppers. Endive leaves would work too.
Old 01-06-2006, 02:35 PM   #56  
barb

Height: 5'7

Good luck Chiliechick,you can do it . you are right just remind yourself how good you will look. That is a great motivator.......... Well everyone day 5 for me and doing awesome, no headache at all.. I find myself going to bed really early to avoid eating at knight.I will work on that next week. I worked out for 2 hrs again today. I am feeling great. I think I have detoxed and have some good energy going. I hoping in 12 days I am going to see a huge lose. I really think I may not weigh myself until than. That way I will stay motivated. I am loving this diet. Off to go hang with my little one . Good luck everyone.
Old 01-06-2006, 02:56 PM   #57  
On my way...

S/C/G: 302/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

OK--day 4 for me. Today is the boss's b-day and there is CAKE . I cannot resist cake...usually...but today I WILL!

So far I've lost 3.5lbs...I like the trend!
Old 01-07-2006, 02:01 AM   #58  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Red face Another day come and gone...

Hey Chickies!

So here is the run down for today:

B: Skipped (I know bad but finally had chance to sleep in which is RARE!!!)

S: Peanuts

L: Grilled Chicken Ceasar Salad

S: Pistachios

D: Fell off the wagon!!! Hubby wanted to cheat and I gave in. Went to Quiznos and had a sandwich, so ofcourse have to start over AGAIN. Skipping dessert, and went to the gym due to feeling guilty...

WO: Went to the gym for 60 minutes, did 35 on eliptical, 10 on spinning bike, 15 on stationary bike (sit down) all at a very very hard pace.

So went to lunch with DH and MIL today. His family are all pretty much overweight and have numerous health issues. Due to DH and I being so good at sticking to our diets his M and F are going to start SB on Friday. I feel so bad motivating them and then cheating. I need to stick to this. I am such a perfectionist. I refuse to actually start counting my days as part of Phase 1 until I do it right - all the way OP. Well I hope you girls had a great day!
Old 01-07-2006, 09:20 AM   #59  

My husband and I went to TGIFridays and I had atkins shrimp and veggies, BUT I had a drink. I am off to the gym to weigh myself. I have been totally OP until last night, but I am not going to beat myself up. Dr. A says to move on. I cant get into that " I cheated so I blew it" mentality. I have one more week of Phase one to go through. and I will try my best to be OP.

Today is my sons party and I have lots of veggies and low fat dips and salsa.
I am going to do the best job I can today and remind myself that food is not the source of fun, people are. I think I have got a lot of OP snacks for me to enjoy so I dont feel left out.

Water is still my battle.
Old 01-07-2006, 09:22 AM   #60  

I am also going to make 3 dump chicken recipes to have on hand all week and a soup. I will cook all day tomorrow so I can have everything ready to eat during the work week.
Closed Thread