South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 02:15 PM   #31  

I thought the recipe had been posted but it hadn't. I've put it in the phase 1 soups at http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...08#post1062008 It is actually a phase 2 soup but I normally leave out the cornstarch to make it phase 1. I originally got it off a different South Beach recipe site but I have modified it from the original so it is my version that I posted.
Old 01-03-2006, 03:57 PM   #32  
I painted my avatar. :-)

Anyone get the sleepies restarting?
Boy I did today. Was sitting in the recliner watching tv, and BAM! I was about ready to pass out. So I headed to bed.
Woke up about 230. Lunch went right out the window.

Seeing as how dinner is at 5, I am going to eat some tomato&bean soup. I am hungry!
Old 01-03-2006, 07:46 PM   #33  
barb

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone.. I am new to this site. I just started sb yesterday. So far so good. I made the eggplant boat things for dinner. It was a hit with the kids.. I had to chopp up the egg plant to hide it from them. I also made the 2 bean soup.do not have the name in front of me... Again , kids loved it.. I think the roasted pepper cream makes it taste yummy. Well 2 days done.. I am hungry and waiting to have my fudge pop.. Then it is off to bed.. Only way to beat the cravings.. I would like to lose 20 pds or more by the end of Feb. I hope I stick with it.Last time on this plan I lost 13pds in the 2weeks and than 3 more. But had some medical and family issue and I totally went off. I have gained that and more since..Anyway I am glad ther is a support system here. I am soooo motivated that I hope I stick with it. Looking forward to hearing about all your ideas...
Old 01-03-2006, 11:12 PM   #34  

Ohh posting menus is a great idea to get some help

Yesterday
:
Breakfast - a coffee with f/f milk and 1 sugar
- 2 eggs with f/f milk - scrambled using olive oil spray
Lunch - salad with lentils, tuna, capsicum, tomato, cucumber and some low sugar dressing.
snack - cashews - way too many
- giant hunk of l/f cheese
dinner - tandoori chicken salad with lettuce, capsicum, tomato cucmber and lowfat natural yoghurt as a dressing

Today so far:
breakfast - low fat vanilla yoghurt with some nuts
snack - a slice of low fat cheese
lunch - leftovers from dinner with a bigger salad and 1/3 can of lentils as well (very yummo meal)
Old 01-04-2006, 09:09 AM   #35  
barb

Day 3 ,I made it through .Yeahhhhh I had my fudge pop, went to my room watched tv and went to bed. Best way to beat the cravings. I think i may try the spiniach chicken tonight for dinner. Hope it is yummy.I need to stay away from the nuts. That may do me in. Anyway off to get my water going. Good luck ladies.Is any one working out???? I may wait one more day cuz I am so tired from the detoxing of sugar. I need to get back into it.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:00 AM   #36  

Yesterday's menu was:

Breakfast: Southwest Eggbeaters with mushrooms. Glass of Metamucil

Early lunch: hodgepodge of lots of leftovers with tons of veggies (such as black eyed peas, cabbage, mushrooms, peppers, asparagus and others) with lots of fiber as well as coleslaw

Snack: raw zucchini

Snack: plain yogurt with Splenda and Cinnamon

Dinner: red snapper Courtbouillon (made with beef broth to be phase 1) over cabbage along with artichoke hearts and green beans and wax beans

Dessert: no sugar added fudgesickle

After dinner my stomach started bothering me with lots of gas and bloating. I think I overdid it on the fibrous, cruciferous veggies. Be careful of increasing the amount too fast. Today I am sipping hot tea and had a yogurt for breakfast and bought some Gas-X. I'm starting to feel better.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:48 AM   #37  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, cabbage twice in the day along with legumes would do it to me. Feel better soon.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:10 PM   #38  
barb

Whoo day 3 done. A good day today. Break..Yogurt no carb.. Snack..Moca shake, no carb... Lunch white and black bean soup, peanuts and jello... Dinner,,, spinach chick souffle, salad,and jello..night snack ..jello.. Hopefully tomorrow I will get in exercising. Looking forward to that moca shake again.Man that was yummy.I need to stay focused.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:18 PM   #39  
Mythical

S/C/G: 186/172/120

I re-started P1 on Monday. Yesterday I went back to work after a 2-week vacation and was practically dead when by the time I got home. Today I was exhausted at 2pm. I have managed to do cardio on Monday and today, but it was really a push. I know, I know, I keep telling myself, I just gotta get through this week, and I'll feel so much better. I've already lost a couple of pounds, which is always encouraging.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:44 PM   #40  

Usually the first week of phase 1 you'll feel a bit Wonky, headachy , and zapped of energy . So be kind to yourself and yer body as you "detox". Alot of us either really slow down the exercise or add it back in the 2nd week of Phase1 or when moving to Phase 2...
Old 01-05-2006, 04:45 AM   #41  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

And remember legumes and milk.
Old 01-05-2006, 05:52 AM   #42  

I had the killer headache yesterday. I am trying to drink as much water as I can. But I am determined to do this phase one as strict as I can. I am trying to eat only fresh food. I almost forget to eat snacks. I need to get some nice cut up veggies and hummus. I am going to pick up some almonds today for snack for mid morning. I have been having SF jello for evening snack.

My water goal today is at least 64 oz at work and more at home. Heading to the gym tonight. I am inspired by watching the Biggest Loser Family edition last night. I am always amazed at the transformations.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:57 AM   #43  
On my way...

S/C/G: 302/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

I'm new here, but not new to SB...was on it about 2 yrs ago, fell off the wagon, got pregnant (YEAH!), and now am here only 4lbs from my highest pg weight SOOOOOOOOOOOO, I started back with SB on 1/3/6. THIS TIME I MEAN IT!!!!

I've been reading here for a few days and it seems like this is a great community to get support!

Good luck to you all!
Old 01-05-2006, 12:04 PM   #44  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Me too - however I know they are working way harder than I am I mean did you see the sweat pouring off the girls face when she was doing squats with her trainer. I swear I must be addicted to self help or something. I love shows like this!
Old 01-05-2006, 01:22 PM   #45  
barb

Gosh I saw the show and it so motivated me to work out and to stay with this sb program.I am on 4day, good again.I am loving the mocha shake. Anyway I worked out today. I am feeling amazing. I hope this continues all day. I worked out doing a step class for an hour and than stayed to do a strenthing class. Biggest loser motivated me. The one girl said she works out 2-3 hrs a day. I tried today and will try on the days I can. We can do this , we just have to keep trying and take it day by day.
Closed Thread