South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 06:24 AM   #1  
Who needs sleep?

Default Monday Madness

Hoo, boy. It's after 3 am my time, and I'm taking a break from homework. I just wrote an essay on Shakespeare's Sonnet 130 (the "My mistress' eyes are nothing like the sun" one), titled "A Woman To Love, Not a Goddess To Worship." I also finished my second draft of my other essay, the one I posted with a request for comments in off-topic thread - the one on pet therapy. After my break, I'll finish up a quiz for my science class, and get to work on some assigments due next weekend.

I asked my husband earlier why I was so tired (rhetorically); his reply? "'Cause you never sleep!" Ask a silly question! DS has daycare the day after my final exam and capstone project are due; I think I might take him in, come back home, slip back into bed and SLEEP all day! Although I know I won't really - too much to do!

What's going on in your day today?
Old 11-21-2005, 07:04 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yes, sleep is darned important if you don't want to feel tired! Try to get some, Heather!

Today should be interesting. I decided not to get the Girls yesterday - a wee drive down for the newspaper sort of did me in! Keith the Kennel Owner is going to deliver my furbabies to me this morning! What a great guy! He is also going to come in for a coffee and see how they settle in with me. That'll kill the morning. He's a Newfoundlander and loves to talk - nice voice and a charming accent so it won't be too bad. I am finding the days very long without all my busy work so company is a good thing.

I did some Country Christmas phone calling yesterday and now have my third wise man. Rob is coming over noonish to get the costumes out for me and I'll unpack, iron and do any repairs on the installment plan. I am pretty darn sure that afternoon naps will be needed for a while.

The scale and I just had an assignation and I've changed my ticker. The IV during the operation and carby comfort foods have done me in a bit more. Time to get and stay honest!

Time for and a so check in!
Old 11-21-2005, 07:26 AM   #3  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicks~~

Woke up with another flippin' sinus headache. A storm system hit last night and I think the change in pressure is what did it. Gah!

Made some beef stew last night. It was tasty, but I sure wish I could get totally back on the Beach. I know I'd feel a lot better overall if I did.

I'm going to be brave and make oven roasted veggies with olive oil and balsamic vinegar for Thanksgiving Dinner. That way if they don't set well with me, I won't have to go to work the next day...just travel! (But I'll only eat a teeny bit and see how I do)

Ruth, sounds like you've got energy in abundance after your surgery. That's great! Just don't overdo, please!

H-ko, I second Ruth, if you don't want to feel tired, you really do need to sleep once in a while.

Okay, I gotta get moving. Hair needs drying and teeth need brushing before I brave the rain.

Hope you all have a great day on the Beach
Old 11-21-2005, 08:06 AM   #4  

H-ko.. I hope you get some sleep in..

Ruth... enjoy having the furry babies home

Mama... sinus headaches are shocking - I have only ever had one and wouldn't wish it on an enemy.

I had a nice day with my beautiful girl today.. she is just very sweet! My vegie garden is flourishing - so I spent the afternoon tending to my plants... it is becoming like "Day of the Triffids" with my snake beans.. they are crawling up the deck Must be all of teh talking I do to them.. that and my coffee beans and tea leaves into the garden!

Well I am off to bed.. have a good day all!
Old 11-21-2005, 08:23 AM   #5  

Just a drop in!

Exericised great, ate horrible . The weekends are definitely something that I need to work on. I just want to kick myself. I do great during the routines of the week, but it all goes to pot on the weekend.

Gotta get to work. Short week... same amount of work.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:30 AM   #6  

We had a dreamy day. We had most of my husbands family for Christmas dinner( our Canadian Tgiving was in Oct). This is the first time we have done this. His folks leave for Arizona for the winter next week. We did no gifts but we did stuff stocking. Just little tidbits. It was all really festive just like Christmas day. I adore hubby’s family. Our house is sooo great for entertaining. 17 people just hung out all over. I squeezed everyone into the diningroom at 2 tables. Christmas in November WAS just like christmas on Dec 25. Very fun and festive. I dont usually decorate unitl after Dec 1 but..... Dinner was fab. We have such a nice family. 17 lovely fun people. Furby was a big hit with all the “kids”. I had to wrestle my 20 yo nephew to give it back to DS.The house is still vey clean and the clutter is put away. What a happy ,joyful weekend. I was bone weary but didn’t want to sleep because I didn't want it to end.
Blissed out.

This is how a functional family feels.

We have had disagreements. Some have made bad life choices. Everyone is always welcomed and accepted just as they are.

Today is thankfully a quietish day. I will take 3 kids to storytime.Then I have Avon orders to pack. I will have to be VERY focussed this week on Avon. My last order for Christmas goes in on Dec 4.I have a school council meeting for tonight I need to prepare for. The house is CLEAN and the damn dishes are all done!!!!!

I will not eat peanut brittle, pie or turkey sandwiches today. I will make a nice stew with lots of veggies. Back on track for this chick. 1 day of festivities. A lifetime of eating right.
I am going to give myself an hour on here this aft with a cupa tea and I really want to reply to everyone. I miss the chatting more.

HUGS!
Old 11-21-2005, 09:24 AM   #7  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning early birds!

Everyone gearing up for Turkey day? I am. I am cheating and going the $50 buys you all this route:
Butterball Baked Turkey, fully cooked (approx. 11 lbs)
Boston Market Mashed Potatoes (2 23-oz containers)
Boston Market Broccoli Au Gratin (3 11.5-oz containers)
Boston Market Herb Stuffing (1 23-oz container)
Boston Market Turkey Gravy (3 11-oz containers)
Cranberry Sauce (1 lb)
Dinner Rolls (1 dozen)
Choice of 2 8-inch Pies (Apple or Pumpkin)

And that's just HB and I eating BTW! LOL. Talk about leftovers! Best part though? I go pick it up Wed and just heat up for 2 hours Thursday!!!

Of course, I am making mashed sweet potatoes for me! And green beans. But otherwise, no cooking!

Happy Monday girls!
Old 11-21-2005, 09:36 AM   #8  
Exercise Queen

Good Morning! I'm off to the showers and to get my kiddos up for school, but I wanted to post a quick hello first. This is Day 8 of phase 1 for me, and I'm hoping that with sticking to program and some extra cardio workouts in my exercise routine I'll be able to hit my Thanksgiving goal. I'll check back in this evening!
Old 11-21-2005, 10:33 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Just time for a quick pop-in before I have to go out again! I have a lot to do before Thursday, and not enough time to do it in. I just finished giving the house a good cleaning, and the bathrooms will need a last minute tidying before everyone arrives. I put fresh sheets on the extra beds, and caught up with the laundry, too. Whew! I think it's too early yet to start preparing some of the side dishes, but the turkey is thawing in the fridge. Everyone is bringing something, but I'm making some SBD friendly dishes like Sweet Potato Souffle, Cranberry Jello Salad (sans pineapple!), and a Pumpkin Layered Cheesecake. I think I'll get through it OK. I don't care much for mashed potatoes or stuffing, so no temptation there! In the meantime I'm going to try staying strictly Phase 1 before the big day.
Well, I'm off again. I have to babysit til 8 tonight!
Old 11-21-2005, 11:26 AM   #10  

WHOA Our FIRST REAL Stormy Weather here in NC! Mama I think we are getting your storm here!!!!!

HKO: Looook Look deep into my eyez...U R Getting veddddy Sleeepy. .. Now go to that nice warm fluffy soft bed! You need yer shut eye girl!!!!

Ruth: hmmmm...it's sounding like Busy Beeeeeee Ruth is getting back to her Whooshing!Do not over do it darlin! I bet having Hersh and Lucy back home will make you feel more whole again tooo. l
Marianna: Nightynight sleep tight!
Jenn: I think yer plan for a Boston Turkeyfest is Wunnerful! Sigh, I will be making a turkeyette for me and DH... it will be our first holiday in this far off land called nerth caroliner...

HH: Soooo glad to hear you had a loving enjoyable family get to gether...

I had a telephone interview for a large HR consulting mgt co... it went well...and I will make it to Round 2...but I'm not so sure I want the job.. tooooo much travel ...living in airports and Marriots..been there done that Bleah...the rest of today will be in my nest ... I didn't get to much of flipper syndrome yesterday...so DH and I finished raking the yard.. I deadheaded the azaleas, trimmed and shaped the hedges and pruned/shaped the monsterous laterna bush that is out around the mailbox...
Old 11-21-2005, 12:27 PM   #11  
beachbum

Hi Chicks

Have to make iths fast as I;m on the run again going to have lunch[stuffed cabbage rolls ] and than off to my cansater game.

Thanksgiving Dinner, we're all ready,except for the turkey thats a Wed. pick up.
Going to do some cooking on Wed and heat them up,as we only have 4 burners and I making lots of veggies with very little carbs.[just bread stuffing]Won't give that up.

Will post later.

Hugs BB
Old 11-21-2005, 04:58 PM   #12  
Who needs sleep?

Ruth - I'm glad you're getting your girls back! I bet you missed each other a lot. Are Newfoundlanders chatty? I've never met one. I like the dogs, though! Don't sweat the temporary ticker setback - once you've recovered from surgery, I bet you'll be going like gangbusters - stronger than ever!

Mamacita - hope your tum handles the vegs okay!

Marianna - what are snake beans? Are they like runner beans? Or Asian long beans?

Djett - good luck breaking the cycle!

HH - I'm glad you had a nice early Christmas with your inlaws!

Jenn - I'm taking the easy route too - going to Mom's! All I have to do is bring an appetizer - which is loverly, since finals are around the corner.

Stagemom - good luck, but be sure not to beat yourself up if you don't make it - 4 lbs in 3 days is a lot to lose! I'm sure you'll look "fabulous, dahlingk" regardless! You've done great so far!

Cottage - that's the first thing on my list when the quarter is over: cleaning! I've really, really been neglecting housework while busy with school. My inlaws are coming over the Tuesday after Christmas, so I have a motivation to get clean!

Schatzi - you are too funny! Good luck - even if you decide not to take a job, though, the interviews are still beneficial. I'm awful at interviews; I'm not good at promoting myself!

BB - what is cansater? I thought you said "canasta" at first, then realized that wasn't what you said! Good luck with your dinner - I know what you mean about the vegs. I often cook a few kinds together (my favorite combos are baby carrots, haricots vert, and snap peas steamed together, green beans and quartered mushrooms steamed and seasoned with garlic salt, or baby carrots and broccoli steamed, then lightly sauteed in a wee bit of butter with fresh gingerroot), serve some chilled (like asparagus in vinaigrette), or roast them since I'm usually short on burners, too.

I gave it up around 4 or so and went to bed - I don't even remember DH getting up to go to work! DS woke me at about 7, but I let him snuggle up in bed with me, and he went back to sleep (yay!); we slept til sometime around 11 or noon. I feel much better now. I just have so many assignments and papers and such all coming up that I'm pressed for time. I can't really concentrate while DS is running around - I'm too busy keeping him out of trouble to focus very much on schoolwork. Ah, well, only 2 weeks left, and next quarter I'll have a lighter course load (11 credits instead of 15).

Last edited by H-ko; 11-21-2005 at 05:30 PM.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:27 PM   #13  

Snake beans are long stripy sort of patterned beans that just go nuts when you plants then - so are easy for a serial vegie killer like myself I have tried so many times to get a good vge patch going - and in this house it is working great... I have the beans, red capsicums, tomatoes - cherry and roma, mini watermelons, mini rockmelons, black zucchini, carrots, eggplants, sweet potatos and lettuce - and they are all going well bar the capsicums
Old 11-21-2005, 05:42 PM   #14  
Who needs sleep?

Marianna - peppers are difficult sometimes, aren't they? I miss my garden. We'd gone to a lot of trouble to put one in a few years before I got pregnant. That summer and last I didn't have time for one (I was babysitting my baby nephew the summer I got pregnant, and last summer DS was tiny and a lot of work). Now it's all gone to grass again! Maybe next summer..... The fresh green beans and snap peas are always my favorites!
Old 11-21-2005, 05:46 PM   #15  

My favourite is the tomatoes.. there is nothing like slicing a tomato fresh from your own garden into a salad.. feels very nice.. I really like gradening and did much better at it when we had our own house - but seemed to lose a bit of my enthusiasm now that we are renting - but this house is a long term contract so I am happy to get into it again.. plus we have the inner city organic farm just down the road for inspiration...
Closed Thread