South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 05:51 AM   #1  

Default Therrific Thursday ChitChat Nov 10

It's Raining Cats and Dawgs here in Nerth Caroliner!!! And boy we need every drop!!!! So no hikette today.. I'll stay hunkered down in the nest and do chores... Last night We bought a new car...DH traded in his 99 Jeep Cherokee for a 06 Honda TL with that fancyschmancy on board navigation system..As new residents of this state, it's gonna get a lot of use...He'll pick it up this afternoon and I'm sure he'll be a little kid we a new toy.

Pearseydew:
how are Alfred and Percival: Pet Rats, sheesh..only a scientist could love heh heh...Have fun camping darlin' and don't be bringing home a possum or ground hog! CA for A MONTH????? How fabu!!! Where in CA?

Ruth: Sounds like you've got all things set for your knee operation--isn't it funny how we pre-clean for the cleaning lady? I use ta have my GF Bernadette come 1x a week when I was working 70 hour weeks ...I loved coming home from work and seeing that the cleaning fairy had been there... ( If you catch them meeses, I'm sure pearsey can put them up in ther Rat mansion.. .)

Mamacita
: I hope you are getting better each day... I'm startin ta get worried girl!

RNMOM:
What is a Fondant??? It sounds Decadent !!!!

Ohhh Didja see that???? I think it was BB... Busy Bee Beach Bum, she just whooshed right by!!!!

Have a Throughly Therriffic Thursday all you groovy Chicks
!!!!
Old 11-10-2005, 06:15 AM   #2  
I vant to draw your blood

G'morning, Chicklets~~

I broke down yesterday and went to see the doc. My lungs are clear, but I have a whopper sinus infection and "something-caudal inflammation"--basically my ribcage is all inflammed--a side effect of the virus I had last week. So, he put me on a stepdown pack of steroids and amoxicillin.

Schatzi, I think you stole our rain. It was supposed to hit us before it hit you. I wonder what happened??? We could sure use it. I'd love to have one of those navigation systems. I'm very prone to getting lost. When we first moved here, I'd set out for some destination and I'd wind up in Snellville...no matter where I wanted to go. So, we just went ahead and moved here to save me the hassle of trying to find my way home.

I'm gonna go find some breakfast.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning, Schatzi! It's been raining overnight here too, but it's supposed to clear up soon. Earlier in the week there was snow forcasted for this evening, but now that's been changed. I'm hanging around waiting for Curves to open this morning. For a few weeks they were opening at 6:30, and it was great cause I could get it done, come home and change and eat breakfast, then leave for work. But there were only 5 or 6 of us coming that early, so now they won't open til 7. We're protesting, but it probably won't get us anywhere. The owner is a control freak. It looks like it'll be a relatively easy day today so I should be able to come home early. Yesterday was nuts, with school, playdates and swimming lessons, and I didn't get home til late, so I had no time to post. I got into trouble with some Butternut Squash Soup, I had it for both lunch and supper, before I realized it's a no-no food. I'm up a pound, too, so I wonder if that's what did it? I'm going to be really diligent today, and maybe that pound will vanish!
Old 11-10-2005, 06:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi Mamacita, I'm so glad you finally saw the doctor. Now take your medicine so you can get all better.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:41 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Whoops! Slept in and have to dash. The Dogs need breakfast and potty and then I'm off to town for the day for my pre-op tests. I'll pop in later this afternoon. Be good!
Old 11-10-2005, 07:02 AM   #6  

Good morning ladies!

I'm ready to start the day. I had some mindless eating episodes last night. I could just kick myself. I was in one of those hormonal moods where everything and everyone was getting on my nerves. I wish I would start already! I left work for some "errands". I had a peaceful lunch (no phones) at Wendy's and then went across to the mall for some shopping therapy. I don't know how you girls feel when you start going down in sizes. I feel like I am kidding myself when I pick up the size I seem to be now. It feels like someone is watching over me thinking, "Is she kidding?". Everything I picked out to try on I got the bigger size AND the smaller size. I ended the day with a new shirt and 2 pairs of pants. I am going to clean out my closet soon. Last year, I was sloppy and wore a lot of sweats. I am going to weed them out and just keep a couple pair for slouching around the house.

Well, gotta go wake up the little one. He seems to be trying to sleep in!.... wish I could!
Old 11-10-2005, 07:50 AM   #7  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Mornin' chicks! I have not been good this past week. Yesterday I ate 3 bowls of granola...arrgghh!! I'm sure yesterday my calories were way out of whack. Today will be better. I made that kale and cauliflower casserole last night and ended up just eating a tiny bit and then going for the granola. So no granola on the camping trip. B'fast will be P1 eggs and veggies. I need to go to the store topick up some last minute supplies then I'll pack the truck tonight so all I have todo tomorrow morning is grab my dog, go pick up my friend and head out. This place is like 180 miles away so it'll be a beautiful fall drive. Can't wait.

Schatzi: The boys are great and are getting more and more confident and outgoing everyday. Alfred is the boss and makes sure poor Percival knows it all day. Have fun nesting today !

Mamacita: Glad to hear its not as bad as you thought it might be. Take it easy and be good to yourself.

Cottage: I love butternut squash. Just wait for P2 and you can make some great recipes with it. I love this butternut squash, chicken, and white bean stew I make. YUmmy. Hey, I think I know whats for dinner tongiht !! Thanks!

Ruth: Busy busy!! I really think you ought to do more. Your just not nearly as active as you should be. Hehe!!

Djett: I hear ya! At least your eating can be blamed on mindlessness, mines just eating!! I need to quit so I can make my goal for nov. Shopping therapy is a good cure for mindless eating!! I recommend more!

Everyone else: have a great day!!
Old 11-10-2005, 08:36 AM   #8  
RNMOM

Default Morning

Hiyall!
Sitting here at work trying to decide when I'm going to wake up. Ugh, thankfully there are no patient right now that need an alert ER nurse.

Mama, does costochondritis sound right? Pain in the rib cage area? Definitely behave and take your medicine.

Schatzi, good to see you up so early. Mercy, do you live on caffiene? Fondant is the cream center to many delicious chocolates. I'll do some vanilla, then dip them in chocolate then roll them in toasted coconut. Yummy. Don't get too drenched. Wish it was rain here instead of impending snow.

pearshape, have soooo much fun! I would love to go camping. Enjoy!

djett, I have a pair of sweats I put on that are my hubbys, I have to use one hand to hold them up, but they are sooo cosy. Congrats on buying new clothes! Way fun!

Ruth, whoooosssshhhhhhh...............I think I saw you fly by!

cottage, do you love curves? They have one here, but I so don't like to exercise inside.

Well, all you loveies out there! Hang on and be tough. There's sure lots of temptations.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:10 AM   #9  

I was hit by the mindless fairy too. More of a feeling punky, eat to feel better but it doesn't work at all thing!
Ruth nice you got some extra ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ's! Hope all goes well today!!
Mamacita~ gled you went to the doc and are hopefully on the mend.
Pear~ have a great time camping. I have trouble picturing that with SNOW on the ground!
Snow!!!!!
It’s not stickin to the ground for long but it is snow. woohooo.3C today(36F). Gotta love it. Wish my sinuses were more clear then I could really get happy. No headache but sinuses are full. Much nose blowing. Lacking energy.
I did a LOT of Avon paper work ,flyer designing,printing, coupons designing& cutting, book stamping all afternoon while watching my soaps.
I already have a huge order and I have til the 14th to gather more. I haven’t done my follow up calls yet. I will do those on the weekend. The Dec 4 order will be the biggie!!!I am gearing up.I am hoping for big bucks. My district manager is offering great sales incentives and great gifts and draws for customers woohoo. Taking advantage of that!!

Daily Journal
1.My renewal statement for the day. I will do this!!!
2. Weekly weight.229
3. Exercise-type, how long, what level. ummmm...sat on my butt a lot.
4. % fat, carbs, protein.
5. # meals and snacks.3 meals, grazing snacks some weren’t too healthy, like caramels.
6.# fruits, # of veg. 1 fruit, 5 veg!!
7. How many glasses of water.10
8. Time of last food intake, time I went to bed. 8pm& 10:30pm
9. Why and when I ate due to stress or emotions. I am looking for food because I am run down wioth this sinuis thing.I am not always giving in. much fridge opening and then walking away.
10.General feelings about food, exercise, life. It is all okay.
11. Any really good events or feelings today. Accomplished quite a bit od Avon work. Kids had an awesome day. Hubby was home eaerly and he took the big noisy boys out to stack wood, ( see he is good for something),Made a yummy supper- chicken paprikash and a broccolli casserole. MMMMM! Rested, watched Martha!! I want to be Martha.
I sent hubby for a profesional massage. he was almost stoned when he got back. His face looked different he was sooo relaxed. His side is still sore but feeling better.
12. Overall, how did the day go. good
13. How can I improve for tomorrow. dont eat that damn candy. eat veggies for snacks.

Book club tonight. Much puttering to do today. 4 kids all day, 5 in school. All **** breaks loose and 3:30 when they come home, LOL!

HUGS you glorious, fit, healthy vixens!!!
Old 11-10-2005, 09:15 AM   #10  

morning !
still no news on my brother...still missing. but I am running and lifting weights to distract myself instead of eating.....*sigh*

chels
Old 11-10-2005, 09:25 AM   #11  

I just got terrible news!! My brother is heading to Iraq.....AGAIN!!! It's not fair. I won't even get into what I think of this *$%*&#^ war but right now I'm just so pissed. My baby brother is going to be put in harms way and I'm so scared. Does anyone even watch to see the ages of these kids that are dying over there? They're mostly all in their early 20's and late teens. Just babies!! We've all become so desensitized to it so we let our politicians start wars whenever they want without really thinking of the consequences. You'd think in the 21st century the stupid men running this world would come up with a better solution to problems than sending kids to die....and we call ourselves a "developed" country. UGGHH!! Please keep him in your thoughts/prayers/good vibes. Sorry, I just had to vent.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:27 AM   #12  

Angel, I just saw your post. I'm not sure what happened to your brother or what the circumstances are but I hope everything turns out OK. I'm sending good vibes your way.

(That's so weird that youwould post right as I had just gotten the terrible news about my brother)
Old 11-10-2005, 09:45 AM   #13  

Pear~ DITTO....and prayers!!

Prayers for Angel too!!
Old 11-10-2005, 09:52 AM   #14  

thank you- and pray for the safety of your brother-
Old 11-10-2005, 10:54 AM   #15  
gotta lose it!

Good morning...I'm back!!
Pear - thats awful!! He's in my thoughts!
Angel - your brother too!
I just got the new SBD cookbook - love it!! I tried the sirloin with tomatoes, olives and artichokes - loved it!! Can't wait to try some of the other recipes!!
I'm off to check my mail...have a great day!
Closed Thread