3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   New Beach Chick (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/67515-new-beach-chick.html)

Less of Jac 10-27-2005 01:08 PM

New Beach Chick

Hello All!

This is my first post in this forum, although I've been lurking for the past few days! My father, a few months ago at 45 found out he has CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) and is now on a transplant list. After looking into it I found that my family has horrible heart disease (all of my grandparents have had heart attacks, both grandfathers died of heart disease, all my aunts and uncles have heart problems too.) So I asked my dad's cardiologist what I could do to give myself the best foot forward on this.

Since I am overweight (238 as of this morning) he suggested this diet to get me back to being a bit healthier, as well as exercise and regular physical evaluations.

So here I am... day one of phase one.

I'm a 22 year old housewife/student going through some rough patches as my husband switched jobs. I live all alone (my husband is a truck driver) so I'm hoping since he's gone I'll be able to control the food in the house, and better control my intake. I am an emotional eater, so I'm hoping to find some support here!

kyemom 10-27-2005 01:32 PM

Welcome!!!!!!

Ruthxxx 10-27-2005 02:51 PM

:wel3fc: and to The Beach! Your doc is right. Dr Agatston is a cardiologist and developed this plan for heart patients.

Barb0522 10-27-2005 03:35 PM

Welcome to the Beach!

beachgal 10-28-2005 11:07 AM

:welcome3: LOJ! :) Great name!

So sorry to hear about your dad's illness. I hope he'll be feeling much better very soon!

I think it's great that you are doing something so healthy for you...this WOE has me feeling healthier than I've felt in all my life! :D

soon2Bfab 10-28-2005 11:33 AM

Welcome!!!

Sheba's Mom 10-28-2005 03:52 PM

:wave: Hi! Welcome to the beach. Make sure you check out the recipe section and FAQ section here. There is a lot of informaiton and the recipes are a great addition to what is in the books.

myholidayboyz 10-28-2005 11:56 PM

Welcome! :)

Marianna 10-30-2005 03:18 AM

:welcome:

Howdy... I hope that you like the forum. I am sorry to hear about your dad and I hope that he is on the mend soon.

cfoxn 11-01-2005 04:17 PM

Welcome. I've only been here a short time myself - but you know what - this really works. Absolutely check out the recipe sites here. You'll be pleasantly surprised. I've been on this going into my sixth week and I've lost 17 and have tried several recipes (they're great). You will notice almost from the beginning that you're losing weight. Good luck! This will work for you!