3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   did this happen to anyone else? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/66391-did-happen-anyone-else.html)

Amy_B 10-06-2005 11:01 PM

did this happen to anyone else?

I just started phase 1 on Monday. I had a little bit of a headache that night, but Tuesday and Wednesday were just fine. Then Wednesday night, I started to feel terrible . I had a headache again, I felt nauseous, I had chills, and I was very weak and shakey. I decided that I should probably eat something, and when I was making it I actually collapsed. I didn't pass out or anything, I think my legs just gave out on me. After I ate I felt a little better, but stil not very good. I was just wondering if this happened to anyone else. I'm thinking that maybe South Beach just isn't for me. Or maybe that phase 1 isn't for me, and I should just go straight to phase 2. Any input or suggestions?

Thanks!
-Amy

Ruthxxx 10-06-2005 11:06 PM

Please post your menu with specific quantitities and we'll take a look...I'm to bed right now but other chicks may be in.

Suzanne 3FC 10-07-2005 12:09 AM

It sounds more like the flu to me. If you still feel bad, you might want to see your doctor.

Otherwise, it is safe to go straight to Phase 2 and add some carbs back to your diet.

Please keep us updated :)

beachgal 10-07-2005 01:58 AM

Amy, how long had it been since you'd eaten when you felt like that? Sounds like really low blood sugar. :( Make sure you're eating every 3 hours, okay? Do keep us posted. :grouphug:

sarahyu 10-07-2005 08:18 AM

Many people feel headachey and tired to very tired the first few days of SBD. But that extreme weakness does sound bad. Are you eating enough and every 2-3 hours?

Yep, you need to post what you've been eating and quantities please, so we can figure out what's going on.

Sarah

kyemom 10-07-2005 09:19 AM

Sounds like you need to eat more....Eat those beans & veggies!!!

Amy_B 10-07-2005 03:43 PM

Looking back, I do think I didn't eat enough that day. I was feeling really good all day, and I was running around so much that I didn't eat very much. I guess I just really need to pay attention to that now. Thank you all for the replies!

-Amy

Cindy219 10-07-2005 03:45 PM

My friend and i did SBD and the first week by Thursday we were both super weak. i am talking we were in the car and our favorite song came on and we couldnt even sing loud we were so weak. It was at that point i switched over to WW. However, one of my other friends who does SBD said be sure to eat ALOT of protein you shouldnt feel like that bc she never does.

H-ko 10-07-2005 06:16 PM

Try using fitday.com to see how many calories you need and how many you are getting - as well as what proportions of fat, carbs, and protein. It is very important to eat enough, as you will not lose weight if you don't - plus if you can get dizzy and weak, as you found.

You should not be hungry on the SBD. You should eat about 4 1/2 cups of vegetables each day, plus adequate protein. This is not one of those starve-yourself-thin diets - it's a healthy way to live. Once you finish phase 1, you'll be gradually re-introducing fruits and whole grains back into your diet. Until then, don't just cut them out - replace them with other, healthy foods.

Try buying a large package of part-skim mozzarella string cheese for quickie snacks. Keep a stock of cut-up veggies on hand, too. Veggie soups are a great way to get your veggies in while warming up, too.

And be sure to drink your water, too - at least 64 fl ozs a day.

Good luck, and I hope you are feeling better now!

Amy_B 10-08-2005 01:04 AM

Thanks everybody for all the info. I'm feeling much much better now. I just really need to be careful and eat lots of protein and eat regularly. Thanks again!

:cool: Amy

Indiacatz 10-08-2005 09:14 AM

Amy... It is very important to eat enough and often .... I did Atkins once and that happened to me, I ate a can of peaches right away and it improved but didnt get sick. On SouthBeach, I dont get the wide swings after the first week, its great!!!!

Indiacatz 10-08-2005 09:16 AM

Amy, I carry a snack pack of almonds with me.... believe me, a handful is all you need to curb hunger ...... India