3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   I was too upset about my bloodwork results (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/66371-i-too-upset-about-my-bloodwork-results.html)

djett626 10-06-2005 03:48 PM

I was too upset about my bloodwork results

I just got the promised letter in the mail with the information on my last bloodwork.

Last time my cholesterol was 232. It is now 199.

Last time my triglycerides were 279. It is now 221.

So overall, I am thrilled. I didn't start the South Beach Diet until August 2nd. (I looked it up!) The first test was in June. From that time, I had started working on cutting out the sodas and candy. But, I didn't start doing really well on the fast food until I started SBD. So, I am now happy with the results. They are not as significant as my DH's, but still good. My triglycerides were reduced by 20%!

kyemom 10-06-2005 04:20 PM

Yaaahhhhhhh

Ruthxxx 10-06-2005 04:59 PM

Whew, Dana! Silly nurse! :nono: She should have said "It's much improved" instead of "still too high". I get my results next week when I go to the doc. The darn guy is on holidays until Thursday so my lab results will certainly be there - unless they lose them.

Hey, chickies, I'm all thrilled! My new digital camera is now working - Staples gave me bum batteries! - AND the memory card from the old dead digital works fine in the new camers. I now have my summer pics back! Yippee!

I'm going to scurry around and do some tidying and cleaning before I go to meditation class. Romano (who is Macedonian, no Czech by the way), comes early tomorrow to sand, vacuum, prime, have a coffee while the primer dries and then he will paint the whole wall with what looks like 2 cupos of leftover paint! Margo, Elaine and Bailey will arrive about the same time as the sanding cleanup! I suspect we may be having lunch at the Long Horn. It won't be a Martha day for sure!

See y'all later.

wenchybritches 10-06-2005 05:02 PM

Here's a HUGE happy dance for you Dana!!!!
:dancer::cb::dance::dancer::cb::dance:

Schatzi 10-06-2005 05:05 PM

Dana, That is TERRIFIC WORK!!!!! BRAVO for you and DH!

Ruthie: A MASSIVE MACEDONIAN MACHO MAN! Crank up the heat so he gets sweaty and hasta work bare chested :devil: ... and I'd take a lunch or dinner at Long Horns over doin the Martha any day! ENJOY!!

H-ko 10-06-2005 06:30 PM

Yay! It sounds like your doctor's nurse needs to go to school for remedial optimism studies! ;)

soon2Bfab 10-07-2005 12:07 AM

Good for you!!!

beachgal 10-07-2005 02:11 AM

Yippee, Dana!!! I think the health benefits are even more exciting than the weight loss sometimes... Enjoy!!! :dancer:

Taramoon 10-07-2005 06:08 AM

Dana....awesome! :bravo:

Someone (maybe you?) needs to have a talk with that nurse! Sounds like she needs a reminder of the power of her position and what she says to patients.

Keep it up girl!! :cb: