South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 06:38 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Hump Day Chat - September 28

A gentle wake-up this morning, Chickies! it was pretty darn noisy in here yesterday.

The Girls did the woof at Ralph routine before five this morning so I was up and downstairs in time to see a wee mouse sitting on my stove! They're back! I sometimes think I should just give up and start a mouse condo in the cellar. I could catch them and take them to the vet to be neutered and train them to do cute little tricks so we could be an act at Delta Fair. I know some of you have or had these critters as pets but they are very destructive! Most of our food is in glass containers but they usually can find something to nibble on even if it's a dog biscuit!

Today Hershey goes for her fur styling. Too bad she and Schatzi can't get a group rate! Lucy and I will hang out this morning and I'll try to catch up on things like a newslettter, two Church bulletins and some bills. I did very little of worth yesterday as I was waiting for a call re the chimney problem. Now I know it will be Friday so I'm getting on with life.

What's happening under your palm tree? (We do have palm trees, don't we? If not, we'll get the cabana boys to plant some for the winter.)
Old 09-28-2005, 07:30 AM   #2  
The Weight's Coming Off!

S/C/G: 245/245/155?

Height: 5' 6"

My corner of the beach definitely has palms! Sorry about the mice, Ruth. They are dirty destructive little things. We have problems, usually in the spring and fall. Luckily they love PB and DH doesn't mind taking care of our trapline. They freak me out, I am very proud I have not screamed in terror in front of DS anyway!
I must run, late already. Lovely cool rain this am. SO wish I could sleep in. I did take Mon off to be with my bro while he's here, so maybe James will cooperate and let me sleep one day.
Don't forget your sunscreen, palm trees don't cast much shade!
Old 09-28-2005, 07:34 AM   #3  

MMM cabana boys!
Ruth you need a cat. We have shop cats and a house cat. All our neighbours are infested with mice except us. Meow.
Yesterday was nice all around.Food was odd in amounts. I was feeling really bloated. i did get the veggies in so hopefully things will move more today. i did eat a bowl of icecream last night left over from DD's bday out of sheer "what the heck". It was 11 pm. I wasn't hungry at all. I wasn't even bored.
I watched Gilmore Girls. Luke and Lorelei remind me a lot of me and DH, it cracks me up.
I have 6 kids today and a busy evening. I go to my Grandma's( she's 95) (in London,Canada,45 min from here) to do her hair and feet, laundry... every other week.I am also going to be running a few errands and doing a few other haircuts and picking up some books i leant a friend like 2 years ago.It will be late getting home.
I delivered some Avon last night. Kids were angels. Gotta love it.
Now I am feeling a bit of guilt about my family issues because someone commented that they would give anything to be with their family for the holidays. I wish our relationship was open and genuine.sigh.
Day 3 I am aiming for no blips in the food area!!!
HUGS!!
Old 09-28-2005, 07:35 AM   #4  

HI Ottoette!!
Old 09-28-2005, 07:55 AM   #5  

Ruth, essential oils are my thang - have been using them for years, mostly for healing, but they are also good to get rid of critters in a humane way. Mice HATE peppermint oil and it spells mahvelous in the house :

Get some essential oil of peppermint and put about 10 drops on a cotton ball or peices of terracotta (break up an old pot rather than spending $ on those expensive rings) and set them around where the mice tend to enter. Be careful of one thing: the high menthol content will eat away wood varnish and thin plastic. And will burn your eyes if you're not careful

Last week my dear old cat Sammy, who can't hunt to save his life, proudly gifted me with ...a baby bunny! Right on the kitchen floor! And this morning he brought in another He must have found a nest I feel bad reprimanding him 'cause he doesn't know one rodent from another Sigh... if it's not the kids making me crazy it's the animals...

Liz
Old 09-28-2005, 08:40 AM   #6  
beachbum

Good Morning Chicks

Just want to say ADIOS AMIGOS!! DH & I are going down to N.Y. until next Tues to visit with our grandchildren. The twins are going to be 5 on Sat.,with a party of 50 kids from school.Thank Goodness its going to be held in a gym.

Well I'm up again to 152 this morning,I don't think the South Beach is working for me any longer. My doctor suggest to lower my carbs even furthur,that will put me in Phase 1/2. hehe Having a terrible time with good carbs,espeically the grains. Whenever I have them my weight goes up.My doctor choose my goal,as it would put me in the healthy BWI of 24. DON"T KNOW WHAT TO DO,as the Beach is the healthiest diet out there.

Well decided what to do when I get back from my DD's house.

Ruth-OH NO!! Now you scaring me, leaving he house for a couple of days our critters could return.We had them last year coming from under our kitchen sink.We closed the hole where they were getting in,but they can knaw another hole.

Ottoette- Hi see you later.

Hollyhock-Give your 95 grandma an extra kiss,your a lucky girl to have a grandma that age.Have a fun day.

Taramoon-Thanks for the information you gave Ruth, Going to keep this in mind just incase our critters come back.

Have a nice day and I'll be back next Tuesday. Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 09-28-2005 at 08:51 AM.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:53 AM   #7  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Hey ladies! Sept. has been a bad month for weightloss. I guess I got discouraged since after TOM I still held on to my bloating and waterweight for almot 2 weeks. Even though I was good that scale just wouldn't budge. I was eating well and I actually feel good like I have more energy and not so sluggish but the number on the scale stays the same. Oh, and my skin looks great so I know I've been eating well..that's a huge sign for me. But these past 2 days I cheated with all sorts of unmentionables and now I'm so dissapointed with myself. I guess all I can do is pick myself up and start over. On friday I'm doing a quick 2 day protein shake diet thing (with veggies) so maybe that will help me see some encouraging signs.

Hope everyone has a great day on the beach.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:08 AM   #8  

Good morning chickies!

I am doing a quick drop in! I am so busy this morning!

I had my massage last night and the my therapist said she could tell that I had lost weight. She also said that she could tell that I have been working out. The muscles around my shins were sore and I didn't even realize it until she started working on them.

Gotta go! Man it's busy!
Old 09-28-2005, 10:12 AM   #9  

This month hasn't been great for weight loss for me either. I wasn't totally OP before my camping trip and then that was lots of starches and salty stuff. The GOOD way of looking at it is that I am 2.5 pounds lower than when I got back from camp. On the other hand, I still need to loose 2.5 to get back to the beginning of September's weight. I'm not letting it worry me since I have no cravings and the weight is coming off again.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:14 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 270/212/170

Height: 5'9

Good Morning ya'll

Sneaking away from work for a moment...
Ruth...I agree I think you need to get a cat, I have 3 (they're not great mousers, very pampered) but a cat could be your answer, as long as you don't mind them bringing you their finds. They are so proud of themselves when they spit it out at your feet....it grosses me out!!!!

I am so discouraged with September!!! I stayed OP and did the cha-cha thing up and down 1-2 pounds. Never making any headway until last weekend and the scale showed 4 pounds down, well those 4 pounds are back this morning. What is going on? I'm at the breaking point, ready to say what the h***. But I know south beach worked for me up until this month, so I guess I just need some encouragement to stay OP. My short term goal is to be under 200 by Christmas. This morning I'm back to 220. I am just so frustrated.

What do you girls do when you hit this kind of plateau..how do you jump start your diet to begin losing again?

Well I better get back to work, can't make any money playing around online..
Ya'll have a great day
Old 09-28-2005, 10:54 AM   #11  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Not alot of time Busy Busy
Sept has Stunk! I started at 193 and I'm 191 depending on the day I need a kick in the buns and I'm SICK of salad and eggs!
I need to shake things up b/c DH and I have been bad out of food Boredom
Old 09-28-2005, 11:36 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 223/193/123

Height: 5'0"

Tammy -- I could have written your post this morning. Even the bit about the 3 pampered cats , one of which is busy throwing up their food as I type. He eats to darn fast for his own good. i have also yo-yo'd through September and I just can't get a handle on what I am doing wrong other than not enough exercise. I am more active than before though so I hope as I increase it I will see some results. I'm discouraged today though. We will hang tough though and get through this all together!

Well, today I feel awful . Blah -- I have horrible nausea and tummy upset and I feel just sooo tired. I also feel a bit achy today but that could be from sleeping curled around the baby last night. he is such a wonderful cuddler but it sure does a number on my back. I am unsure what all this is coming from but I have a theory. I think I was taking too much Motrin too often for the pain in my heels and it has messed up my tummy. I know better but it was the only thing that helped. I stopped taking it a week ago but I have had this nausea since then. Yuck. I guess another remote possibility would be baby related but I don't even wanna go there or think about it. I haven't even had a TOM since Logan arrived in March. Banish the thought. Blah!

Sorry for the moan but I know you all understand. i will check in later once I get the boys entertained.

Hugs to ya'll!!
Old 09-28-2005, 12:58 PM   #13  
RNMOM

Default Hello all

Morning/afternoon to all of ya! Greetings from the west. Enjoyed reading the posts this AM, I can't seem to get here any sooner, if I sit down at this computer I don't get in my run or get my bed made........Anyway, glad it's Wednesday.

Ruth, the little meese are so cute! I agree you need a coupla cats. I'm sure the dogs would adjust with a little therapy.

Sweet Tea, oh I remember the days of sleeping around a baby, no sleep at all. Hope you get feeling better...........now or in nine months.......

KO, hugs to you, September is almost over. Go treat yourself to a Tbone steak or something.

Tammy, plateaus are so discouraging. Phase 1 and water seem to help me.

Barb, good thing you aren't discouraged about your WL this month. You are SO my hero. I will be glad for the day when I can say the cravings aren't there.

djett, a massage, Oh, I feel so relaxed for you. Cool that the massage person could tell a difference. WTG

pearshape, don't be discouraged, just keep at it. You are doing better than you realize.

beachbum, I agree with you SBD is a healthy way to go. I don't know what to say about the good carb thing either, I struggle with them too.

Taramoon, your cat must be on steroids to get a bunny. My feline has decided that birds need to be presented to me....yuck.

Holly, your day sounds way full and busy. Drink lots of water, that may help the bloat.

Hi Ottette, have a great day.

Well, I'm off to get ready for the day. I was in a dilema yesterday because I was about to take a job that was way too much stress for me. I turned it down. I like what I do. I feel so much better. I'm missing Ellis.....WHERE ARE YOU LOVEY! Hi to the rest of you!
Old 09-28-2005, 01:07 PM   #14  

Howdeee Dooooooo.....

Ruth: GRRRR...FRASSIN MEESES! Taramoom -Welcometo the boards darlin..great tip about keepin meeses away...Got any idears for Toads and Frogs?
Hmm, not the best Weight loss month for any of us ! I think I'm gonna really start counting all my calories.. and stay around 1000-1200..
RNMOM: Good for you to know what you want and don't!
Sweettea: feel better !!
BB: Enjoy your visit with the grandtwins and your family..We'll still be here when you get back!

A big Wave to all you other Beachbabes!

Got back from my hair repair... Got a cut and a body wave.. hmmm, not sure yet if I like it.. but will go back in two weeks to get Color correction next.. A NEW SHATZARINA! ALrighty then.. I think I'm going to take a glass of ice tea and an apple out to the deck and read this afternoon.. LATER PerTATERS!!!!
Old 09-28-2005, 01:36 PM   #15  
Kyemom

Hey girls!! I am finally here...Longest interview of my life, especially for a 2nd. Anyway, not sure if I even want the job. I have been very good & OP...hoping to please the scale gods on Friday!!!!
Ruth- I hate Meese...YUCKY..Don't the girls chase them?
Schatzi- Did not know that you screwed up your color too...wow..bad news for the checking account!! lol
Everyone else..sorry not to respond individually..feeling a bit brain dead!! But, I hope you all have a great day.
Closed Thread