South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 04:09 PM   #16  
I found my hipbones!

Sandy--

I love, loooove, LOVE the souffle chicken. (We pronounce it "soo-ful" at our place. ) I think I made it a bit too often, though, as DH is burnt out on that recipe; I have to save it for nights when he's away. One of my recent side dish finds is in the original blue book...I think it's called zucchini ribbons with dill? Something like that. I really like the dill that that's in it, and I usually add a little extra red pepper cuz I like it spicy. Nice and phase I friendly. Also, I've been really into grilling portobellos lately...marinate in some Italian dressing and grill until tender. Mmm.

Tonight we're meeting my parents for dinner at Ruby Tuesday's, and I haven't been there since they added the health-conscious food items, so I'm anxious to try it again. Their spicy tilapia and shrimp with some steamed broccoli and mashed cauliflower looked good from their website. I'm thinking it'll be that or their top sirloin.

Enjoy your chicken!
Monica
Old 09-21-2005, 04:38 PM   #17  
Kyemom

their mashed cauliflower is awesome!!
Old 09-21-2005, 04:50 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 223/193/123

Height: 5'0"

ya'll are making me hungry!! I may have to rethink the leftovers idea and cook...

Off to sip my unsweet tea
Old 09-21-2005, 06:21 PM   #19  

all I want to know is who's coming over to cook for me? LOL
I'm too pooped to do anything. I think tonight is one of those "everyone fend for yourself" nights. That means the girls will have cereal and the BF will search through the fridge forEVER til I finally break down and kick him out and make him dinner. LOL
Old 09-21-2005, 07:27 PM   #20  
Who needs sleep?

Artichokes are fine in phase 1. There's a great, updated food list in the FAQ - you might want to have a look-see if you haven't already.

I'm making some kind of soup - something veggie and beany and with ground turkey breast seasoned like italian sausage. Salad on the side, and ww sourdough for DH and DS (I'm redoing ph1 so none for me). Possibly ff sf pudding for dessert, or maybe sf Jello. Depends on how much time I have (since Jello takes longer than instant pudding).
Old 09-21-2005, 11:08 PM   #21  
RubyJean

Oh darn. You know, ladies, confession.....I am SUPPOSED to be a computer geek!!!! ?????? All the more reason why it's shocking I just lost quite a lovely reply to all of this.

I did not end up making the dish!!! Life intervened (bugger! bugger! darn!), but I did at least try anyway with the chicken breasts I had thawing.

Thanks for all the support and suggestions and comments...

For the record, here's what got cooked on 9/21

----- Preheated oven to 350 f.
Chicken breasts were sauteed till browned in virgin olive oil (before that, pounded a bit with my hammer, sprinkled with kosher salt and freshly gound black pepper).
I removed browned pieces to a bowl, then (inspirationally (?), for the **** of it) sprinkled with a bit of fat free Italian dressing). Placed the bowl in the oven to finish.

Meanwhile, cooked a spaghetti squash in the microwave.
The "done" squash scooped and used as a base for spaghetti sauce and parmesan/mozarella (low/no/fat). My daugthers actually liked this!!!!

To be honest with you....I'm quite pooped. I feel like the meal was okay but not that great. On the plus side, I made enough extra chicken breast to use as toppings for lunch salads over the next few days.

To all the folks out there trying to cope with life, job, work, money (or the lack, thereof) and still cook a family meal at the end of the day and draw your family together... YOU GO!

I think we need to REVIEW everything!
Closed Thread