3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   I don't bounce very well (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/65073-i-dont-bounce-very-well.html)

sarahyu 09-12-2005 02:05 PM

I don't bounce very well

This is an update for the falling down the stairs thread. I finally made it to the doctor this morning and had some xrays taken-looks like I cracked a vertabra <ouch>. They are sending me to get a bone scan to check for osteoprerosis because my mom has it pretty bad. I'm thinking I just landed that hard but hey...at least I got a prescription for stronger muscle relaxers and a different anti-inflamitory.

So be very careful walking downstairs especially if you've lost a lot of weight. Your body doesn't have that extra layer of fat protecting important things. :lol: You won't bounce well either.

On the plus side, I'm back to walking and gently climbing stairs. I'm also doing some yoga and I think I'll try some pilates sometime soon. The doctor said I could do anything that didn't hurt or cause discomfort.

Sarah

H-ko 09-12-2005 08:42 PM

Ouch! You poor dear! Take it easy and get better soon.

Ruthxxx 09-12-2005 11:39 PM

Owie! Take care and take the meds. Get better soon.

Marianna 09-13-2005 05:03 AM

Oh dear... I hope that your back is better soon. Please take care.

Schatzi 09-13-2005 07:56 AM

Healing Vibes Sarah!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes

kyemom 09-13-2005 08:47 AM

Wow Sarah...take care of yourself...maybe you should wear football pads to walk around!! Get better, Hon.

2BFIT1 09-13-2005 10:21 AM

Oh, Sarah, please take it easy with you back. Sending good vibes :goodvibes:

soon2Bfab 09-13-2005 10:44 AM

Sarah...take care of yourself!!

sarahyu 09-13-2005 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyemom
...maybe you should wear football pads to walk around!!

:lol: I've thought about that especially when I came back from my sister's and found I had scraped my elbow on something... :?: I have no idea when I did that. My dh was saying the other day we should put some more padding on the stairs if I plan to do this again. :spin:

Sarah

JuliaTN 09-13-2005 12:19 PM

I saw a TV show that talked about why young teens are sometimes clumsy. It said that they hit a growth spurt and then outgrow their balance. Once their natural balance "catches up" with their new center of gravity the awkwardness subsides. Wonder if that could also happen with relatively rapid weight loss?:lol:

kyemom 09-13-2005 01:01 PM

You know, that sounds right!!

sarahyu 09-13-2005 02:01 PM

Sounds good to me! I'll go with it...even if I've been at this weight for about a year, you'd think I'd have gotten used to it by now. ;)

Sarah