3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Hump Day Chick Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/64393-hump-day-chick-chat.html)

nana21 08-31-2005 12:40 PM

Kyemom, So sorry to hear about your mom, my prayers will be with them today and for days to come

RNMOM 08-31-2005 12:55 PM

hello

Hiya chickies! Hope you are all having a good midweek day on the beach! Prayers to all of you in the hurricane affected areas. It's amazing how all of this is affecting everyone whether we're in the path or not.

So, school went oK I think, other than I'm scared. I'm taking pathophysiology online! Am I an idiot???? The other class will just be busy work. I'm so stressed out that I'm doing everything but homework. (making bread, shampooing carpets, cleaning bathrooms........... :strong: )

Anyway, I'm feeling better having been on phase 1 for a few days. The detox is the pits but it sure seems to help me get away from sugars. I'll update my ticker later.

Love and hugs to all!

anchor weight 08-31-2005 01:09 PM

Hey chickies,

I also am glad that I got to see New Orleans before Katrina. It will never ever be the same. My sister lives in Lake Charles and we haven't spoken with her yet but she is only 30 miles from the TX border so I believe she is ok. Trust me she would be the first to call or email with a supply list if she needed it. :lol: Besides feeling really bad for all those people I can't even imagine the SNAKES!!!!! I had to wear cowboy boots the whole time I was down there cause the snakes were soo bad. Now all the snakes will be fleeing the water and heading for dry ground! :(

I, for some reason, am gaining weight!!!!! I'm back to 210 this morning. I'm perfectly OP and I'm not sure what the deal is but maybe it's hormones. :chin: Not sure but I will keep on keepin on! Ellis you have a big head start now! :lol:

I have to run - hope everyone has a good day!

PHinsUP! 08-31-2005 01:23 PM

Thanks to all!
Kathy, I'm soooo sorry about your mom, but I know you are comforted with the fact that they are safe and out of Gulfport. I'll keep them in my prayers!

I ran out this morning to buy some new scrubs and the only thing that was working in the store was the lights...no air conditioning and no cash register! I was working up a sweat trying on the different scrubs! But at least I knew I had a cool home to return to! It's amazing what we take for granted!

nefarious_wytch 08-31-2005 01:33 PM

good morning everyone,

I have to say I am also devesatated by Katrina. I have a good friend who lives in the french quarter in new orleans with her two year old baby. her and i only communicate through email and I haven't been able to get a hold of her to make sure she's ok. all i can do is ask the goddess to keep her safe and hope that sometime in the near future i hear from her. It was the same with 9/11, having a friend that you can't get a hold of is really hard mentally. It's hard enough in the first place to deal with such tragedy but even more difficult when you don't have answers.

nana and susiecu -- welcome!! this board is extremely supportive and it has helped me on many occassions.

fl_mom -- i'm really sorry to hear about the situation, and I know how much it can also interfer with your dieting. i think in times of such mental exertion (and quite frequently physical exertion) you're allowed to forget about eating right. being your target weight is no good if you're too mentally exhausted to care about anything.

me, still at my job that i hate and can't get motivated to do. unfortunately, i'm also extremely nervous about going back to school. I've only been out of school for two years so its not the awkwardness of essentially doing a 180 with my life. You see, I'm a trained lawyer and I'm going to school to become a Chef. I want to get my eating habits back on track before I start school so it will be easier to resist the sweet delectables being made in the pastry classes. Its going to be hard too because you really do have to taste everything you make, and schools aren't really into making SB friendly foods. So i'm trying to balance my fear of school with my eating habits and am finding it a little difficult.

Sweet Tea 08-31-2005 02:43 PM

Kyemom -- I am soooooo sorry to hear about your parents loss. They will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Where did they evacuate to?

kyemom 08-31-2005 03:25 PM

They went to Birmingham, AL. They are trying to get closer to home today, but not sure how close they will get. All roads are still closed to traffic. Thanks for the prayers!!

weezle 08-31-2005 05:51 PM

Well, no more "squirts" but still some intestinal discomfort today. I can't necessarily blame it on the Fake Chicken.... I did have some low-sodium V8 with olives, but I can't see that doing anything to me either. I think I'm going to stay away from these fake chicken things until I feel better, and maybe on the weekend I'll try a half serving and see how I do. (At least that way I won't have to go to work!)

I lost 5 lbs yesterday, though. :D Everytime I start Ph1 over, I seem to have some sort of "purging" of everything in me. (remember last time I yarfed all day?) But besides some discomfort and a little gurgling today, I seem to be ok.

Hope I stay that way. I found out at about 2:30 today that I'm playing on the YMCA volleyball team and that we have 2 matches tonight. Whew! I'm a little rusty because I haven't played in about a year, but at least it will be some exercise. Hopefully no squirts, though. I'm debating on whether or not to eat beforehand. Probably should, but we'll see.

Hey Phins, are you a Parrot Head too? Key West used to be my "home away from home," but due to getting married and being broke, I don't get to go back until June. It will be 3 years. My parents are going in a couple of weeks. They're whining because they haven't been since JANUARY. And it was only September before that! :cry: I'm just a Boca Burger who misses Paradise.

When it comes to the tragedy going on down south, I'm all for helping out in ways that I can. I just don't want to keep watching it on TV, and hearing about it on the radio, etc. I know how to find the Red Cross, so that's pretty much all I need to know. My boss has it on TV all day long, and then when I get home, my husband turns it on because he didn't get to watch TV all day long, and I just can't do it. So, sorry to those who don't like people who "ignore" it or whatever, but there are some of us who can't handle it, emotionally. I'll support the Red Cross, but I won't support MSNBC, CNN, Fox News, etc.

How's everybody like the gas price jump again today? Probably cheap here compared to most of you all, but it's up to $3.19 a gallon, for the cheap stuff. Beginning of June, it was $1.75.

H-ko 08-31-2005 05:52 PM

Hello ladies!

Busy day - just now having a few minutes to pop in and say Hiya! MIL is coming to dinner tonight, so I've been trying to get dinner started (I modified one of my favorite slow cooker recipes - Slow Cooker Cassoulet - to be SBD friendly; it's easy and nummy!), and trying to clean a little, and trying (hardest one yet) to keep DS from destroying the universe while my back is turned. No time to read everyone's posts and say hi to each of you individually, but I'll try to get back on later after dinner to catch up, and I'll try to say hi to each of you tomorrow.

Gotta go - DS needs a nappy change, and he's got the giggles for some unknown reason! He's cracking up laughing!

Ruthxxx 08-31-2005 06:08 PM

Well, this is silly! Lucy is "getting close" according to the lab reports but her betrothed is off at a bunch of dog shows until the end of next week! Morna and I are researching a few other guys - one who looks good is Hagrid who is in Rhode Island. The two of them have now exchanged pedigrees and photos! This is so silly! I take her in for more bloodwork tomorrow at 9 and she may be flying out by the weekend if the progesterone levels are right. Such a simple thing to have puppies but.....