South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 02:30 AM   #1  

Default Another question from a newbie-- getting enough carbs on sbd

Hi!

Thank you for all your help on my question about insomnia.Here's a new one for you: how do you know if you're getting enough carbs. I've found that I am eating enough protein and fat and so I feel full a lot which is great. But how many carbs from veggies do I need every day. I know that using Atkins people lose a lot of weight but I always heard it was unhealthy because your body entered a state of ketosis which helped them break down the weight and I don't want to lose this weight unhealthily....I guess I don't want to limit my carbs accidently and harm my body.... any guidance would be great. Is it dangerous to actually lose 8-13 lbs in the first two weeks-- i know a lot is water weight but still.....Thanks!!!

Quick introduction: My name is Taylor, I'm 24 and weigh about 169 lbs now (I started out @ 199 2 years ago and lost weight doing weight watchers online). I'm 5' 8.5". I live in the sf bay area, ca. My goal weight is between 131- 141 lbs...

cheers! Taylor
Old 08-19-2005, 03:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi Taylor

We dont count the carbs on SBD, but as a guideline, during Phase 1 you should aim to eat 1/2 cup of veggies at breakfast, 2 cups with lunch, and 2 with dinner. You can also add veggies to your snacks.

You also will do well to add beans to your meals - beans are really good for you and
are a healthy carb. If you are a meat eater, check out the Taco Bake recipe in the recipes area of the Forum. Its in the Entrees for Phase 1 part. That includes beans and is yummy!

I added 3 bean salads to my meals in the evening, or would just simply sprinkle a few kidney beans onto my lunch salad etc.

Just on a personal note, the first time I tried SBD I did NOT use beans, and I felt unwell and fell off the diet at about day 8.
Beans are highly recommended on this plan!!

HTH
Closed Thread