3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Do you Ever Feel Like Giving Up??? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/62765-do-you-ever-feel-like-giving-up.html)

shortiemetoo 08-03-2005 02:19 AM

Do you Ever Feel Like Giving Up???

I'm not sure why....I have stayed on "the beach" today, but I am feeling blue and just feel like giving up :( ! I don't think it has to do with what I am eating but with other things going on in my life.
I have been in tears or close to tears all day and evening and now it just seems so hard and I just want to give up the easiest thing of all...this way of eating... :?: Not sure why this is always the thing I give up first even though health and well being is what I want the most!?
But than, finally a rational thought comes into my head and I know for a fact I am feeling better physically eating this way...
But sometimes it is just one more problem...one more thing to think about..
Sorry...had to vent...

ellis 08-03-2005 07:32 AM

Hon, don't give up! To be brutally honest, if you do, you'll end up like me and a few others here (who shall remain nameless. snicker) ... you'll be on the seemingly endless path of starting and failing... starting and failing. :(
Be strong... you can do this, girl. :grouphug:

sunkissed 08-03-2005 08:09 AM

@shortiemetoo...I feel you! I went thru a "whirlwind" yesterday and I hardly ate anything at all! I wanted to go to the grocery store and buy a bunch of chips, cookies, etc and just pig out!!! :crazy: But I did a lot of praying yesterday and last night and I feel that my mind is a little more at ease now :angel: The one thing that got me thru all of that is when I got on the scale this morning and I was down another pound! :bravo: ! So good luck to you! Be strong and get back on track!! Don't give up!! Have a great day!

Artemis__ 08-03-2005 08:27 AM

Shortiemetoo :grouphug:

I think anyone who is honest will admit to this feeling.

I'm having a bad day too, and am currently fighting an craving that I think is a result of my oatmeal this morning. I feel like getting into my car, heading to the store and just pigging out - it all seems like such an effort.

However, even if I do that, I will be back on the Beach at dinner time. I promised myself this time, no matter how many times I have to pull myself up and get back on, I will do.

Sometimes all the sensible talk and support in the world cant make you feel better . I even went to my closet and found a pair of jeans that I havent been able to wear for over a year. I tried them on and they fit perfectly - that alone should be incentive and motivation to keep me on the Beach today - but it isnt.

Dont give up hon - if you fall off, get back on.

I hope you're soon feeling better.

kyemom 08-03-2005 08:34 AM

You all can do it....Just keep thinking about how you will feel when you get to your goal weight...whatever it is that pushes you to do this. I know we all want to be healthy, but there are other things that push us to do this also. Maybe you want to be the girl that turns guys heads in a club, maybe you want to be the girl at the gym that all of the guys check out, maybe you want to be the hot mom at the soccer field, or maybe you just want your husband to say wow...and know he really means it...You can do this. There will be bad days & there will be easy days. If you eat something not OP, get back OP.....You all know we can do this..stay positive and stay OP!!!!

KimberlyHeidi 08-03-2005 08:42 AM

Hang in there and keep at it. I get those feelings at the market sometimes when I pass by one of my favorite foods or my husband is eating something I cant. Its frustrating but I know I cant fail and need to do this to get healthy.
Were here for you

little chick 08-03-2005 08:47 AM

shortiemetoo- Ellis is right we all have been there time and time again. I think the reason that you want to give up this way of eating and head off to a big bag of chips, cookies or what ever is because, dieting or this woe or what ever you want to call it, is the one thing that we have total control over, it is only us who can or can not put that something in our mouths, so when we feel stressed or confused about things we tend to self destruct our own efforts. So keep in control and just take it meal by meal or minute by minute. Do something nice for yourself like take a bath or paint your nails or just even take a few minutes to take a deep breath and dream about some beautiful little island. Hope this helps. Take care.

pearshape 08-03-2005 09:11 AM

Just hang in there! Ups and downs are part of life and will always happen. I can already tell you've made huge strides since even though you wanted to quit and give up, you didn't! That's the difference between then and now! That's huge, girl! Keep going, you're doing great! :)

KimberlyHeidi 08-03-2005 12:08 PM

little chick great ideas!

jenne1017 08-03-2005 12:55 PM

hey Ellis! My ears were ringing and I logged on and lo and behold, you were talking about me!! :)

Start and fail are my middle names. That's not to say that I am not eating better and am better for it, but I am not a champion either...

Hey LC -- thank for mentioning my weakness -- CHIPS! :)

sarahyu 08-03-2005 01:03 PM

Are you in phase 1? I went through a teary period in phase 1, along with an angry phase. DH thought I needed professional help or least Hershey help, he offered to go buy me a chocolate bar.

We all go through phases in the great weight loss roller coaster, with high days and low days. Keeping posting here and we'll help you on the low days and on your high days you can help someone else.

Just don't give up completely. It's ok to flounder a little here and there back come back as soon as you can, even if you feel like a complete failure. You won't be and we'll help you see it.

Lots of love your way,
Sarah

proudmother 08-03-2005 01:15 PM

I felt like giving up during PI several times. Even now that my weight loss is stalling I think about giving up and eating the junk my co-workers eat. But then I focus on how much i've accomplished since starting SB instead of just the last few days and i realize that this is what I want/need to do.

please don't give up because i need you!

shortiemetoo 08-03-2005 11:32 PM

(((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))), thank you to every one!!! I stayed on the beach, and didn't falter....Reading all of your posts makes me so happy that I didn't...I prayed and thought about it and knew that I would only be letting myself down...not anyone else!!
I am so sorry I whinned, but as soon as I finished that post I was able to end my pity party and get on with the act of life itself!!
Thank you to one and all!!
I am not on phase 1...I dieted (low cal) for two weeks prior to starting south beach and lost 10 pounds...since starting and now on phase 2 I have lost another 7 or so pounds...but I didn't weigh this week as I am a slow loser and get discouraged...so I am focusing on my health issues first and will weigh next Monday after two weeks...hopefully to a good surprise!! ;)
Thank you again one and all!! You made me smile and want to keep on trying even harder!!!!
((((((((Hugs and thanks again)))))))))

shortiemetoo 08-03-2005 11:33 PM

I also have the most awesome buddy here!!! Sheba's Mom, thanks so much! You really made my day so much better!!!! :D

kyemom 08-04-2005 08:51 AM

Shortie, I too am a slow loser....It gets very discouraging sometimes....We need to stick together & win this battle.