South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 11:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 248/248/170

Height: 5'7"

Default water weight remedies?

I live in AZ, I have been drinking a lot of water but, I am retaining a lot, I can't get my wedding ring on, any suggestions, I read lemon juice helps, you just add 1/2 lemon to water , but is that ok on P1 any other suggestions?

Thanks

Lynne
Old 07-28-2005, 11:48 AM   #2  

I don't know if adding lemon helps but it is allowed on phase 1. I would suggest you take a close look at how much sodium you have been eating.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:51 AM   #3  

Hi Lynne, you can have lemon on p1 from what I was told. I use it alot in my cooking and used it often when I was on p1. I also tend to retain water but I never heard that lemon juice helped to reduce it, I will have to start adding it to my water and see if it makes a difference for me!!!
Old 07-28-2005, 12:17 PM   #4  
going places

I'm the queen of water retention...there are times i can't distinguish my ankles from my calves! The body is telling us something when it retains that water. It's a matter of figuring out what it is.

I guess my question would be how much water are you drinking? In my opinion the recommended eight 8oz glasses a day are not enough. I recommend 100 oz a day or more. When I drink at least that much I never have a problem with retention unless it's TTOM...and even then it's not as bad as it could be. Caffiene and sodium intake can also have a play on retention. On that note I need to start practicing what I preach because I've been slacking on the water these last few days and I'm retaining water bad! Where did my ankles go?

Keep chugging that water, Hon!
Old 07-28-2005, 03:17 PM   #5  

I have problems retaining water too. I usually would wake up everyday with huge bags under my eyes, and if I ate salty food the night before I would look like someone punched both of my eyes they would be so swollen. However since I've started SBD I've looked pretty marvelous in the morning! I would recommend drinking more water, cutting out extra salt and sodium, and eating more veggies.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:19 PM   #6  
going places

I just saw on FITtv a recomendation that a person drink half of their body weight in ounces of water daily (if you weigh 200 then drink 100 oz)...and add even more if it's hot out. That would translate to about 115 oz a day for me.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:43 PM   #7  
Kyemom

I think I will float away!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-28-2005, 04:46 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I just want to say that I love kyemom's signature! The sugar comment is priceless!

Oh and green tea and vitamin B ... for the water, I mean. I can't remember where I got that bit of info. Probably on the web somewhere
Old 07-28-2005, 04:47 PM   #9  
Kyemom

Thanks Susan!! I only speak the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-28-2005, 09:44 PM   #10  

I have been retaining water at attrocious rates...I understand cankles (calf ankles) and I sometimes have thankles too (thigh ankles..)
I drink a lot of water...went to the dr...found out I have mild kidney disease. So advice...drink a lot of water...the 100 oz a day is what she recommends, elevate my feet three times a day...watch the sodium! Which I do...
Good luck!
Old 07-29-2005, 12:36 AM   #11  

I know what you mean, I feel like im gonna blow away with all the water!
Old 07-29-2005, 01:51 AM   #12  

I agree with Barb, take a close look at your Sodium intake...I don't know what the recommended daily intake is..but with being on SB,and reading the labels now, theres a whole lot of sodium in foods.. My weight loss stalled because I was consuming way tooo much sodium without realizing it until I put my food thru fitday.
Closed Thread