South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 09:04 PM   #1  

Default SBD dinner wraps

Saw these at the market tonight and was told they just came out. They look really good but I have a while before I can eat em
Old 07-21-2005, 10:42 PM   #2  

These aren't the lunch wraps you're referring to are they? I know they have four varieties and a jello snack in them. However, if they came out with a dinner variety of wraps then I'm all over that. I happen to enjoy all of the SBD products from Kraft.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:09 PM   #3  

Not sure. I thought they looked more like dinner but they maybe lunch. I was told the SBD products are not to be used all the time either just sometimes. It all looks so good but I havent tried anything except the cookies which was before I started SBD.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:14 AM   #4  

I think I read somewhere here that there is a 2 product a day limit on SBD products.

I've tried just about every single one of their products and enjoy them all. I especially love their pizzas. I had tried out some of the items before I started phase 1, so they're on hold for me right now too.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:24 AM   #5  

I saw the pizza the other day and wanted it so bad. I am doing phase #1 for 4 weeks though so I have a ways to go! Where are you in phase #1?
Where did you hear the 2 a day limit? I heard only a few times a week.
Old 07-22-2005, 08:50 AM   #6  
Tina

Kimberly, why are you going to do phase 1 for four weeks hun? phase 1's whole point is just to get ride of the cravings...two weeks is sufficient. And, if you're looking at it from the weight loss standpoint, after about a week and a half on phase 1, I've heard just about everyone say that the weight loss stalled for a week or two or significantly slowed down. IMO, no reason to 'torture' yourself,

On the wraps, I love two of the varieties...the southwest one and oh shoot, can't remember the name...but the other one w/the chicken and dressing. I also love the pizzas!
Old 07-22-2005, 09:35 AM   #7  

Height: 5'-2"

Just a wee warning... devouring too many of these products MAY slow down your weight loss.
Some of us are still baffled as to why Dr.A would yield to Kraft and in doing so, abandon his original stance on only eating "real" foods. Could it be... gasp... the lure of MONEY!?!?
If Ruth were here, she'd yell, Frankenfoods!!!
Old 07-22-2005, 09:37 AM   #8  

Tina- Do you use the wraps for lunch or dinner or both? They looked pretty yummy.
I read if you have a lot of weight to lose Dr A says its ok to stay on phase #1 for 4 weeks. I will see how everything goes and then decide.
Have a good day!
Old 07-22-2005, 12:14 PM   #9  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Why not make your own wraps ladies??? I do and they are yummy! Better than being over processed in a box

I use a Whole Wheat wrap or a low-carb wrap if the ingredients are ok -- then add a bit of mayo if I use FF turkey and some mustard (or hummus which is just as yummy), slice up a pickle and put some shredded cheese, red peppers, and lettuce on there.

I make quesedillas with LF cheese, vegetarian refriend beans and the Perdue short cuts as well (I fold one wrap in half and use it as my tortilla). Yummy! I can't wait to go food shopping next week!
Old 07-22-2005, 12:19 PM   #10  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Oh and Kimberly, I tried 3 weeks my first time on Ph1 and I faultered, big time. I got so tired and cranky about not being able to eat REAL food that I lost it. And it took me a year to get back on the train...

I would do 2 weeks. Then Phase 2 and you will still lose if you have a lot to lose...
Old 07-22-2005, 03:08 PM   #11  

Jenn thanks for the info! Its so convient for me personally to have something already made. I dont like spending the time to make everything all the time and they look so yummy! Yours sound good too! As far as phase 1 and 2 they arent that different right? Isnt phase 2 just very small amounts of some fruit and whole grains? I am still waiting on my sbd to come in the mail!
Old 07-23-2005, 08:36 AM   #12  
Tina

Kimberly, I'll eat them either for lunch or dinner, doesn't really matter. In fact, most times I try to actually eat my larger meal for lunch, something smaller or less fattening at dinner (such as a really lean chix/turkey breast and greenbeans or something), not sure if it makes a difference or not, but I'm still losing, so whatever, . I've read a lot of people don't care for the frozen or the prepackaged stuff...but it hasn't hindered me any and I'm STILL eating so much better than I was, it is convenient, and frankly I'm no Chef, a lot of it just tastes better then when I've tried to make my own. I particularly like the seasoned chicken that comes with the Southwest wraps. Could I do it all on my own...sure, But, it would be more pricey and much more time consuming.

One thing though, I don't eat two in a day. At the most one item a day...either a wrap or the pizza typically. Also, if you find you really like the item, I purchase coupons via ebay for them...last time I got 20 $1 off coupons for just over $2. So this saves me even more $.
Old 07-23-2005, 08:36 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

Kimberly, here is the list of Phase 2 foods

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49549

There are lots of foods there that are ok to re-introduce after P1. You dont bring them back all at once of course!

I'm starting P2 Monday and I plan to introduce oatmeal or some other high fibre sugar free cereal at breakfast, along with some good protein. I will also try a fruit later in the day.
If I'm ok with that, I'm going to try a slice of SBD friendly bread at lunch time during the following week.

I've just been reading the P2 tips at the FAQ area of the SBD forum and there is some really helpful info in there!
Old 07-23-2005, 04:15 PM   #14  

Twiceblessedmom: That is a good idea. I got all my SBD books off ebay and did see a lot of those coupons. I am really wanting to try the SBD pizza as I miss pizza so much. Then I saw the wraps the other day and was like omg they look so good.

Artemis: Thanks so much for that link!
Old 07-23-2005, 05:26 PM   #15  

Kimberly, I bought the SB pepperoni pizza.. the crust is sweeter ..I guess cuz its WW, but otherwise, I liked it and it satisfied my pizza craving... well worth the money for a special treat....
Closed Thread