South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 11:24 AM   #16  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

HI y'all!

I posted the CRS thread, but wanted to tell you more about me....

I'm 40 and in a long term relationship with a handsome fella Last year I was on a liquid fasting diet and lost 70 pounds....along with some of my hair! Needless to say, I had to find a different diet. I gained back 50 of the 70. I tried to go just low cal for about a month, and only lost 6 lbs altogether.

A couple of weeks ago, my doctor told me I have insulin resistence. That diagnosis, coupled with my mother's diabetes diagnosis, gave me the kick in the butt I needed. My doc prescribed the South Beach Diet, since it is the best one for IR women.

What I have discovered is...SB is a way of eating--something to do for life. I am learning more and more about it every day, and feeling better each day. That, coupled with daily exercise, is going to get me where I need to be.

I'm so glad to find a good support place!

Last edited by Jen415; 07-05-2005 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Clarification
Old 07-05-2005, 11:38 AM   #17  
RNMOM

Default Hello all!

It was great to read all the posts! Wow, stay away from this place for a week and you don't know anyone!!!!

I survived girls camp. Came home sunburned and exhausted, then I got to work in the ER Saturday, Sunday and Monday. We were slammed. I'm barely functional today, but need to kick it in gear to find the end of the laundry mountain.

Sounds like you're all doing well with the poundage thing. I'm avoiding the scales for this week.

Have a great day on the beach.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:44 AM   #18  
Addicted to Reading

Howdy beachers,

I'm actually glad to be done with the holiday weekend. I stayed on program pretty well...even managed to do alright in a restaurant, my first restaurant experience while on the beach! However, we had my in-laws over for the 4th and, of course, they brought all kinds of no-no foods (gulp!) I managed to give in only once when they made homemade peach ice cream. I have a very hard time saying no to ice cream.

Still, I weighed in this morning and I'm down 10 lbs since I started! Yeah!

Now to go edit my signature!
Old 07-05-2005, 12:59 PM   #19  
GARDENING ADDICT

Welcome Jen I think you will really like the benefits of the SB way of eating.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:32 PM   #20  

Hey! I started my new job as a nanny...been running, running, running all day until now, the toddler is asleep and the six year old is having "quiet time"....

I've done perfectly today though....I'm only allowing myself to get on the scale 2 days a week now, so we'll weigh in tomorrow and then on Sunday. Wish me luck!
Old 07-05-2005, 02:48 PM   #21  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Hi chicks!

I haven't posted yet because I haven't found my way back to the beach yet. Tomorrow I return to phase I since I've been acting very badly. How ever my standing rib roast was a huge success and I didn't burn it. I hate it when everyone has no faith in my cooking.

My assistant is breaking up with her boyfriend and is moving out and he is freaking out calling work every 5 minutes. She is in my prayers cause he is a control freak and I fear for her safety while packing.

I made an appointment with a personal trainer at a local fitness center. I meet with them on Thursday. I'm pretty excited about it. I was honest and told her I bore easily. So keep it exciting.

See ya all on the beach tomorrow. I'll be washing up fat and bloated.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:50 PM   #22  
beachbum

Hi Chicks

Hope everyone had a nice 4th of July Weekend Even though is was quite day for us we still celebrated by having BBQ Baby Back Ribs YUMMMMMM!! along with SB baked bean. Saw the fireworks on T.V. as the beaches were too crowded with tourist

Schatzi- Kyaking takes alot of rowing,and a great exercise for the arms & shoulders.Sorry you had to do it alone.Some time DH's can be that way, I'm lucky My DH doesn't have that problem. I do.[very moody at times]

Mamacita- Congrat on your one pound loss over a holdiay & vacation your doing great.

Jenn-Sorry about your cold & summer is the worst time to catch one. Take some Vit c and zinc lozangers for a bad cold.

Ellis-I know what your going though , we just got rid of junk collected in the basement since the last 8 years. and we had 3 bags for the garbage and 5 for the dump. I'm a horter and must clean out every 5 years.

Kyemom-Congrats on your 3 lb weight loss.

Lynda-losse clothing is good. doing a happy Dance for you.

To be fit-Taking soda instead of alcohol is a plus+++++++++it will show on the: scale.

Love- congrat on your pound, I have to beat my scale up,so I see results

Jen- Welcome to the beach You'll be amazed what good results you have with it way of eating.

Barb- Big congrat again, on being exercising queen. You a great exerciser.Wow!! 102 F How do you keep cool in take type of heat.

RNMom-Welcome back,I know what you mean this thread runs fast.I sure you did Ok, weightwise.If not, you know what to do return to [[Phase1]] Like all of us.

Klibraian-Great Job. You kept your loss,after being tempted with the nonos

Have a nice day Hugs BB
Old 07-05-2005, 05:50 PM   #23  
RNMOM

Default ya beach bum

I'm returning to phase 1 tomorrow. I'm way too addicted to the sweets again and phase 1 seems to be the thing that detoxifies me. So I'll be a Wednesday restarter! Yeesh and the watermelon and cantalope are sooo goooood right now!
Old 07-05-2005, 10:17 PM   #24  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Hello all

I'm new to the beach and so far I'm lovin it! I have just completed my 3rd day and have lost 7 pounds so far. I know it's mostly water weight but I'll take it. I have been doing Weight Watchers off and on for the past 10 years and finally decided to try something different since I could never get past a 20 pound loss. I am looking forward to getting to know you all and seeing you succeed with your weight loss goals.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:43 PM   #25  
A Lily from my yard!

Yeah I know it's late and no one will probably read this but I just now washed ashore! The tide got a hold of me and I was caught in a wave! lol Sounds like a pretty busy w-end for all y'all chickies. I'm headin to bed....GoodNight all!

Welcome to all the newbies...Hopefully I'll get to know you all soon!
Old 07-06-2005, 06:01 AM   #26  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Of course we read your posts, Bamie! We miss you.
Closed Thread