South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 04:19 PM   #1  

Default Wow...Do I feel stupid? Yes!!!

Hello everyone, I think I just posted a question I had on the wrong section of the south beach board...lol I am still a little lost here as I just found this awesome site last night...and stayed up too late finding/writing recipes down! But it was so worth it as I made mock french toast today and it was fantastic...didn't have sugar free syrup and didn't need any!!
Anyway...I am shortiemetoo/Karla and I want to thank all of you for this awesome website and all the great ideas that are here!! I have really enjoyed it so far!! I love south beach and luckily I have not cheated once in the past 14 days!!! I think that may change soon.......
I am on my last day in phase 1 and will start transitioning to phase two tomorrow. In 10 days I am leaving town for a 6 day amusement park adventure!!
I know I am supposed to add carbs slowly and am planning on doing that for the next 9 days, but I think it will be a little harder at the park. I am planning on possibly having fresh fruit 2 and possibly 3 times daily, even though I should barely be at two servings daily and grains 2 to three times daily even though I should also be only at two servings a day of those.
We are going to eat out most meals, however I would like to bring breakfast for most of my days as I want to eat early before entering the park.
I have plenty of choices for most meals and already know what I want for most meals since I have checked the website menus for all the restaurants. I may not be perfect, but I will try to be as good as possible.
I was considering bringing hard boiled eggs and making the baked chilli pie and having that a few mornings. I also bought Kraft South beach foods, cookies, crackers and breakfast bars in case I really want a treat and hopefully that way will be able to resist the amusement park goodies!!
I know there will be a couple of meals that I will stray...I will have vegetable gumbo and salad one meal...I'm sure it has flour to thicken it; and I am going to a very haughty tauty rest. for my birthday one night and it is not very south beach friendly...so I will try to do my best there.
The one product that I love...and I bought before starting south beach in Dannon light and fit smoothies. I am going to post the ingred. list here and am hoping that you can tell me if this is an ok choice for breakfast with a hardboiled egg...or a kraft breakfast bar. Thank you and I'm sorry this is so long winded...hopefully I found the correct board to post this on now!

Light 'n Fit Smoothie Strawberry Banana
Serving Size: 7 fl oz; 207ml

Amount Per Serving

% DV*
Calories 70
Calories from Fat 0
Total Fat 0g 0%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Cholesterol < 5mg 1%
Sodium 70mg 3%
Potassium 240mg 7%
Total Carbohydrates 13g 4%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Sugars 12g
Protein 5g 10%
Vitamin A 10%
Vitamin C 4%
Thiamin (Vitamin B1) 4%
Riboflavin 20%
Vitamin B6 2%
Vitamin B12 10%
Biotin 0%
Iron 0%
Vitamin D 15%
Calcium 15%
Phosphorus 15%
Magnesium 4%
Pantothenic Acid 4%
Zinc 4%
Selenium 0%

Not a significant source of vitamin C

*%DV means % Daily Value based on a 2000-calorie diet

Ingredients:

Nonfat yogurt [cultured grade A nonfat milk, contains less than 1% of modified corn starch, whey protein concentrate, pectin, agar-agar, vitamin A palmitate, vitamin D3], water, strawberries, fructose, apple puree, banana puree, contains less than 1% of modified corn starch, natural flavor, sucralose (SplendaŽ brand), potassium sorbate (to maintain freshness), malic acid, red 40, blue 1, annatto extract (for color), sodium citrate. Contains active yogurt cultures including L. acidophilus.

I can't thank you all enough and hope that I can perhaps return the favor at a later time!!! Thanks!!
Old 07-04-2005, 08:37 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

We all do it so don't feel stupid.
Closed Thread