Pulled Pork without a Crockpot??

• I posted this ? under the recipe section but it got "lost in the sauce" (hehe,corny, ain't I)..I can't find my crock pot, can you do a slow cook in the oven...if so, same 6 hours at ?? 200 degrees?
  • Schatzi, I asked my friend Michelle (who literally could be a gourmet chef) and she said yes you can. It has to be ALL day though (at least 8 hours), covered, with a lot of juice and on 175.

Does that help?

Kel
  • Will you please post the pulled pork recipe for me for the crock pot?

tennie
  • Thankyou so much Kel and to your friend Michelle!

MZ: Here's the post!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45152
  • Schatzi,

If you don't want to heat your house up by using the oven to cook the pulled pork you can also "braise" it on a BBQ. Of course you will need to put it in a disposable pan, cover with foil and keep a close eye on the tempature (much easier if you have a gas grill). My mom makes an awesome pulled pork on the BBQ using this method, actually I think it is an Al Roker recipe.
  • Thanks Nilla, now I have 2 alternatives to the crockpot! Each time I go food shopping I pick up ingredients that I dont have to try more recipes... I think I'll make the Pulled on Sunday.... and perhaps Barbs Strawberry pie if I'm feeling Betty Crockerish!
  • thank you so much
    You are the best. I will try this. Looks delicious !!

Quote: Thankyou so much Kel and to your friend Michelle!

MZ: Here's the post!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45152
  • another ?
    Do you have a good bbq sauce recipe?
  • Hi MZ: I did a quick search on the sites and didnt find anything... It may be out there..but the search brought back too many to review....
    I had a hard time finding a bottled sauce that is low in sugar and all those partially hydrogenized stuff...BUT.. I found one that is absolutely fantastic! I use it all the time on grilled chicken and pork:
    It's called Carb Options original BBQ sauce by Lawry's.(Has a blue label) . It has 10 calories per 2 tbsps.
    0 fat, 0 sugar, 0 protein, 3 carbs, 340mg sodium.
  • Hi MZ - My husband is a BBQ sauce fanatic. He really likes the BBQ sauce in the SBD Cookbook. It is really easy to make and although I don't really care so much for BBQ sauce I really like it also. If you don't have the cookbook I would be happy to put it on here for you I'm just not sure that it is OK to do that. Maybe one of the monitors can let us know.
  • Yummy! Thanks for the recipe. I'll have to try it soon.
  • No problem posting recipes from the SBD cookbook. Be sure to tell us where it's from though for our own info. Recipes are not copywright protected although other writing is.