3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Torrid Thursday Chat - June 20 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/60576-torrid-thursday-chat-june-20-a.html)

Ruthxxx 06-30-2005 03:39 AM

Torrid Thursday Chat - June 20

No change in the weather after yesterdays t-storm and my rain dance but I'm just ignoring the whole thing. Right now The Girls are barking up their own storm so I'll go deal with them, make coffee and be back.

How about iced coffee or tea on the deck this morning? You can leave your clothes on! :lol3:

a broad abroad 06-30-2005 04:03 AM

It's already torrid this early, Ruth?

All this talk about running around in birthday suits is really hitting close to "home."
As you all know the Europeans have a much less modest view of their bodies and it really comes to light in the summer, when the clothes come off.

** warning - possible TMI **

For those who don't know, most private homes/places over here don't have air conditioning. Of course, its summer now and folks are wearing the BARE minimum to cover the family jewels. The other day my friend and I were on the phone making plans for dinner. During the conversation we bagan comparing notes on how hot it was and we both stated that we were lounging about the house in our underwear with the fans blowing directly at us. OK, thats the Americans in their undies.

The other day my German neighbor lady, a middle aged mom/wife, was out watering her garden - in a white tank top and thin, white nylon panties. It was hot and a bit humid and lets just say visibility was about 80%. My husband and I were outside checking on our tomato plants (we put our clothes on to go outside!!) and he wanted to go fill up the watering can, but the tap was right next to where the neighbor was standing, so he decided to wait until she had gone back inside to get our water. THATs the Europeans in their undies!!

That may not live up to "torrid" but I bet you were entertained!

Schatzi 06-30-2005 06:13 AM

HaHa, Good story Abroad! My Motto, Let it all Hang out!(cept in my case , way too much hangin goin on yet!)... Looks like the time thingy on these posts is still outta whack.
Not much going on for me today.. I plan to get in a 3-4 mile walk this morning before it gets too hot and humid. We had some great Tstorms last night.. DH and I were watching a show called The Insider.. and wouldn't ya know, in the last 10 minutes of a good show, the satelite dish went wonky. Hate when that happens.

Have a great day all! :sunny:

Ruthxxx 06-30-2005 06:15 AM

Time thingy was just fixed. I still have not got my coffee!

little chick 06-30-2005 07:18 AM

Hi chicks. I am back, had a crashed computer..... dh was just about ready to admit me somewhere as I was going through withdrawl. :) Love the naked and nearly naked stories, it is raining here wish I could run around in the buff but the neighbours are a little to close. Hope everyone is doing well I have not read all the past post yet. We have a long week end starting tomorrow and my family is getting together at my Brother's trailer with my sister her family and my mom there will be 14 of us all together. Speaking of the week end I must go start getting packed. I will check in again later as it is rainy here and I won't be plunked at the beach today ( the real beach that is) :)

little chick 06-30-2005 07:27 AM

Hey girls I just found a neat site that you might find interesting.
http://www.mealsmatter.org/index.aspx

Eleni 06-30-2005 07:34 AM

Good morning, It sounds like we are not only one with storms going on.One thing about Florida is either we get no rain or too much rain. It is suppose to rain all week. usually sun comes up for short time but it was sure wet yesterday,And dreary looking this morning. Tonight is weigh in and I have no idea where scale will be. It has been all over the place. I have been in a not good mood lately. I have given up potatos,bread,pasta and sweets and exercise everyday and scale just laughs at me this week. Oh well
I bought some of the philly popsticks someone suggested .I didn't like them at first but they grow on you. Public grocery store carries them.
Can't get in pool today so will dig out my Richard Simmons sitting tape which is good.Have a great day.
I tried to imagine myself watering my plants in undies. :o :lol: Not a pretty picture :lol: :lol:
PS Ruth I loved your story of standing in rain in birthday suit.Good for you.

Bamiegurl 06-30-2005 07:54 AM

a quick drive by. I have to sew the button back on DS shorts. He seems to have nothing else to wear! Paleaze! Just wanted to say hello and it is hot down here as well!

Abroad...Maybe my sister is European! Only she runs around like that even with ac! lol

Good Day All!

fl_mom 06-30-2005 08:36 AM

I am officially tired of the rain. Seriously for those folks that have never been to Washington state, we were in Everett and it rains here in Fl more than it EVER did there!! We do have more sun here though so I guess some days that's ok.

I went to the grocery yesterday so now I have no excuse not to stay OP. Not that I had an excuse before but now I really can't blame anything so I had better kick my butt back to the beach and be strict about it.

brandyns_moom 06-30-2005 08:50 AM

I've been bad

:rain: I'm so jealous of all of you getting storms. I love storms. They keep predicting storms here and it never happens. So disappointing. There's an 80% chance of severe storms tonight so we might get a sprinkle or two. :rain:

I've been a bad girl. :devil: I had a small strawberry cheesequake blizzard from Dairy Queen last night. :nono: What's wierd is that I love those things, but I didn't care much for it last night. This diet has really changed my taste for food or something. Plus I just felt awful after eating it. :barf: Guess I won't be doing that again any time soon. I'm going on vacation the end of July. I'll probably mess up alot then. We'll see.

Hope you all have a wonderful day! :D

Toodles
Christine :moo:

soon2Bfab 06-30-2005 08:58 AM

Morning all (clothed & naked!)
Scale is still being my #1 enemy. I wasn't going to exercise on phase I, but I'm thinking I'm going to have to get something friendly out of my scale....I know it's only day 2!
I have some addresses to look up for some thank you cards & I work at 2:00 today....
hope everyone has a great OP day!!

Sassygal 06-30-2005 09:08 AM

** selfish post warning **

:cb: :dancer: :cheer: :goodscale

I made my June goal... I made my June goal...

Which is REALLY unexpected considering my exercising went by the wayside within the first part of the month.

Now only imagine what I can do in July if I keep up my exercising!!

Ok... back to daily chatter... I'll get to work now.

jenne1017 06-30-2005 09:33 AM

Don't be jealous of storms!! Geesh I got SOAKED last night!
:rain: :rain: :rain:
(will make a 3FC journal entry about that one soon!) as did my car :( Darn not having A/C and having windows rolled down while I was at the store and eating!!!

Have a good day ladies. I am going to go ask my boss if I can leave a bit early on Friday to prep for the proposal!!!

jenne1017 06-30-2005 09:39 AM

Congrats Sassy!!!

I will weigh in tomorrow but as of yesterday was down to 191.8

PHinsUP! 06-30-2005 09:56 AM

Congrats Sassygal....on meeting you goal!!!! :dancer:
I came close on my weightloss goal, but not my exercise goal.
I only needed 1 more lb to meet this months goal!

I think I would fall on the floor laughing if my neighbor was outside in their undies watering the garden!!!!!
although, I'd love to live far enough out of town to be able to go to my mailbox in my undies if I wanted to!
I have been skinny dipping tho in recent years!!! My dad lives on the river, and my DH and I stripped off one night (late) and jumped in!!

I actually made it to the gym last night and had a very good workout....then my DH and I had to go to my brother's house and help him set up some tents...not camping tents, the kind you use for an outdoor event....we set up a 10x10 and a 20x20..my bro is having a big party on Saturday night, & on Sat. morning, I've gotta go out there and help him set up the dance floor!! We're gonna have a rockin good time!!! I wish you all lived closer, you'd all be invited!!!

Well, I've gotta get off here, and go shave my legs...I have an appointment for a massage!! woo hoo....I can't wait!!!!!

Summerlover 06-30-2005 10:02 AM

Newbie on the beach!

Hey ladies! I hope there is some space for me to place my beach chair.

I have been with 3FC for a couple of years, and I've lost and gained in search of the right diet. I began South Beach Diet on Monday, 6/20/05. I have lost 8 pounds so far. For the past 4 days, I have stalled, possibly because I have my period. Also, because I reinjured a foot I broke 2 years ago. I am seeing a chiropractor for it, and began swimming yesterday to get some activity in.

I am a 40 year-old married mother of a 7 year-old girl. I live in a town on the coastline of Connecticut. I teach public preschool in an inner-city school district, work at the after-school program with kindergartners, and attend grad school in pursuit of my master's degree. I am taking the summer off from everything except being a mommy and wife. During the school year, the stressors were too high for me to diet successfully. Finding time to exercise was challenging although I did manage to get in two or three days a week during the less busy times (not too many of those). I have a major sweet tooth, and went overboard whenever there was cake around for a party which was at least a couple of times a week.

My original weight gain came on following the death of my mother when I was 22. However, I didn't ever go over a size 14, and just yo-yo'ed throughout my 20's. The major weight gain came when I was trying to conceive. It turns out that I have endometriosis and as a result, I was labelled "infertile." So, I had tests, procedures, operations, and millions of hormone shots in my butt. These hormones added to my weight. The stress of trying desperately to become pregnant added to my weight. I tried In Vitro Fertilization after being given a 13% chance of ever conceiving. Thousands of dollars later, I became pregnant with twins. One of the twins didn't make it to term, but I got my girl...my precious daughter. I had a very difficult pregnancy, and I gained a lot of weight. I am now a size 18/20 wishing I was a 10/12.

So, here I am making a fresh start to finally lose all the weight I gained in the process of mourning/taking hormones/being pregnant/overindulging.

I hope you will support me as I plan to support all of you.

Schatzi 06-30-2005 10:06 AM

WElcome Summer... Glad 2 have you aboard!
You'll get lots of :grouphug: :goodvibes here on the Beach!

Schatzi 06-30-2005 10:09 AM

I'm back... I did a 4 mile walk this morning! Now I am off to shop... gonna get the ingredients for that Pulled Pork and Barb's Strawberry Pie...
Later GAtors...Keep my blanket out! :cool:

anchor weight 06-30-2005 10:17 AM

Morning all!

Congrats to everyone who made their goals. I don't think I even came close but it is my fault. :lol: Maybe July will be better.

Today is my late day and I don't have time to post to everyone but Abroad that story is hilarious! :lol:

Have a good day chicks!

freckledfrog 06-30-2005 10:28 AM

Welcome Summer!!

soon2Bfab 06-30-2005 10:40 AM

Welcome Summer....hi anchor!

Sheba's Mom 06-30-2005 10:49 AM

:wave: Hi Summer welcome to the Beach!!

:bravo: Congrats to everyone who has met their goal this month!!! :cb:

jenne1017 06-30-2005 10:58 AM

Welcome Summer!!! :)

Ruthxxx 06-30-2005 10:59 AM

Welcome Summerlover - great name!

Please post your weightloss results in the June Results thread so I don't miss anything. Remember there is one more day before you need to weigh.

I'm back from picking up schoolwork and am now about to deal with a blocked toilet. I suspect Lucy may have dropped a bone in there! She is completely insane even for a Portuguese Water Dog!

KristinJ 06-30-2005 11:26 AM

Good morning everyone! Welcome Summer, the chicks here are REALLY supportive so post often.

I'm a little nervous about today, I'm going to a friends for lunch. I know it's chicken being served but I'm not sure what else and I know that my resolve is still weak. I'm making cheese stuffed beef rolls for supper tonight. I can do this!

I'm not sure what is up with my male cat -- during the storms here in Winnipeg yesterday both my cats were startled by a loud clap of thunder and ran off and hid. WHen they finally came out of hiding, the male cat is extremely touchy and constantly growls and hisses at the female. It's coming up on 24 hours now and is driving me nuts! Sarah just looks at me as if to say, "what did I do mommy?" every time Bebe starts up.

I'm off to spend some time on my stability ball before I get in the tub. Here's to having more SUN on the beach!

Kristin

CA85 06-30-2005 11:33 AM

Good morning! Good news and bad news...we'll get the bad news out of the way first...I do NOT like my new job. The good news, the job, although kind of miserable, is only 8 weeks long and will require me to be busy and on my feet every day! (Constantly moving, plus no time to think about how much I want a PB&J!:))

klibrarian 06-30-2005 11:40 AM

I don't know how you guys do it! It's only 8:30 am here and you already have 2 pages of posts. How am I going to keep up?

I'm feeling great! My husband has been away on business and he came home last night. So, last night was the first time that I had to try to stay on SB when he was home. It was no problem! I made a great little stirfry which was plenty for me and made just enough rice for him. I also made some egg flower soup...I really might start making that every day. It's totally easy and having a little soup at the beginning of the meal helps me fill up. Then we had sugar free fudgesicles later that evening. He thinks this is the best diet I've ever been on!

So, as long as I can maintain self control if he has a potato or something I think this is going to be great!

Anyone know of a SB friendly baked beans recipe?

Silicon Andy 06-30-2005 11:53 AM

Ok, for some reason I thought the title of this thread said "Tuesday," and I was seriously freaking out that I'd lost all track of time or something ("Isn't it Thursday? I could swear yesterday was Wednesday, so it must be Thursday!"). Obviously I should have some coffee!!

Sassy--AWESOME job!

Jenne--I am SO EXCITED for you! You'll have to post a recap (and pics??) when you get back. Ugh, I'll be on vacation. Well, I'll look for them when I'm home (or maybe steal some time on DH's laptop).

PHinsUP--SOOO jealous of your massage!! Enjoy it!

Summerlover--Welcome to the beach, fellow teacher! I waited for school to be out to start SB as well, mostly because of breakfast! I need grab-and-go breakfasts during the school year! I'm ttc right now and just had my first RE visit yesterday. I'm hoping I can avoid the shots/IVF, but time will tell. So glad you got your daughter out of the deal!

I made the taco bake on Tues. night and my DH LOVED it (so did I, but he really enjoyed it). I got up on Wednesday thinking I might just have some of it for breakfast, but he'd taken all of the leftovers with him to work (he has class Weds. nights so needs lunch and dinner). I guess he really did like it!

Day 2 of met and I'm feeling good. I got a "medium" reading on my cbe fert. mon. this a.m. (first reading that hasn't been low in 22 days) and am down 2 lbs on my scale. I'm going to wait until tomorrow and weigh again to make sure it "sticks."

I made an awesome chicken salad last night with some leftover chicken breasts I'd marinated in Italian dressing (I think Bernstein's is the brand, and it has 0g sugar). Anyhow, the chicken plus tons of veggies, some parm. cheese, and some more dressing. It was YUMMY!

We leave for our vacation on Saturday. I'm really looking forward to it! I'm going to try to stick to p1 as much as possible (I can do without bread/pasta/potatoes easily), but I will probably allow myself some dessert now and then. Our anniversary is July 10, and we're celebrating it on this trip. I'll also get to see my sister, who is 5 months pg. We have some shopping to do!!

Have a thrilling Thursday, ladies! (Thursday, not Tuesday!)

Summerlover 06-30-2005 12:31 PM

Thanks to Schatzi, Freckled Frog, Soon2bfab, Sheba's mom, Jenne, Ruth, Kristin, and Silicon Andy (Sarah) for welcoming me! This is one BUSY thread! I don't know how I will keep up with all of you in the fall. But for the summer, I should do okay.

Sarah: I'm a font of information after 3 years of infertility treatments, so feel free to pick my brain if needed. You have a wonderful attitude, and that is more than half the battle.

Kristin: My dog, Duffy, a basset hound/beagle mix, has anxiety attacks before and during thunderstorms. In fact, he had diarrhea in his crate while my DD and I were at the movies with friends. Shortly after we got home, the storm came and was a huge one. Anyway, when I know a storm is coming or during the storm, I give him a natural extract to calm him. His vet recommended "Rescue Remedy" to us. We bought it in a health food store. It comes in a tiny bottle, but all you need to do is give your animal one drop on a goodie to help him/her relax. It chills Duffy ever so slightly and allows him to rest during the storm. I hope this helps you.

klibrarian 06-30-2005 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Summerlover
Sarah: I'm a font of information after 3 years of infertility treatments, so feel free to pick my brain if needed. You have a wonderful attitude, and that is more than half the battle.

I know you addressed this comment to Sarah but I'm interested too!

Just wondering if those fertility treatments ended successfully? One of the reasons that I'm trying to lose weight is because of my fertility struggles.
When I get to my goal weight my doctor has suggested that we attempt Clomid. But I'm praying that I don't end up having Clomid...maybe it will just happen naturally!

kissyjoy 06-30-2005 01:32 PM

Hi Chicks!

Sounds like we're....um....very free today! Walking around naked doesn't sound too appealing here since there's a marine layer over us making it a little chilly. We're in the 60's now but will warm up into the low 70's later on today. We haven't had a marine layer in over a week and of course it has to move in after I just washed my car! :mad: Why does it always happen that way?

Not too much going on with me today. I've just been swamped with work. I've got back to back weddings on the 9th & 10th that I'm dreading. I never usually take 2 in a weekend but the second one is small. The first one is 260 people though and is in one of my least favorite venues in Santa Barbara. The walking that is done at this place is unbearable because the resort is so big. The good thing is that the 2nd wedding is in a small venue (still with a big hill but not as bad as the other one). Either way, I know I'm going to be exhausted!!! :dizzy:

This weekend I plan on finally finishing up paint touch-up in my kitchen/downstairs. Then I can finally get some pics done and show you what it looks like! I LOVE my kitchen now! I've been cooking every night. Last night we had some grilled albacore that my old neighbor had just caught (he has his own fishing boat) and the grilled veggies from the SBD book. I love those veggies!!! The red onion is my favorite part of it. I might make them again over the weekend. I don't have plans for the 4th as of yet. I've been invited to a friends house in Santa Barbara. He cooks like a gourmet chef and his food is to die for....it's just not OP. We'll see what happens.

I'm going to WI tomorrow morning. I've been keeping up my exercise and am hoping the scale will show that. Oh, Scale Gods....what can I offer thee to make the scale go down for I have drank my water, ate good food, and exercised? :lol:

Hope you all have a wonderful OP day (clothing optional)! Hey, since when did this beach become a nude beach?

fl_mom 06-30-2005 02:08 PM

Andy- woohoo! a med reading, mini-congrats. Glad the met is working out for you, the side effects are usually the worse right in the beginning.

Welcome Summer!!

Klibrarian - I think the success of fertility treatments really depend on why you were diagnosed with infertility in the first place. I took clomid but it never worked for me. That may be because I was still "obese" at the time and it has a low success rate for obese women. Now that my IR has been diagnosed and I am taking Metformin, doing sbd, and losing weight, I am trying again. I am now taking Femara (instead of clomid) and I am hoping this month goes very well.

mamaeli 06-30-2005 03:08 PM

Hi everyone, just wanted to pop in a say hi, I'm still around.....have been spending a lot of my computer time trying to find tickets to see my sister (who is in labor at this very moment!) Haven't been overly successful with that. Anyway, been eating ok but zero exercize (bad, bad, bad.) It's been gross outside with high temps and humidity. My windows are getting condensation from the outside! Haven't been able to get to Curves either, but my Gazelle is staring me right in the face..........Welcome everyone new, and have a great day. Try to stay cool!

Barb0522 06-30-2005 04:55 PM

I've got just enough time for a quick Hello. I'm actually taking off work tomorrow for a comp day. I really need the break. And I need to have a talk with Brian tonight. He got in trouble at day care today for fighting. That is very unlike him. Since they aren't going to let him go on the field trip to the zoo tomorrow as punishment, I think I'm going to keep him at home with me. I suspect part of his problem may be that he's been getting to bed too late recently because he has swim lessons in the evening and then we are eating dinner really late. Oh, well, I will figure it out.

2BFIT1 06-30-2005 08:26 PM

Summerlover and Klibrarian~~Welcome to the beach :wave:

I spent the majority of the day working in the yard (in 90deg + humidity ) . Thought I had sweated off at least 5 pounds, but no, they're still there :crazy:
I saved a baby robin from my cat who was watching it in the flowerbed and found a huge King snake in my Bluebird box eating the eggs. I guess you can't save everything in nature.
Then relaxed in the pool around 3:00. I stayed OP except for a glass of riesling :smug: . I'm exhausted and hopfully will not have that crappy insomnia tonight.

Catch ya on the beach :beach: tomorrow.

2BFIT1 06-30-2005 08:31 PM

Fl Mom~I love your new baby ticker!!!

Summerlover 06-30-2005 11:06 PM

Librarian, yes I had a happy ending. I have a 7 year old daughter. Clomid was one of the first things I took. It was like candy for me...it did nothing. I have endometriosis which blocked the sperm from getting to my eggs. No amount of fertility drugs would change that. I actually took a hormone, Lupron, which halted the growth of endometriosis, but it gave me symptoms of menopause. I got panic attacks and hot flashes. I wanted to jump out of my skin. After a couple months of **** on Lupron, I had yet another surgery to remove some of the endometrial tissue. Then they loaded me up with a fertility drug cocktail...shots in my butt every day. Then at the right time, my eggs were removed, placed in a petri dish with my husband's sperm, and we got 16 embryos. The 4 most viable embryos were implanted in me, and I went to bed for two weeks with my legs up in the air. The shots continued. The best day of my life was when I saw the results of my pregnancy test. To say that I wept does not put into words the depth of emotion I felt. I called my father and sister in Florida on the doctor's office phone before I even called my husband. Oops! Several ultrasounds later, I found out we were having twins. Then several more ultrasounds after that, we found out there was only one baby left. I still had to have the shots to maintain the pregnancy. I puked all day for 5 months. I was huge. I looked like I was carrying twins even though I was carrying a single. I had to be tested for gestational diabetes and pre-eclampsia throughout the pregnancy, but made it to full-term without getting either. I was put on bed rest for the last three months of the pregnancy. My daughter was late, the epidural didn't work, was induced with sidotec and pitocin, never got past 5 centimeters, was delivered by emergency C-section 31 hours later. Yes, this was quite an ordeal. The doctors almost lost my daughter, but they saved her life. I do believe in miracles, and this child was a miracle.