3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Manic Monday-June 27 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/60334-manic-monday-june-27-a.html)

a broad abroad 06-27-2005 05:13 PM

Soon2Bfab - if your dog gets sick in the near future it is because of the Oreos. You may not be aware, but chocolate is one of the worst things you can give a dog. They can have a severe, even lethal, reaction.

Quote:

CHOCOLATE POISONING

Many species are susceptible to chocolate poisoning, however, it most commonly occurs in dogs. Chocolate is derived from the roasted seeds of Theobroma cacao and contains theobromine and small amounts of caffeine. Dogs are particularly susceptible to these two ingredients.

Delayed absorption may delay the onset of clinical signs for some time after ingestion. With excessive amounts ingested at one time, signs may develop after 8 hours and death 12 - 24 hours after ingestion. Signs include thirst, vomiting, diarrhoea, urinary incontinency and agitation to nervousness, seizures, and coma. With chronic ingestion (over several days) death may result (sometimes with little or no outward warning signs) from cardic failure.

Milk Chocolate...
Lethal Dose? = 2 oz per kg of body weight (approximately 13 mg/kg) of milk chocolate can be fatal unless treated...ie: 5 kg (11 lb) dog = 10 oz (280 grams); 25 kg (55 lbs) dog = 1.4 kg chocolate.

Unsweetened (bakers) dark chocolate...
This is 10 times more lethal than milk chocolate (much higher theobromine content)...ie: 5 kg (11 lb) dog = 1 oz (28 g); 25 kg (55 lbs) dog = 5 oz (140 g)
And FYI to the other dog owners, no milk, bread dough, alcohol, avacodos, onion/garlic, coffee, tobacco, fumes from self-cleaning ovens, and YES, even bones, among other things.

See Partnership for Animal Welfare

http://www.paw-rescue.org/PAW/PETTIP...chenSafety.php

kissyjoy 06-27-2005 06:13 PM

Hi Everyone!!! :wave:

Sounds like there were some pretty crappy weekends. :( Anchor, OMG!!! I hope everything turns out for the best! Get some wheel locks on those wheels so you don't have to worry about that again! :grouphug:

I had a pretty good weekend. The wedding on Saturday wasn't as bad as I had anticipated. The MOB was much more calm which made my job a lot easier. I had planned on eating veggies and meat and I did....BUT the meat was so undercooked that I could only eat a little bit of it. Carrots were the veggie served with the meal so I only ate 2 of those (I don't care for cooked carrots anyway). I did eat the new potatoes because I was starving and a bite of cake (it was some of the best wedding cake I've ever tasted). Otherwise I did fine with eating on Saturday. I probably worked whatever I did eat on Saturday off anyway. There are a TON of steps at this estate where the wedding was. I went up and down them numerous times. :faint:

Sunday, I went out to Shambala to present the money we made back in April at the Buffett pre-concert party. There's a pic on the site of us with Tippi Hedren if you click on "news" www.shambala.org. My mom is on the left side of the pic...I'm on the right. I can't tell you how appreciative and gracious Tippi Hedren is (if you don't recognize the name think the movie "The Birds"). Tippi is also Melanie Griffith's mom. We talked for a long time and got to get closer to the animals with her than you'd normally get. I've never been that close to a lion! :eek: It was really amazing! We're hoping to put together an entire event to be held there off in the future (ahem Phins, Barb, Laurie and all the rest of you parrotheads). What better way to "party with a purpose" then at the actual charity itself? :yes:

I did great with eating until Tippi asked us to stay for another tour of Shambala. I was starving and the rest of our group decided to go for cocktails and appetizers at a Mexican food place. :yikes: I had 2 drinks and some tortilla chips (and a little bit off the fiesta plate). Either way, I was down 3.6 pounds this morning. I'll WI again on the 1st to see if I get somewhat close to my goal :( .

I've got an appointment to get to.....talk to y'all later!

soon2Bfab 06-27-2005 07:46 PM

kissjoy.....sounds like you had a great time! Love the pic...you & your mom look great!!