3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Question about SF Crystal Light and flavored water (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/60318-question-about-sf-crystal-light-flavored-water.html)

KellyBelly 06-26-2005 11:00 PM

Question about SF Crystal Light and flavored water

Are they allowed to be counted as water intake? I've looked around a little for the question if it's already been asked, but I may have over looked it.

I drink a good bit of sf Crystal Light lemonade and have been counting it towards my water...so I hope I'm not messing up! Also, Dannon has wonderful flavored water (no calories, no sugar, no carbs, etc) that I've been counting as well.

soon2Bfab 06-27-2005 12:02 AM

I'm not sure about the flavored water, but the Crystal Light does NOT count as part of your water intake...sorry

KellyBelly 06-27-2005 10:37 AM

I wonder why not?

soon2Bfab 06-27-2005 10:54 AM

kelly...I don't know the exact wording, but it has to do with the way your body breaks it down....there was something on here about it awhile back...I'll go searching....

Tammy70 06-27-2005 10:56 AM

I was watching a "diet doctor" show on fit network this weekend and she was talking about this very thing. Of course plain water would be best...but if you're like I am, and can't stand to drink plain water, she said that if you add a little crystal light to flavor it then it's better than not drinking any type of water at all. That's how I feel about it, I don't drink soda at all anymore and drink crystal light only. But, I do dilute it, I only add enough to give it color and a little flavor. And I'll drink about 96 oz a day. She also said that to figure out how much water you need is to divide your weight by 2 and that's how many ounces your body needs, so technically I should be drinking even more. Hope that helps.

KellyBelly 06-27-2005 11:09 AM

thank you! it does help. :) i don't mind water too much, i just like some flavor in it now and then, and i love the sf lemonade. but..i'll just dilute it a bit and give that a try as well.
i learn something new every day! :)

Ruthxxx 06-27-2005 11:14 AM

I think it has something to do with the way your body processes the Crystal Light ingredients. Also remember that it is NOT calorie free! I make it using twice to three times the amount of water and am hoping it can count as water. I vaguely remember Beachgal posting about this and will try to find her words of wisdom.

jenne1017 06-27-2005 11:44 AM

I think flavored water is ok, no? I hope so! I dilute that a bit as well. Drink, refill with plain...

I posted some tips on water a while back too. Will bump it.

KellyBelly 06-27-2005 12:16 PM

Y'all are so wonderful and helpful! Thank you so much!