3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   TGIF!!! Friday Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/60195-tgif-friday-chat.html)

brandyns_moom 06-24-2005 11:08 AM

I must be seeing things

I'm not complaining or anything, but I think I'm seeing things. I just weighed myself and I've lost 5 pounds!!!!! :D :dancer: :D Is it even possible to lose that much in 2 days?

Fl mom: good luck trying to conceive. I've been trying for quite a while now. My dr. still doesn't understand how I was able to conceive last time. He's stumped. :shrug: That's one reason why he's my little miracle baby. (and the fact that he was born REALLY early and shouldn't have lived... but that's another story ;) )

Toodles for now
Christine :moo:

Schatzi 06-24-2005 11:28 AM

Greetings SBDers! Late check in the morning...got soooo wrapped up in a book and just had to finish it before anything else!
Wenchy: I have a looong way to go before my panties are falling off my butt! :sumo:

Ruth: Sorry to hear about your cousin... I hope happy things start to come in your life soon.. :angel:

Soon: Happy Grillin! :chef:

Jene: Keep the faith ... it will come off! Remember, the weight is just a snapshot at that moment, 4 all u know u could be down 2 later 2day.

FLMom: BEAUTIFUL SONS! twice blessed, fingers crossed that the docs find good eggs in your nest! :)

Bamie: Girl You are always on the Run!!

RN: Have a great day off :) :sunny:
Bgal: CONGRATS ON YOUR LOSS!!!!
BBUM: I like the way you celebrate... We should all declare a complete week as "My Bday" and eat and do as we please
Anchors... Bummer bout Shyguy... but KUDOS on the 2 pound loss,,,, and do I detect Puppy love?!

2bfit1:
Dang , if I lived closer, I'd be joing you at the winery..how fun!! :hat:
KIKO" Sweet dreams love!
GoFishin: Woman do you live in that car???What with all the drive bys and on the gogogogogogo? :dancer:
Mat: I'm excited 4 U - have a BLAST
BMOM: TAKE IT ANYWAY YOU CAN GET IT...DO NOT QUESTION THE SCALE GODS!

Taking furkids for their walk... then off to the pool , if they ask me if I have an infectious disease (seeing as my face is one big pimply rashy pustule) I'll tell them its just a touch of leprosy...that outta clear the pool out for JUST MEEEEE.............. :D
CIAO FOR NOW

mama.dragon 06-24-2005 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruthxxx
So it's going to be a weekend and I'll have to wear clothes to all these events! I doubt that my sheer Indian cotton robes will be acceptable! :lol3:

Ruth: Why not ;) Wenchyhas already dropped her panties :lol:

Soon: Sorry about the scale. Have fun with the grill. Cook something great on it.

Jenne: What are you adding in on Phase 2? Maybe throw in a phase 1 day every few days.

fl_mom: WTG on the new doc. BTDT.

Shannon: Sorry about having to work :mad: I no longer work call, weekends or holidays.

Laurie: Isn't changing your ticker fun! :dance:

Anchor: :cp:

Sil: The winery sounds like it would be fun. Of course the spa sounds better.

Kiko: Lunch and a nap sound like a fine thing to do.

MaryAnn: A girls weekend sounds great right about now :goodvibes

Christine: :dance:

Me: We're still working on dd's play set. It's so hot out we can only do a few hours at a time. Every muscle in my body hurts. I finally change my ticker. No plans for the weekend except to survive our consruction efforts.

Lydia

Schatzi 06-24-2005 12:28 PM

mamadragon Good luck on the play set! Just think of all the muscles you're building!!

And PS everybody... only kidding about going to the pool... I have self quarantined myself until I figure out what the heck I'm allergic too...!

active 06-24-2005 12:31 PM

Hey Beach Buddies,

I didn't post yesterday, and I was BAD!!BAD!!BAD!!
Yes, I really was bad, but I read the post on "I feel like a failure"" Good advice, I don;t feel like a failure, I just have to resume SBD where I left off.

One of the reasons,(justification is everything), I had to take my mom to the Dr. to get results on liver biopsy. Not good, could be worse. Seems she has a rare condition known as PCB--primary bilanary cirrohis(sp). Hopefully this can be control through meds. She will have to have an endoscopy to check on the damage to liver already and check the vessels in stomach. I always knew my mom was rare. We went shopping and out to dinner, hopefully this brightened her up a bit. She is a bit overwhelmed, and I think somewhat insulted by this disease, since she prides herself in only drinking communion wine.

Need to keep moving, lots to accomplish today.

Back OP today,

Hugs and prayers,
WAnda

jenne1017 06-24-2005 01:55 PM

Just had a slice of bread yesterday for breakfast. I have some frozen berries. Will eat a serving of those with Jello and cool whip tonight :)

I'm just frustrated. Pay no mind to me...

kissyjoy 06-24-2005 03:37 PM

Hi Chicks!

This'll be a fairly quick post as I have to get ready for a rehearsal I have later this afternoon for a wedding tomorrow. This is not a wedding I'm looking forward to at all!!! :no: The MOB has been the biggest PITA....oh, and I should mention the bride is 40 years old and doesn't want a wedding (this is her first marriage). Her mother insisted on a wedding so I think everyone's attitudes aren't very good right now (including the vendors). All the vendors are not local vendors that I know and they've all been difficult in one way or another. :mad: I can't wait to just get this one over with! My July weddings are all fun and I'm looking forward to them. I'm just hoping I can stay OP tomorrow. Weddings are so hard to stay OP (especially with that cake staring me in the face). At least I know the food is either fish or filet mignon with veggies (I won't mention the rolls and red potatoes) :T !

On Sunday, I have to go back out to Shambala to present Tippi Hedren with the money we raised in April during Buffett Week. I'm hoping we get another private tour to see all the big cats. I love that place! It truly is magical for the animals that live there. I'm planning on bringing some kind of picnic-type lunch with a big salad in it. I've done so well this week, I'd hate to mess it up this weekend.

Being back on P1 after my vacation has felt really good! I just feel cleaner inside. I've also been exercising every morning. Would somebody please remind me how good I feel when I'm eating right and exercising if I fall off the wagon? :goodvibes:

Our weather has been absolutely gorgeous here. Highs in the upper 70's-low 80's. I love riding around with my sunroof open!

Well, that's what's going on on my piece of sand. I hope you all have a wonderful OP weekend! I'm off to lunch now....and to tell the cabana boy to please have a tall glass of ice water ready for me when I get back.....

Silicon Andy 06-24-2005 03:44 PM

Good afternoon chicks!

This forum has been so helpful to me, especially in terms of recipes. I've been eating mock danish for breakfast, and I'm making the pulled pork tenderloin tonight. I've also been upping my veggie intake (made the BEST veggie/tuna salad for lunch yesterday and today) and drinking more water. I hope that I see some results next Tuesday when I weigh again. Also, I got some Mrs. Dash that is a chipotle lime flavor (ingredients look sbd friendly) and used it as a rub on chicken breasts the other night. DH grilled them and they were SO good!

Speaking of DH, I picked up his test results and the are NORMAL!!!! I'm so glad that his procedure made a difference, because I hate to think he went through it for nothing. Now, if I would just ovulate, we'd be getting somewhere!

<b>Active</b>--So sorry to hear about your mom's health problems. Hopefully they caught it early enough to control it through meds. I can understand how your mom would feel insulted--I think most of us associate cirrosis (sp?) with drinking, but obviously that's not always the case.

The great thing about SBD is you can always hop back on phase 1 if needed.

<b>Brandyn's Mom</b>--HOLY COW!!! 5 lbs is AWESOME! Let's hope that is catching!

<b>Fl_Mom</b>--I'm so glad you found a Dr. that will help you! I'm hoping the RE I see next Tuesday will do the same. I had a NIGHTMARE experience with my last OB. She didn't do anything about figuring out if I have PCOS or not, ignored me when I told her I'd been working out for 2 months and gained 2 lbs, and then, DURING (not after--I was in the stirrups!) a pap smear, told me I should go to weight watchers or limit myself to 1200 calories per day. I sent her a letter a few days later and currently don't have an OB. Really, all I want to know is do I have PCOS or not, and if not, what is wrong with me?? Let's hope we're both knocked up soon!

Ok. I think I'll take Darwin for a walk/check out the neighborhood yard sales. Then I'll shower/change and possibly go meet my friend Jayne's new daughter!

Sarah

mama.dragon 06-24-2005 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schatzi
mamadragon Good luck on the play set! Just think of all the muscles you're building!

You funny! :dizzy:

mama.dragon 06-24-2005 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenne1017
Just had a slice of bread yesterday for breakfast. I have some frozen berries. Will eat a serving of those with Jello and cool whip tonight :)

I'm just frustrated. Pay no mind to me...

Sweetie, we need to sort this out because it is a way of eating/life and not a temporary fix.

Try eating one type of phase 2 food. A fruit or a carb. Stick with it for a week and see how it does for you. Also, and this is just me speaking for me, I try not to eat sweets with no nutrative value. If it helps you to stay op fine but what about yogurt or cheese. That said I do make jello for my dd. However, I make it with gelatin (which does have protein and juice. You could use any sf drink.

Lydia

jenne1017 06-24-2005 04:11 PM

thank you lydia but the jello does help me stay on -- or the PB Cup. I don't feel as though I am missing out as much.

I am just frustrated. Will stick with berries for now I suppose. Have tried bread and it's not taking. It's daunting to think that I can't eat bread forever (not that I can't but that it will be a while before my body oks it AND to continue to lose).

mama.dragon 06-24-2005 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenne1017
Have tried bread and it's not taking. It's daunting to think that I can't eat bread forever (not that I can't but that it will be a while before my body oks it AND to continue to lose).

When you feel you want bread, have it and do phase 1 the next day. That may even you out.

Lydia

jenne1017 06-24-2005 05:10 PM

good idea.

Barb0522 06-24-2005 07:17 PM

I want you guys to know I haven't deserted you. I've worked 54 hours so far this week and I am working part of tonight and tomorrow. And every minute at work has been incredibly busy. Occasionally I can get it and read but I always get interrupted before I can post in the daily.

Weight-wise, I am doing great. I'm still able to eat pretty normally and am down over 5 pounds since the 13th. It may go up with weekend with lack of sleep. That is normal for me so I don't worry about it.

This weekend will be busy. I'm supposed to donate blood at 8AM tomorrow (if I'm not working then). We've got a baseball game tomorrow night and then the usual 3 hours at the animal shelter on Sunday. Brian asked this morning if we could go for 4 but I told him I still have to have time for grocery shopping! DH has been taking Brian to swim lessons every evening this week since I've been working. Hopefully next week I can take him a few times. Know I care and I'll be back as often as I can.

active 06-24-2005 09:05 PM

Barbara-- Please get some rest!! We miss you and please know every time I read your stats, I am inspired!!

Hugs and prayers,
Active