South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 09:30 AM   #16  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Ellis - That was cool! Until the last part - super creepy! I have no intention of leaving the air conditioning today. Even if I have to drive around in my car.
Old 06-12-2005, 09:30 AM   #17  

Good morning chicks!
yesterday was such a beautiful day..and today is turning out to be the same!....J and I went to a cook out yesterday..and I said no to the bread..yes to the artichoke dip...no to the ice cream no to the cake.yes to 1/2 a small chocolate chip cookie...NO to the Coke yes to the diet coke...and voila what do you know this morning I was back to the weight on my ticker..141 NOT 142 or 143...yey! I am very pleased with myself....i think I need to give myself a break and a pat on the back for not eating like I used to.. maybe I will never get to 130...but I know i eat mUCH more healthier now!
Well its going to be a pretty low key day for us..maybe stopping by the grocery store to pick up some Ricotta cheese...and then I am prob gonna stay in bed with the fan on me for most of the day!
hope all of you stay nice and cool today....

~chelsea
Old 06-12-2005, 09:36 AM   #18  

Height: 5'-2"

Amy, I was thinking about sitting in the car with the air conditioning on last night. (we don't have it in the house) I was considering it very carefully... "Environment? Comfort. Environment? Comfort." I gave in for the sake of the environment.
Old 06-12-2005, 09:37 AM   #19  

Chelsea, stay cool, girl!!
Old 06-12-2005, 09:44 AM   #20  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning chicks!

Boy, was it EVER a hard weekend. And Sunday isn't even over! DC Pride is here and it's full of activities. I had to wake up at 6:15 to drive HB to work She's going to Philly for the day to work Pride there. I have a 10:30a brunch and then off to DC Pride Festival.

Friday was a happy hour. But yours truely only drank water, lots of it. Even went out dancing and only had more water Last night as well was full of alcoholic beverages but I am so proud. Today officially ends Phase 1, although I think I am going to take it one more day since I have a lot of P1 foods to eat.

Must go food shopping today as well.

Got on the scale and I am at 193.4!!!! I made it to my June goal already, although I only lost 6 pounds total for P1 and last time it was 13.

But it's a total of 11 for 3 weeks and that's good!

Sure, I've eaten Cobb salads for the last 4 of 6 meals (I hate being out to eat at chinsy dives!) but that's ok. LOL. I am so proud of myself.

Even prouder that I plan to stick to this.

After brunch and pride, it's off to Target today for a small lunch cooler to bring on the conference and then food shopping. I'm excited

Happy Sunday. Will check my sun soaked self in later! Sorry so long and winded!
Old 06-12-2005, 09:51 AM   #21  
gotta lose it!

Good morning ladies! Well the weight is down today 212.5 -woohoo. That's better than yesterday's jump (yes, I know I'm like Jenn - a scale ho)
Amy & Angel - congrats on avoiding all the yucky food at the cookouts/gatherings!
Ellis - you vixen.....strangers hitting on you! Too bad be was a strange stranger!
Ruth - I"m with you...we have fans all over the place....I ran the a/c for a few hours last night & shut all the doors to the couple of rooms we don't use & it's pretty cool.

Me: Mom is back in the hospital. Her kidneys are not working properly & she has an infection in her bloodstream (from an infected bed sore.) She's upset, she was suppose to come home on Friday. Doctors gave her an antidepression shot. Dad is upset, my sister is crazy, and I feel guilty because I can't make it down until Sat.
UGH! My DBF took me out to eat last night...to a PASTA place!! Good intentions....but I was mad. I did eat pasta, but took most of it home. The scales will probably jump up again......curses!!!
Old 06-12-2005, 10:02 AM   #22  

Soon2b, I'm sorry about your Mom, hon. I'll be keeping her in my prayers... keep us posted.

Jenn, enjoy Pride day!
Old 06-12-2005, 10:58 AM   #23  
A Lily from my yard!

A quick check in today. Never had time to make it yesterday. All went well with the Woman Build Habitat for Humanity project. No time to really post. I'm watching a movie with Mom. Looks like all is goin well for everyone! Talk with you all later!

Soon..Prayers for mom!
Old 06-12-2005, 01:26 PM   #24  
CELULITE BABE BLUES

Talking

Morning BEACH BABES!!!!!

Drive by post,HAVE TO GO 2WORK AGAIN,,,Big sales start 2day,the store wl b thrown apart (PUT THAT STUFF BK FRM WERE U FOUND IT) and tmrrow the compulsive shoppers wl start w/all their returns !!!!!

RUTH.....When u r at church pray for air conditioning,rain,a young handsome gardner 2help U,Harry,..... and ME TO WIN THE LOTTO SO I CAN RETIRE AGAIN!!!!!!

ELLIS.....I warned U,Bare windows bare all,,Ur creep probably has that telescope we discussed!!!! Hope ur not standing by that window wearing very little !!!

ANCHOR.....5:00 somewhere ,Ur dog pic is so cute,,I read an article that said the best way to meet men is 2walk ur dog in a park!! (short story abt my park experience,,,We used to hv a male pervert that sat in the park naked and played w/himself as we jogged by,,,people wld warn us not 2go that way,,,,WE CLDNT GET THERE FAST ENOUGH ....

ANGELSHINE....U did great,,proud for ur ticker tape success!!!

JENNE....Met ur June goal w/3wks left....U GO GIRL!!!!

SOON2BFAB....Prayers for ur mom!!!! By the way,,,I 2 am a scale ho,,,I bet I cld set a record for the times I hv balanced on the edge:!!!!

2anybody I hv missed while posting,,,,,HOWDY!!!!

U BEACHIN BABES STAY COOL................GOFISHIN
Old 06-12-2005, 01:47 PM   #25  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Gofishin - That is hysterical another good place to meet men is the grocery store on Sunday afternoons (provided it isn't football season) I'm headed there right now.

Ellis - Yes I've been sitting downstairs trying to be nice to the environment. It is much cooler down there. DS is like "why are we sitting the basement on a nice day?"

Soon - Your poor mom! Hugs to you!

Jenne - Good job on the water and cobb salads!
Old 06-12-2005, 03:51 PM   #26  
Mother Hen

Hello all,It looks like everyone is suffering from the heat.I guess because I have spent most of my life in Florida I forget that not everyone has air conditioners.I don't see how you stand it. I do remember when I was growing up we didn't have air and I don't remember the heat bothering me. But I can't breathe now when it is hot.And it really seems hotter.
I thought our rain was over with but I was wrong.I got out early and exercised in pool for 1 1/2 hours.Good thing I did as right after I came in it started raining and has been off and on all day.
My magnics didn't help keep me out of fridge last night.I will leave them as maybe they will start to sink in.
Nothing new. I blew up some pictures of some Florida trees so I can "try" to learn how to draw them.Have a good evening and try to stay cool and on SB.
Old 06-12-2005, 06:11 PM   #27  
Started SBD 1/26/04

Hi everyone.

Gofishin - you just crack me up. Thanks I needed a good laugh.

Soon - Hope your mother gets better soon. I will keep you & your family in my prayers.

Weekend has been really crazy. We spent 4 hours grocery shopping on Saturday and then another 2 hours delivering and putting things away for home bounds relatives. We had to purchase all of the meat we had in the freezer again because the guys that put in our new furnace/AC unpluged our freezer to use the outlets and didn't plug them back in. Talk about a mess. YUCK!!

Sunday we went to church and then mom wanted to go out to eat so I said OK again. Watching her eat eggs benedict was a really struggle again but I kept thinking about all of you and how much encouragement you give every one and I was really good with a salad and veggie omelet again. After that we came home and I spent 2 1/2 hours mowing our yard while hubby worked in garden and took care of the trees that are looking sickly. Little pooped but thinking about how many calories it burned (thanks to fitday) I'm feeling really good about myself. Now it is laundry time and figuring out what we are going to have for dinner.

Biggest excitement for me to today was my weekly official weigh in (not quit a scale ho but close) and I was down 4 pounds. Yippee!!

Hope everyone has had a good weekend.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:19 PM   #28  
A Lily from my yard!

Well I am home. It has rained just about the whole way! I am SICK of the RAIN! But I am enjoying the cooler weather. I think y'all up there must have our heat and we have your cooler weather. It only got up to 75 today! WooHoo! But man is it humid out! yuck! Well I'm off to prop up my knee. I had to go pick DD up from my sisters before I came home so that out me in the car an extra 2 hours and my knee feels it! Not to mention I start my job tomorrow! I cited but nervous also. Take care chickies!
Old 06-12-2005, 09:19 PM   #29  
I painted my avatar. :-)

Boy you chickadees were busy this weekend.
The concert was a blast. The 'boss' was really excited. It was the first time my company had ever done anything like that before. Now its a wait game to see if the phones start ringing. I work for a auto insurance co, btw.
I think I got my exercise in for the week. Was on my feet about 10 hours walking around.
I did good with the food yest. I had no bread, and only one petie for kind of dessert thing. But I couldnt pass up free beer. Got on the scale when we got home, and it hadn't budged, so maybe I did good. Plus the walking around burned off the beer. (Thats my story and I am sticking to it.) We had breakfast with a friend and she cooked an omelet for me while everyone else had biscuits and gravy. Wasnt that nice???

Well, off to grill some porkchops. Have a good nite ladies.
Old 06-12-2005, 09:56 PM   #30  
Faith in me

Ok...it's time for me to get serious again...for the past month I have just been...uhh...taking a break from the beach...i know bad bad bad...but I have managed to maintain my weight...which is a good thing...but I really need to get serious about my diet...I'm not too far from my goal...I think what 15 or 20 more lbs? I can do this...I have one of the ladies I work with starting the SB...she's on day 4...I have decided to get serious about my workout routine too...I'm gonna start doing situps....bike every morning....and I'm gonna try jogging again...i'm just not very good about it...i can't pace myself...i would LOVE to learn how to play tennis...but we'll see...I go tuesday for my bridesmaid dress fitting...and I'm going to tell her i plan to lose at least 15lbs before oct...since she's making the dress......eek....ok well i'm off to bed but it looks like everyone seems to be doing great!
Closed Thread