Laughing Cow cheese in celery
    almonds (15)
    piece of low fat roast beef wrapped around a pickel or lettuce
    green pepper with humus

Sandi
  • Here's what I have:
    ff jello w/ cool whip
    lowfat cheddar cheese w/olives
    celery/ cottage cheese ( and soon to try the smuckers natural peanut butter)
    cucumber/with italian dressing
  • I eat these snack for phase 2 as well:

red pepper with hummus
    raw cauliflower
    raw sliced zucchini
  • This is what I have come up with for snacks:

sf/ff jello
    30 pistachios
    cheese stick
    15 pecan halves (lots of fat here so don't do it very often)
    celery stick(s) with or without peanut butter (I am fortunate enough to have a store where I can go and grind the peanuts into butter. No salt or sugar added just ground peanuts. Very yummy)
    Boiled egg
  • I eat beans....roasted chick peas, or 3 beans salad. Beans keep me full longer.
    In the evenings I'll sip green tea.
  • Don't forget salsa! (Apparently some brands have added sugar, so of course check the labels for this.) Good for dipping celery sticks or any firm veg cut into disks (cucumber, zucchini, summer squash, jicama). Do make sure you try jicama--it tastes like apple and is superb with peanut butter.

Deviled eggs?--don't use mayo in the filling, of course.

If you don't mind artificial sweetener, there are Splenda-sweetened sweet pickles--spears and chips--a nice change from dills.

I eat plain slices of deli turkey and ham (smoked, not honey-roasted)--I like a spicy ham called "capicola" from my local Italian deli. Something savory and strong-flavored makes me feel fuller than something bland or sweet.

I also make my own cold sauces, such as a "pesto" with no oil (just basil or cilantro, a few pine nuts, peeled garlic cloves, kosher salt, some grated Parmesan, and chicken broth whizzed together in the food processor) and a "satay" (with peanut butter, fresh ginger, and chicken broth), to drizzle over steamed veggies.
  • soynuts with some veggies
    ricotta cream (I know it's a desset, but it's my afternoon treat, and I don't do anything for dessert, then)
    the laughing cow and pepper sticks (already suggested, I know)
    lettuce leaves wrapped around tuna and cucumbers (like maybe 2 of these, not too much)
    boiled eggs and veggies, but that's no so much a favorite
  • The ones I used the most when I was on phase 1:
    lettuce wrapped turkey or ham with a little mayo or mustard with some slivered green onions.
    Beans with salsa and cheese.

Snacks can also be smaller portions of regular food. Anything you like. Leftovers from dinner the night before can be a snack.

Mayonaise is allowed on SBD so If you like deviled eggs go for it.

Take care,
    Sarah
  • Did someone say SOYNUTS ---bleck---

Aside from the usual suspects like cucumbers, red bell peppers, celery, cheese sticks (or slices of 50% lite cheddar) with hummus, I also eat a salad with all said things with just vinegar or tuna or pastrami with mustard