3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   TGIF Beach Chat - June 10 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/59387-tgif-beach-chat-june-10-a.html)

ilovemyluckycat 06-10-2005 01:40 PM

Hello Everyone!!!!

I can't stay long, my computer is upstairs and I don't have A/C. It's about 90 or so in this room. Thank god there is some breeze!

Hi Carla! I'm 35, divorced, and without kids. We are all different around here, and that's cool.

I was thinking about the pulled pork and cooking it in this ungodly heat! Thankfully FAB you are using the crockpot...good call!

Had to take my car for a diag and then a flush and fill for the radiator because yesterday it attempted to over heat. She seems okay, just getting older. She is 11 with 200,000 miles (Honda Civic). I'm serching for a used car soon. Can't be soon enough I fear this car will nickel and dime me! :crazy:

Stay Cool on the BEach!

Sandi

changa 06-10-2005 01:41 PM

I'm somewhat of a newbie here since I haven't posted much. It's hot and cloudy here in central Texas. I was planning on going for a walk out in the neighborhood, but the rain is sporadic. I'm promising myself to go to the gym tomorrow morning right as I wake up.

I spent some time looking through the phase 1 recipes here yesterday since I have been on p1 since Monday. My DH and I went to a friend's house to watch the Spurs/Pistons game (Go Spurs Go!) and I knew I needed to take some snacks with me. I ended up making the roasted chickpeas...mmm mmm good. I had about a handful along with 8 oz. of Diet Coke. The bad news is that I also had a glass of red wine and a chocolate chocolate chip cookie. :( Back to the drawing board...

This morning I tried the mock french toast recipe. It was good but I don't have any sf syrup, and boy was I needing it. I was tempted to add some real syrup but instead used a packet of Splenda. Not the same but it got me through.

I'm going to a Mexican restaurant with DH and some of his coworkers for happy hour and dinner tonight. As much as I'd love a margarita, just water for me. I'm not sure what to order to eat, though. I know rice and beans are out of the question. Any suggestions?

Barb0522 06-10-2005 02:15 PM

changa - Some Mexican restaurants are easy to deal with and some aren't. I'm in North Texas and when I eat at Cozymel's I usually get the low carb fajitas. It comes with black beans and grilled veggies instead of refried beans and rice. It comes with lettuce leaves instead of tortillas. I stay far away from the chips. Sometimes a simple pechuga de pollo works depending on what side items. Or a salad can work. Stay away from corn. Watch the cheese and sour cream since they are probably full fat. Grilled fish or shrimp can also be really good.

You need to be really careful on phase 1. I would suggest you restart phase 1 since you went off plan. It is very important to follow the allowed food list carefully in phase 1 since you are trying to detox.

soon2Bfab 06-10-2005 03:04 PM

Changa -Welcome...even if you are a Spurs fan =)

jenne1017 06-10-2005 03:20 PM

Changa -- I always order steak or chicken fajitas -- depending on whether or not it's black angus steak or the cheap stuff.

I ask for black beans and no rice or tortillas. They usually come on a bed of veggies (peppers and onions at least). I ask for extra veggies :) YUM!

beachgal 06-10-2005 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bamiegurl
Wenchy...I can't say what my sister calls me!:lol3:

Bamie! :lol3: I always quote this thing I read on a pillow once to my sister: "God made us sisters, Prozac made us friends." :lol:

beachgal 06-10-2005 03:38 PM

Welcome, Changa! :) All the Mexican suggestions here are good. I agree, restart P1 since you cheated...doing it with no cheats will do the most for you, now and later. :yes: Try having a diet coke with a slice of lime while others have their margaritas. Not as good, but very satisfying! :hat:

Ruth, have you ever given the dogs the ice cream that's made for dogs? They come in little cups (like the sundaes you got in school that came with a wooden paddle to eat with) and in delicious (to dogs!) flavors like liver. :lol: We get two brands in our store: Frosty Paws and Dogsters. We got both last year and Lady loves them. They're an occasional treat, like once a week, and I always fill the dish to the brim with water around the ice cream so she gets hydrated too. ;)

Bamiegurl 06-10-2005 04:39 PM

Afternoon all! We are finally fixin to go to lunch! lol We are not goin to Nashville mom does not feel up to that after all she says. No prob since it's gettin late on a Fri.! My oldest sis and I are a whole lot alike! Mom says we are twins 10 years apart! We were jokin on each other last night and she said I can barely take y'all seperate let alone together! She was kidding...I think! lol Let's just say we can get pretty ronchy...but not too ugly! lol

Well I have got to go eat I'm starvin! Mom is on the phone with one of my other sisters...bla bla bla...hang up let's go! lol She is in Michigan visiting her 2 boys. She is the one that has a few mental issues. Oh she is sayin her luv u bye's! lol Have a great evenin all!

anchor weight 06-10-2005 04:46 PM

Go Fishin! Way to go sister! :flame: Gonna have to keep that in mind.

Ok chicks drumroll..........................He's 33! Sorry I have to keep him he is in the age range. :lol: But now the badside - he has a girlfriend. :mad: Oh well - at least he didn't ask me to take a picture of my feet and send it to him. :barf: :lol: I can see Bami now. :lol: He says they aren't getting along :rolleyes: right now. Can't imagine why? :?: :lol: He's out looking at other girls - oh I mean feet! :lol:

I'LL NEVER MEET ANYONE WHO ISN'T A FREAK!!!!!! :lol:

Good diet day though. I had lunch at Olive Garden - I had broiled salmon and steamed broccoli and salad - no breadsticks - no drinks. Saw Madagascar with DS - just a pop - not even a pistachio!

beachgal 06-10-2005 05:13 PM

Amy, you OP girl! :bravo: I bet cute boy's girlfriend feels like Bamie does about feet, and that's why he's looking elsewhere. ;)

changa 06-10-2005 05:34 PM

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I'm planning on getting beef or chicken fajitas and black beans. If they don't have black beans, I'll take borracho beans instead. I think I should be okay with that.

I'm a little confused. I was planning on staying on p1 for the rest of this week and the next. Some of you have said to "restart" p1. Does this mean to do it again for two weeks, or am I okay with just starting it from today until the 20th?

I've done p1 before in January but got bogged down in p2. I'm hoping that doesn't happen again this time!

Bamiegurl 06-10-2005 06:44 PM

Amy..Maybe he just wants to suck on your toes! :lol3:

ilovemyluckycat 06-10-2005 07:37 PM

good lord it's getting hot in here with all this talk of sucking toes and men!!!! Us old ladies have to work it! 33!!! PERFECT! You go girl! ;)

So cheated off the path....thinking of phase I again...need structure! :nono: :nono: :nono:

Sandi

Eleni 06-10-2005 09:04 PM

Hello all,It has been a rainy dreary day and will be more of the same tomorrow as tropical storm Arlene passes by. I was getting in a good groove of exercising in pool but water is too cool now.Should be back in it by Sunday I hope.
Am trying to keep a food chart this week.Especially trying to keep track of night eating. We stopped at grocery store to pick up a couple things and spent $60.
And we will have to go back Sunday for more. We both wanted some chips so bad.Have not had a chip in 3 months.Have not been craving anything until the last few days and both of us have been wanting chips. I bought fruit instead. Fruit is main carb I have brought back in diet. I usually have 1 apple and 1 orange everyday. But I bought some black grapes,watermelon and cantolope tonight. Made myself a fruit cup instead of chips. Unfortunately I still want chips :lol:
Have a good weekend ;) :wave:

anchor weight 06-10-2005 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bamiegurl
Amy..Maybe he just wants to suck on your toes! :lol3:

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: I almost spit my green tea across the room. :lol: :lol: It's Friday night - I think we can be a little naughty :devil:

Besides - truth be told - I spent my Friday night watching Fairly Odd Parents - Schools Out 1 hour movie special with a 7 year old. :lol: Now that is living!