3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Phase 1 Start - Monday June 6th (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/59227-phase-1-start-monday-june-6th.html)

1day@atime 06-06-2005 09:28 PM

Phase 1 Start - Monday June 6th

Hello,
Decided I need to start phase 1 over. I need to get the cravings all out of my system. I have done this program before and I feel great when I do it, but I just takes one weekend of junkfood eating to get me off the program. So if anyone wants to join me for the next two weeks hop on board.

Can't get the titled corrected? What am I doing wrong?

mama.dragon 06-06-2005 11:28 PM

Patty, I think that's one of the nice things about the beach. You know what you need to do and you can do it.

Lydia

nweisha 06-07-2005 04:40 AM

I have also found that all you need is a bad weekend with too many birthday parties & not enough will power & you're back at square one.

Ruthxxx 06-07-2005 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1day@atime
Can't get the titled corrected? What am I doing wrong?

First of all congratulations on deciding to detox again.

The tags do not work in the titles. Sorry. It's that way for control of type size in the titles of threads.

beckatz 06-07-2005 09:02 AM

I'm on board. This is my first go round on Phase I. I started yesterday and had a great day. I think I can do this (I think I can, I think I can!!!)

Zanesgrammy 06-07-2005 01:31 PM

I started on Sunday - I don't know if I'll make if for two weeks - the lack of variety is probably going to get to me by the weekend. I'm single so I'm not doing a lot of cooking. I'm going to go get some low type carb - meat and veggies only - frozen dinners. I gave up smoking 8 months ago and I definately have an oral/munchie "issue"! Anyway, I'm in on your 2 week crusade!

Islander 06-07-2005 01:49 PM

Good luck to all on Phase 1! :yes: I know you'll do fine. This board is very helpful, loaded with helpful information and good recipes!:hun:

Zanesgrammy 06-07-2005 02:27 PM

Patricia: you're right - I just found 2 recipes that involve black beans - I love them and that'll do the trick! A little celery and I can do some dipping! :s: And an egg recipe. :D

Thanks -

1day@atime 06-07-2005 09:15 PM

Hello Ladies,

Day 1 and it was rough. So many times I wanted to sneak into my co-wokers office and get a piece of candy, but I i didn't. I was prepared so I had lots of snack foods to eat. My water is another story. I have only drank 48 oz so far. Get to drink more.....

Beckatz - I know you can I know you can. I saw where you had lost quite a bit of weight already. Did you lose that doing a program?

Zanesgrammy - I'm with you. Being single I end up eating the same ol stuff. Or I overcook and end up throwing away.

Ruth - thanks for the information. Someone cleaned up my title.

Hope everyone is having a great evening!

Bamiegurl 06-07-2005 10:20 PM

Beckatz...Welcome to the beach!

Adi 06-07-2005 10:44 PM

Another newbie chiming in

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the 3FatChicks board and this is my first post. I used to be a regular over at the weigh-better.com boards before Bev took them down.

Anyway, I'm glad to be joining you on the beach. I actually started Phase 1 today (Tuesday), but will definitely try to support all of you who got your act together one day before me!

Today was pretty successful for me, though I did mess up and have a tiny piece of a carrot by accident. Got to review that food list!

I've got a bit of a sugar withdrawal headache, but it could just be fatigue.

Sending you lots of strength and support. You can do it! 1day@atime's screen name says it all! Good luck!

jenne1017 06-08-2005 10:01 AM

welcome all!!!

1day@atime 06-08-2005 07:32 PM

Hello Ladies,

Day 2 and it was a better than yesterday. The hardest thing for me was passing up some leftover muffins in the break room. Doing a little better on my water.

Adi - yesterday was my first day too! I printed a copy from here and keep it in my purse. I know my problem will be counting the pistachos. I tend to eat more than allowed.

Hope you had a great day today!

Adi 06-08-2005 11:05 PM

Another day down!

Hi everyone,

I should be like Patty and carry a copy of the allowed foods with me at all times since today I made a few borderline choices. I totally forgot about the nut limit and probably had more than 15 almonds!

Otherwise, everything was peachy (minus the peaches) and I'm really proud of myself for sticking to the plan.

Hope that everyone else had a great day!

Patty-- you seem on top of everything. Stay strong. Put those extra pistachios away! ;)

nweisha 06-09-2005 01:46 AM

Darn those pistachios! I also fell for them & had them almost ruin me. I don't even buy them anymore, I sure miss them :(