South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 07:27 AM   #1  
A Lily from my yard!

Talking T.G.I.F. Chat 5/20

I cannot believe it is Almost June already! Wow this year has flown by! Good Mornin Chickies! I hope you all have a wonderful Friday and stay totally OP! I guess I will take DS to school this morning since he has PE first period and is not allowed to do any type of physical activity until he see the orthapedic next week. Afterall how much fun would PE be with a broken arm! Today and Mon. is their end of year physical exam and he cannot do it. Not sure what they will do on his grade. DH made it home safe and sound late lastnight. Party is over! I'm outta here for now. I'll check y'all chicks later!
Old 05-20-2005, 07:41 AM   #2  
Darrell's Girl

Good morning, Chicks! How are you today?

Bamie, I know what you mean... this year seems to be flying by! I'm having a really hard time keeping my eyes open at the moment. I need to wake up ... rainy weather just drains me. Since I have an hour and ten minute commute, it's not a good thing to keep nodding off... at least during stormy nights I sleep like a rock, though. I'm hoping we have good rain tonight, too...

I'm moody today... I'm still in shock over Mr. Morgan's resignation ... he is such an incredible teacher and leader... and my best friend will even tell you, one of the high points of going to any band event for Concord is being able to look at his rear end... it's just adorable! tell you what.. i'll go post pictures of Morgan and his butt in my folder hehehehehehe

http://www.3fatchicks.com/member-gal...0&ppuser=30908

Last edited by MarineTubaMom; 05-20-2005 at 07:49 AM.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:46 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. I'm glad all is well with you this morning, Bamie. Boy, that knee operation didn't slow you down much, did it?

I have an incredibly packed day today! I need to get dressed and outta here by 8:15 to get to the hospital for my ortho Doc appointment, Then I need to go to a garden centre to pick up more rosemary as my order from Richter's isn't in. Home for lunch. This afternoon I need to dig, pot and label yet more plants for the yard sale tomorrow, gather another few boxes of "junque" for the sale and bake six of my world famous pineapple cakes! We are doing sorting and pricing at the Church tonight. I may have to skip that if they want the cakes!

Have a super Friday and Happy Vickie Weekend to us Canadians!
Old 05-20-2005, 07:47 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Aileen. We were posting at the same time. I'm looking forward to seeing Mr Morgan's butt! All I ever see around here is butt cleavage on the workies!
Old 05-20-2005, 08:03 AM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks. As promised I am making time to get here. Bamie sorry to hear about ds poor elbow, the things kids will do to get out or gym class.<wink> Have a great day.
Marinetuba- It is always sad to see a great teacher leave, you are right he has a nice butt.
Ruth- morning chick you are still as busy as always. Hope you get everything done. Have a great sale.

Me- not much still sitting here in my nightie with a blanket wrapped around me, but I have a million things to do. Starting with a list for Sobeys so I can get back on phase 1 on Monday. It is a dreary day here promising to rain so I am not in the mood to do anything but go back to bed and that is not an option unless the kids will nap too.
Have a great day chicks.
Old 05-20-2005, 08:30 AM   #6  

good morning chicks! so glad all of you are doing well!

I am at work and unfortunetly spending the day moving things... ah well at least its friday...So i am STUCK at 144 and its reallly bothering me...I suppose I should add some excercise in there..but I am so unmotivated latly...maybe I should lay off the 78897877 peanuts i eat a day as well..hmmmm
This morning I had My "mock" pancakes and canadian bacon mmmm some V8 and some coffee...its was WONDERFUL!
Well I hope all of you have a fab weekend!!! hope its sunny where you are cause we are getting TONS of rain ...

<3
chels
Old 05-20-2005, 08:31 AM   #7  
beachbum

Hi Gals

Going to my finally rehearsal for the senior center singers for the season. Yikes you right ~ Bamie~ The summer is right around the conner.and I still don't have the figure for a bathing suit Tried so hard but I guess that was a dream

Have a wonderful weekend ladies Hugs BB
Old 05-20-2005, 08:40 AM   #8  
Gryffindor Pride

Bamiegurl - A broken arm? My good wishes go out to your ds! I broke my arm myself when I was younger and it is very frustrating! Of course, I have broken a lot of bones so I have a good idea of how to function with trashbags and shower times. I hope he gets well soon!

I hit the gym last night and walked/jogged for 30 minutes on a tredmill but then I went home. I am getting over a cold and didn't want to over-do it. I am not used to working out and I fell asleep at 8:30 last night! For me, today, I am working. I had my Phase I (Day 2!) breakfast of a scrambled egg and a cup of 1% milk (I am trying to work my way down to straight skim milk after growing up on whole!) Then tonight, the guys from work and I and my boyfriend (ugh, what horrid sentence structure that was...but it's too early in the morning) are seeing Star Wars Episode III! I have been hearing good things which is nice for such a huge geek as I am. My true resolve will be tested tonight when I smell that popcorn! = Maybe I will bring some celery and sneak it in.

I hope everyone has a great morning!
Old 05-20-2005, 09:21 AM   #9  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning all (and Mr. Morgan's Butt!)

Have a very OP day. I lost another pound --- and it's my TOM! Must be eating ALMOST SB friendly for the past 3 days now Makes me happy. Trying to get more walking in since I don't take public transit anymore and don't walk as much. I am debating walking to work once it gets a bit nicer...but it will be SOME walk. We'll see.

Gearing up for June 1.

Hope all are well...
Old 05-20-2005, 09:32 AM   #10  
Michael Ann 1973

Good Morning Chicks...Happy Friday!
Old 05-20-2005, 09:53 AM   #11  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Bamie, you are in a rush for June, huh? Glad DH is home so you can stay off your knee more. How did DS break his arm? Did I miss that post? Hope he heals soon!

Aileen! I can't believe you posted a picture of Mr. Morgan's butt! But a fine specimen it is. Thanks for sharing. Shame that he's leaving...I know I developed a really close relationship with my drama and choir teachers and would have been devastated if they had left during my time in school. Have a great weekend and a safe drive to work. <--that's for you.

Holy Crapola, Ruth! That's a jam-packed (or is that pineapple-packed?) day! If anyone can do it, though, it's you. Just watch that knee, okay? One less cake won't kill them. Since Bamie's surgery went so well, are you thinking more fondly of yours-to-be?

LC! SO good to see you, hon! I hope that you get a chance for a wee nap. Have a good day in spite of the rain!

Angel, I hear your frustration. Sounds like you know exactly what to do about it. Your instincts are right...just follow them and you'll see that scale move again. You will also lose very slowly as you are so near goal. That's okay...that way it'll stay off!

BB, I bet you have a lovely figure! Find a suit you feel comfortable in and go for it, girl...you look as good as you feel, you know!

Gryff, go for the celery. You can resist that popcorn! I find it helps immensely to go to dinner before the movie so you are too full for the popcorn. Hon, you need to toss some veggies in that breakfast, okay? How did you end up breaking so many bones?

Me:
Oy, scale back up again, but last night was a late night, so hopefully things will look better tomorrow. I'm so sick of going up and down. Oh well...did 38 minutes of strength training this morning. Was able to do two more bicep curls than last time with the 15 pounders. Made me feel very strong! Strength training is fabulous stuff!!!

Still don't have my assignments! She couldn't make copies yesterday so was supposed to e-mail them to us first thing today. Still don't have them and it's nearly 10:00. Oy. Still, it seems like we'll have a lot less work than I thought, so that's a good thing, especially as I finally got a hair appt. with my hair stylist who is an hour away. The appt. is on Saturday at 10:30, so that's going to take over most of the morning.

I still have a bunch of perennials to plant, so I'll try to fit that in this weekend too. They're mostly for my hanging baskets, so it should go pretty fast.

Have a great day today, chickies!
Old 05-20-2005, 09:56 AM   #12  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hi, Jenn and Sunny, we posted at the same time.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:01 AM   #13  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning chicks!

Bami - When did DS break his arm? Never a dull moment in your house!

Marine - NICE BUTT! Thanks I really needed that this morning.

Ruth - Six pineapple cakes? How are you ever going to get through that without cheating? You are a better dieter than I am. Baked goods are my downfall. I could eat cookies every day for breakfast.

little chick - go back to bed? I haven't done that since DS was born. Enjoy your day!

angel shine - you have to precount the peanuts and put them in little snack size baggies. That is the only way I can stay OP with nuts. Otherwise at Sam's club Planters has a very small pack that is very close to the amount we are allowed to eat. Good luck!

Gryff girl - I bring a prepacked snack size bag of Pistachios to the movies. Actually I bring two bags. I eat one and if I still can't handle the popcorn smell I eat the other one. You can buy pistachios that are already shelled.

Jenne - Take care of yourself. Glad to hear SB is working after your hospital stay.

Sunny - Happy Friday to you.

My day got off to a bad start. I had it out with one of my teachers and I feel really bad. 13 years in an emotionally abusive marriage tends to make me very aggressive when backed in a corner. Some people are just too tender to pick fights with a wolverine. I have to remember that sometimes. We are all under a tremendous amount of stress trying to get everything ready for the state. Hopefully she won't quit her job.

Other than that I have been very OP! I even split my normal SBD lunch into two yesterday and had 1/2 for lunch and 1/2 for dinner. I'm feeling trim and looking forward to my weigh in next Wednesday. I'm feeling so trim I almost weighed in today - but that is the little scale problem I have showing up.

Also I asked this before but I don't think anyone responded. Is there a meltable chocolate that is OP for SBD that I can use? There is an old WW recipe that I believe that could be adapted to SBD if I can find an OP chocolate that melts, pours and then gets hard again. Like chocolate chips?

Have a great Friday chicks!

Last edited by anchor weight; 05-20-2005 at 10:05 AM.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:48 AM   #14  
Workin' it!!

Don't have long to post - took one of my floating holidays today to be off work, since I couldn't take my birthday off (another lady in my dept. was already scheduled off on my birthday). Plus DBF and I are going to a concert tonight (for those of you that are country fans - we're going to see Sugarland, Gary Allan *YUM* and Big and Rich).

I haven't been posting much because I'm still having trouble with my back. So when I'm at work, I have to get up almost every hour and walk around, so that minimizes that time that I had to surf around the 'net and this board between tasks - as I am now spending that time walking around the halls. Then when I get home, the last thing I want to do is sit in an office chair again!!

I lost another 2lbs since the last time I reported in. I don't know how - as I bascially had 2 off plan days for my birthday (I just couldn't throw out the cake that DBF made for me without having some on both days!). I guess I've built some more muscle by going to the gym like I had been and maybe my metabolism is higher? I don't know.... but I'm happy!!

Ok, chickies - I hope everyone has a great day! I have to take Princess to the vet to weigh her, as I think she may need the next size up on her Heartguard dosage and she's due for it, so I need to double check how much the little booger has grown... then I have to go by the bank (drive-thru!)... then I need to come back and clean up the house a little. Have a good one!
Old 05-20-2005, 11:39 AM   #15  
Working for the Cruise!

Just when you think things are calming down……

Doing pretty well, the mono has been intermittent lately. We were just crawling out of the pit of stress the business has been in when something else happens.

Last night I called my mom as I had cut my last onion out of the closet (I have an apartment and utilize closet space by stringing onions in pantyhose and cutting as I need them). We buy a 50 lb bag and keep them at Mom’s house. Anyway….

I called and my older brother answered. Apparently, my little sister Rachel (16) was coming down the dirt road by our land, skidded, lost control, and rolled our Chevy Blazer. SHE’S OK. She had her seat belt on, and she hit her head on the side window. Other than that she is just sore from trying to push open the passenger side door with a bit too much power (from the adrenaline). She climbed out the back hatch and walked to the nearest house to call my parents. WOW. The Blazer is totaled.

Anyway, as far my diet goes things are doing just fine. I made bean cake brownies and they are really good. I just have to not think about how it was made! They taste better than the ones made with butter and eggs and are much healthier for you as well. If you’ve been debating, give it a shot, really. I was so skeptical, but so far most of the SBD experiments have turned out really well!

Hope you ladies have a lovely day!
Closed Thread