3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Phase I Start - Monday, May 16 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/57917-phase-i-start-monday-may-16-a.html)

Bamiegurl 05-24-2005 01:21 PM

Love...You can check out the exercise thread up top and see who and how much the chicks are exercising.

Well I am down the pound I gained over the w-end. I have a hard time drinkin the water as well cause alot of days I'm just not thirsty and I have a hard time drinkin when I'm not thirsty.

LOVE2C135 05-25-2005 10:54 AM

Good morning chicks!

Another day OP. Just 6 more days to Phase II. Up until I started this, I was eating fresh stawberries every day. That will be the first thing I add back in!

The scale was my friend today, even though it wasn't my weigh in day. It said 189, but we'll see by next Tuesday. I always seem to weigh less toward the end of the week, and then it bounces back up one to two pounds on Monday. Odd. I guess I need to monitor my intake more over the weekend.

I got a good walk in last night despite my horrible allergies that decided yesterday was the day to kick-in. I swear everyone decided to mow their lawns yesterday. Well, I guess it's back to Zyrtek. Thank goodness for drugs!

So, how is everyone today? It sure has been quiet here...

LOVE2C135 05-26-2005 12:28 PM

We fell off the first page again...

Where is everyone? I'm getting lonely!

So, I made cookies last night for my boyfriend's trip today. AND, I didn't eat a one, OR even sample the batter, just to make sure they'd come out okay. That's big for me.

So, another day down, 5 more to Phase II...

Have a great day!

mamaeli 05-26-2005 12:33 PM

:bravo: Congrats on not even testing it! That would be BIG for me, too ;)

LOVE2C135 05-26-2005 03:30 PM

Thanks Mamaeli! How have you been doing? It sounds like you were well prepared when you started. Is your 10lb loss all from this last week and a half on the SBD?

Ruthxxx 05-27-2005 08:29 AM

Good morning, chickies. How are you all doing? Only three more days and we ease into Phase 2! I dropped another two overnight and am amazed and delighted. I have to be the world's slowest loser! Too many years of yo-yo diets.

mamaeli 05-27-2005 10:39 AM

Hmm, not all on SBD. I started back to the same ol same ol (6 week body makeover with added "cheat" yogurt, b/c dairy is a nono on 6wbmo) on April 29. After two weeks, I'd barely lost 3.5 lbs. Then I decided on South Beach at my babysitter's insistence. The first weekend, when I was making the recipes but also cheating because I wasn't really "on" it, I lost about 4 lbs. The others have just been bouncing on and off and on and off the last couple of weeks. I think I went WAY too heavy on the cheese during week 1. So I've had to revamp, and this week has gone better. But still bouncing--up 1, down 2, up 2, down 1, up 2, down 2......

beachgal 05-27-2005 11:14 AM

Ruth, :bravo: So thrilled for you!!! :jig: :hat: :cp: :high:
(girls, make a big fuss...Ruth hates it when we do! :s: )

Mamaeli, I so feel you...I'm bouncing all over all the time. How fun it would be go back to my old pattern, which was lose a pound, stay there for three days, lose another couple pounds, stay there for three days, etc. ;) As long as the overall trend is down... :D

Fitmommy 05-27-2005 05:08 PM

Completely and totally cheated today. Heard some not-good news about my dad today and immediately went and had half a brownie :( Should I continue Phase 1, go on to Phase 2 or restart phase 1? I don't know if I can d o it for another 2 weeks, the past 10 days have been such a nightmare.

Ruthxxx 05-30-2005 09:51 AM

Check in. Officially onto Phase II today and we don't dp separate threads for that.
How did it go? I am pleased to say that I dropped 5.2 pounds - and it's about time!

LOVE2C135 05-30-2005 01:08 PM

Fitmommy: Just dust off and start again. You can do it! We're here for you! Don't let bad news sabotage your health. I do hope your Dad's okay. There's nothing worse that an ill or injured parent. I feel for you, and have been there. It can be really tough, but you'll pull through.

Hi Chicks! I started one day later than all of you, so I have one more day to go. The scale was my friend this morning, and I'm hoping we'll continue to be buds for my weigh in tomorrow.

I got in some exercise this weekend, and even ran with my bad knee yesterday. It wasn't great, but I did get in 2 miles. I was surprised at how well I was breathing. I think it's the lower fat in my diet. Very encouraging!

Well, I'll check in tomorrow and let ya know!

LOVE2C135 05-31-2005 09:58 AM

The scale was my friend again this morning! Down 7 pounds in Phase I. On to Phase II...