South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 06:08 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Hump Day - February 16

Good morning! We have another springlike day ahead although winter is coming back on Friday.

My friend Margo of the Hyper Pypers is coming for lunch today. It'll be nice to see her without the rest of the wild crew and just chat without countless interruptions from her DH, kids and Bailey my grandpuppy. I doubt that she'll bring along Bailey as she'll be driving her Mary Kay car and won't want wet paws on the upholstery. I guess I'd better spiff up a bit for the visit as she's making a MK delivery in the area and will be in her MK wardrobe not the usual jeans and T-shirt! On the other hand, I'll just put on my new funky earrings.

I'll pop back in later after I have dealt with the Doggage who are madly barking for breakfast.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:31 AM   #2  
A Lily from my yard!

A quick drive by. DH was on the puter this morning so I am behind already. The refs did not show up for DD's first soccer game! Well they showed up over an hour late they said they thought it was at 6. UGH! DH and I were workin the gate and had to refund everyones money! Poor coach it's her first year teachin and coachin. I am goin to try to paint the window trim in the kitchen hopefully today. I have a pile of laundry as well. Everything is just so upside down around here right now.

Ruth... Enjoy the calm time with Margo! lol

To all you other beach peeps have a great op day!
Old 02-16-2005, 07:48 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

Geez! Remind me to look out the window before I comment on the weather although it was pitch black when I posted. The Girls came in covered with snow. Right now we have a sort of blizzard although it's not really cold. Margo may not come today as a 90 minute drive in a snowstorm is not fun. If she can't make it, I'll have a whole free day! Yippee!
Old 02-16-2005, 08:16 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Ruth, I love those earrings.
Margo definitely should not risk the roads. It's nasty out there. Enjoy your free day.

Bamie, when you're finished painting your window trim, couldja come over and strip mine for me? I am SO not looking forward to stripping 100 years of paint from the damned things.

Addflower, get your butt going on those lists, girl. You can do this!!!

Kissy, I'm with you and the moles. Darned things. My skin doctor asked me to take pictures of them so we can "track them". That was about 5 years ago, and I haven't gotten around to it yet.
About two years ago, I got a new one. On the palm of my HAND!! I can't believe it!! I'm like some kind of FREAK!!

Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes yesterday!
I'll be back in a bit... must get the kids off to school...
Old 02-16-2005, 08:49 AM   #5  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Good Morning Everyone~

Wow..Only 3 others posted before me this morning.. Well, not alot planned for me early today. SLEEP!! I just got home from work and am sooo tired!! I am hoping the baby will allow me to sleep at least an hour or two. *Crosses fingers*. Will work at the restaurant tonight. Getting anxious..Friday morning I am having my wisdom teeth pulled. YIKES!!

Well, off to take the kiddo to school then to go to bed for a few hours...i hope!! Check back later! Have a Great OP DAy!!
Old 02-16-2005, 08:57 AM   #6  

Good Morning All,

Hope everyone had a good evening last night. I'm tired. This has been a long week and it's only Wednesday!! I don't know what is wrong with me. )
Rayney woke up at 3am with the snotty nose, color of The Grinch, can't breathe, stuff again ~ Joy

You guys gotta give me some encouragement today and tomorrow. I have a speaker meeting in my AA Group tomorrow and guess who the speaker is You guessed it. Me. I am nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs!!

Bamie ~ My kitchen is still patiently waiting on you and ellis to show up

Ruth ~ Love the earrings hon. If only my DH had pierced ears Do they come in clip - on?? Enjoy your day. Boy do I envy those of you who get days all to yourselves

Well, gotta go - running again today. Hope everyone has a great day on the Beach. I will try to check back later - although if today is like the last two, I may not make it.

No worries ~
Old 02-16-2005, 09:07 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Wow! We certainly have snow! The plough just went by fro the second time and I have a snow ridge of 2' at the end of the lane. Margo called and is definitely not risking the roads. Good decision, kid!

Now I need to plan my "free day" and get some more niggles cleaned up.

Rayney'sMom, I sure enjoyed your description of Rayney's nose product! I remember it well!

Amber, well, having those teeth out means you probably won't want to eat much for a few days - maybe. Be sure to stock up on soups and maybe protein shake supplies.

Bamie, I should paint my trim too. The windows were installed last spring, I think, and the trim is still not done! And then the LR and DR trim needs doing but they were put in in July! No hurry!

Ellis, you will be so expert when that kitchen is done, you will be able to hire out as a contractor. Maybe I can give you my Kevin list.

See you'all later. i need to brave the storm for the newspaper - Wednesday is the Food Section and I love it!
Old 02-16-2005, 09:20 AM   #8  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Can someone help me please...
I'm just starting SB and I would like some food ideas to bring to work with me. I work 10 hours a day and I have an hour drive each way to work.
Also, can you have avocados and artichokes on phase one. There's this place that makes the best shrimp and avacado salad with artichokes, lettuce, tomatoes and cheese. Thanks
Old 02-16-2005, 10:18 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

Hi, Karen. Have you decided to switch from LAWL to The Beach? Do you have the Book?

Check out the FAQ and Recipe sections in here for work lunch and snack ideas. Yes, artichokes are allowed on Phase I. Avocado is considered a good fat and 2 T. is a serving. That salad sounds fine but watch the dressing and the cheese.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:23 AM   #10  
A Lily from my yard!

Rustyfan... Welcome to the beach! Finally another Alabamian! lol I am no help on packin lunch since I am a SAHM. Sorry! But there are other chicks that will pipe in with ideas and like Ruth said the F & Q section will be a big help! Good luck!
Old 02-16-2005, 10:26 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

Another one from Alabama! There goes the neighbourhood!
Old 02-16-2005, 10:35 AM   #12  
One meal at a time!

Ruthxxx...Thanks for the help. I'll check it out. I do have the book but sometimes it's just easier to ask.. I did switch from LAWL to this.
Bamiegurl...What part of Alabama are you from?
Old 02-16-2005, 10:48 AM   #13  

Welcome to the Beach, Karen! I bring a lunch container with an ice pack in it to work. I often bring red pepper (with hummus sometimes) as snacks. Sometimes raw cauliflower or raw zucchini for my afternoon snack or I'll bring a container of yogurt. You can have plain nonfat yogurt on phase 1. Sometimes I brought hard boiled eggs or deviled eggs when I was in phase 1 too. Ham or turkey rolled up with cheese is also good.

For lunches I normally bring leftovers from dinner. Chili and other soups are really great and there are a lot of good and easy recipes in the recipe forum. Make sure you are getting lots of vegetables. That really makes a difference. I think I also did some salads in phase 1 but those really don't satisfy me so it is normally leftovers now. You can also take a container with grilled meat and lots of veggies and eat that for lunch. I often do one of the eggplant dishes or pile on lots of broccoli or zucchini, tomatoes, and mushrooms. The cookbook has lots of great ideas too. We love the Sesame Ginger Asparagus.

Me - Lunch was so good yesterday at Cozymel's. I got the chicken fajitas with grilled vegetables and black beans. I got it Low Carb style with lettuce instead of tortillas. I did treat myself and eat a few chips but I kept it to just a few. It was so nice to sit out on the patio and enjoy the 80 degree weather. Now it's gone. The high today will be in the 50's. Oh, well, that is Texas for you.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:57 AM   #14  
A Lily from my yard!

I'm in Huntsville... and you?
Thanks Ruth! I can always count on you for encouragement! lol

Ellis...You poor dear! I started stripping our bedroom furniture a few years ago to stain it a lighter wood... well it is painted a cream color instead! I ended up sanding it down and painting because the stain was to dark to lighten. Then when we were remodeling our rental house I was goin to strip the paint on the kitchen cabinets before I painted them due to lots of layers....well I ended up sandin them instead. That strippin is not all it is cracked up to be and does not just fall off like they show! So to answer your question no I will not be coming to strip with ya! lol

Amber.... Get some sleep! (usin my inside voice!) GL tomorrow with the dentist!

Kelly... You will do wonderful! Prayers headin your way! Oh I do not miss those days of the noses! lol

Ruth... Glad to know you won't be out and about in that wretched weather!

Me... I have all 3 windows painted with the first coat. I may try to go ahead and cut in around the ceiling but I think it is gonna be to much of a stretch for me. My knee hurts enough already but DH seems to have gotten lead in his behind the past few days and I am ready to get this disaster cleaned up! Check y'all chicks later!

Anchor.... Hmmmmm... yeah ok he showed everyone... sure I believe ya! lol Keep us posted on the new hottie!
Old 02-16-2005, 10:59 AM   #15  
One meal at a time!

Barb....Thanks..Your ideas are great and just what I was looking for. Do you have to keep this at 3 meals and 2 snacks. I sometimes don't have enough time to eat a meal so I just like to eat throughout the day. Can I do this?
Closed Thread