3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Hey. I'm new. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/53413-hey-im-new.html)

OhLaLa. 02-13-2005 07:15 PM

Hey. I'm new.

Hello, I'm new.. 16, 5"3, 130lbs. I know I'm not underweight, but I'm seriously unhappy with my body, as I have a very small frame and so I'm not comfortable. I'd like to be 110 for roundabout July time, and maintain that weight. I'm lacking in motivation.. I did the South Beach before but gave up and gained back the weight. I really want to do this; I have the will power, I just need the drive. How do I get this? I plan on starting Phase 1 tomorrow.

Thankyou. :] xx

AZLowcarber 02-13-2005 07:21 PM

Envision how great you are going to feel as you lose the weight :) Best of luck to you!

Bamiegurl 02-13-2005 10:58 PM

Hey Welcome aboard!!!!!!!!

OhLaLa. 02-14-2005 07:53 AM

Haha thankyou girls! I started today. So far I've eaten breakfast: thinking outside the box, a few carrot sticks! Lovely! Hehe.

ellis 02-14-2005 07:58 AM

Welcome to the Beach! :wave:
Make sure you eat enough, hon. :yes: How about a little protein with those carrot sticks. ;)

Ruthxxx 02-14-2005 08:40 AM

Welcome to The Beach.
Hey! Eat protein. By the way, carrots are a :nono: until Phase II. Better read the Phase I food list in the FAQ section. You must eat enough of the right foods to lose weight on this plan.

beach bum 02-14-2005 09:29 AM

Hi
Welcome to the beach,It the healtiest diet out there,but you must eat more that carrotscarrots.I agree with the ladies you should have more protein . Check with your doctor or health provider on how much weight you should lose,and go by that. Hugs BB

*Victoria* 02-17-2005 06:58 PM

Hi!!
I have never posted before but I feel like I am your twin!! I am also 5'3, not 130lbs anymore tho :) Last weigh-in was 121.5!!I have the some goal weight as you, too. Good luck and there is a lot of great info out there, make sure you know as much as the diet as you can and good luck!!

Bamiegurl 02-17-2005 09:11 PM

Hey Victoria...Welcome aboard!

ellis 02-18-2005 08:17 AM

Victoria, welcome to you, too!! :wave:

beachgal 02-18-2005 10:07 AM

Hello to Victoria and OhLaLa!

Do read the book please...it really is important to know why you are eating the way you are on SBD. Also check out the FAQ...Dr. A updates the "Food to Avoid/Enjoy" lists frequently, and the latest is all in that post in the FAQ.

OhLaLa, remember that feeling better about your body is not just about weightloss, but emotional and mental change, too. There are some great books out there that may start you on that journey, and journaling can help too. You might also find that exercise helps tone you and make you feel good about yourself, too. Check out the Exercise! and Ladies Who Lift forums for more info. But make sure you check with your doctor about your weightloss and any exercise you plan to do, okay? You're still growing (I gained an inch when I was 18!) and want to make sure you are doing everything safely. :yes:

*Victoria* 02-18-2005 04:17 PM

Thanks for all the welcomes!! :) I did read the book and I got the cookbook for Valentines Day..(smart man) So really looking forward to trying out all the recipes!! Good luck to all!